NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one vovan348 with 296 posts (265 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 204 posts (149 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 20 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 HighRise1202 with 18 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two cory with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 vovan348 with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 80,404 views
    2. thumb_up 541 thanks given
    3. group 21 followers
    1. forum 604 posts
    2. attach_file 241 attachments

Search this Thread

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Larry View Post
You are absolutely right it was painful for me to see you having so much a hard time making money with TF while it was so obvious to me but again I have years of experience behind me and using a different system.

Anyway it is up to you to make your own judgement and decide what suits you best.

I will stop here as these are your trading journals and I think it should stay that way.

I wish you all the best in your daytrading research.

Larry, thanks for the positive feedback. Also, we are more than open to hear adding any recommendations or obvious techniques to add. We would love to hear more about your methods and examples occasionally that you feel have significant value.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Tough day to stick to the indicators. You did reasonably well considering....

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

bluemele View Post
Tough day to stick to the indicators. You did reasonably well considering....

I was little bit confused and I had a lot in my mind. I might take a break for a week and sort out my thoughts. I think that would be for good.

I just feel that my brain is ready to explode. Haha.... It needs some rest!

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Larry
Montreal

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 45

Today with the gap opening and the pattern they printed overnite there was only 1 way and it was up until the 743 744 area that was where we had good resistance based on Fibs.

I also knew because of Holiday it would be mostly a trend day so I only took 1 trade long after opening and made enough to call it quit for the day I had other things to do so was not ready to wait until they reach 744 area.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
I was little bit confused and I had a lot in my mind. I might take a break for a week and sort out my thoughts. I think that would be for good.

I just feel that my brain is ready to explode. Haha.... It needs some rest!

Not a bad idea.

One thing that has helped me in the past it take chart trader off my chart and no DOM. And, just watch. No arrows, just watch.

Or, just a week off.

This is all part of the journey. Like Larry said there are other things to pay attention to and I concur 100% what he said. On Holidays they either tend to RANGE (tight) or one direction.

Tough week, but remember, not every week has to be a big winner. You are doing very good.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Hey Vovan,

How is the new system working? Excited to see your journal continue whether this system or another...

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
Hey Vovan,

How is the new system working? Excited to see your journal continue whether this system or another...

There is not a lot to post so far. Haha...

I figured that it's gonna be very tricky to trade NFT setup during december and I decided to invest some time in different method. I got some hints from Larry also following Deucalion's blog. He's kinda like Horst from NFT. Haha..
I'm still in process trying to figure out right time frames and R/R. I'm using MTP, Larry's stochastics and MACD.

It's gonna take a while like anything else but I wanna give it a try. I took some trades, but they are just for testing. Not a lot of success so far. Haha...

For now I got two time frames from Deucalion's blog. The idea is the same as any other method, get reversal signal on LTF and get in on pull back on STF. Maybe add to position on other pull backs on the way to target.

It's so different from NFT and hard to see everything for now.

When I get some results I'll post it.

This is what I've got on my screen so far:

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Deucalion 
Calgary, Canada

Platform: Multiple
Broker: Multiple
Trading: Multiple

vovan348 View Post
There is not a lot to post so far. Haha...

I figured that it's gonna be very tricky to trade NFT setup during december and I decided to invest some time in different method. I got some hints from Larry also following Deucalion's blog. He's kinda like Horst from NFT. Haha..
I'm still in process trying to figure out right time frames and R/R. I'm using MTP, Larry's stochastics and MACD.

It's gonna take a while like anything else but I wanna give it a try. I took some trades, but they are just for testing. Not a lot of success so far. Haha...

For now I got two time frames form Deucalion's blog. The idea is the same as any other method, get reversal signal on LTF and get in on pull back on STF. Maybe add to position on other pull backs on the way to target.

It's so different from NFT and hard to see everything for now.

When I get some results I'll post it.

This is what I've got on my screen so far:
Attachment 56147

LOL.....should I be offended when you compare me to a scam artsit like Horst?

vovan348 
Moscow

Deucalion View Post
LOL.....should I be offended when you compare me to a scam artsit like Horst?

I don't think that he's scam artist so no offence!!!

I think he's a great trader!!! At least in my eyes!!!

Deucalion 
Calgary, Canada

Platform: Multiple
Broker: Multiple
Trading: Multiple

vovan348 View Post
I don't think that he's scam artist so no offence!!!

I think he's a great trader!!! At least in my eyes!!!

Okay, now that you suggest a few things you have read on my blog, let me burst your bubble. And I do it bluntly because IMO there is no other way -

First, lose the word "I think" from your vocabulary. Opinions, thoughts are worth nothing. Neither are appearances, because this implies it affects how you act in trading. There should be no thinking, actions have to be based on some reality like supports, resistances, wedges, flags etc etc. In my trading book, the word "think" is four letter word that will make you lose money to traders like me.

Second, When you look at other people's set-up, understand that it is not your set-up. Use it with extreme prejudice.

Third, the charts you posted with your new set-up are too small. All noise. The easiest way to lose money is to look and trade a small chart. I have a 60M or 4000tick chart spanning back several days to see the big picture. This is the most common way I lost money for 3 years, I thought I could be cute and get away with just quick in and outs. Bad idea!

Fourth, now that you have read something new, use it with extreme caution. Your first instinct should be to disbelieve everything, yet keep an open eye for everything. I am just another anonymous poster with a blog on the net where 99.9% of the content is toxic garbage. I could be just another yahoo with a keyboard.

Fifth, I may have read somewhere on your thread that people want to reduce the uncertainty in price action so they know what to do. This is my biggest pet peeve now - I want uncertainty because the opposite of that is an "obvious" scenario. An "obvious" scenario is visible to everybody. A good trader will always shun the obvious, even if it means missing the trade. I want to trade when everybody is uncertain, because that leads to panic - I am usually on the other side of panic. Those are the highest probability trades. This is difficult concept to learn, some people may never grasp this, ever. If you doubt this, grab Dr Brett Steenbargers's books - they will open your mind as the concept of "Constancy of Uncertainty". Embrace uncertainty, chaos, anarchy and disorder - think how empowering it might be when you can truly say - "I had no clue what happened today but I still made money"

Last, you may believe that Horst was a good trader, but as long as he is selling his system (without broker statements) be very judicious with what you see.

Last Updated on February 1, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts