NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one vovan348 with 296 posts (265 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 204 posts (149 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 20 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 HighRise1202 with 18 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two cory with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 vovan348 with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 80,769 views
    2. thumb_up 541 thanks given
    3. group 21 followers
    1. forum 604 posts
    2. attach_file 241 attachments

Search this Thread

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

I agree with your first and last trades actually! Last trade area really confused me. Had I continued trading, I would have been short in that area as well.

It did do a nice short, but just required another push. So, I don't think it was too terrible.

I wish every day was like this, then trading sure would be a lot easier! haha...

You did really well today as your bad days are getting smaller and your good days are staying reasonably sized.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
27 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Diary of a simple price action trader
20 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
9 thanks

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

bluemele View Post
I agree with your first and last trades actually! Last trade area really confused me. Had I continued trading, I would have been short in that area as well.

It did do a nice short, but just required another push. So, I don't think it was too terrible.

I wish every day was like this, then trading sure would be a lot easier! haha...

You did really well today as your bad days are getting smaller and your good days are staying reasonably sized.

Thanks a lot!!!

Unfortunately we don't have a lot of days like today.

I just watched my video and I cannot believe that I missed that long right after my first trade. It could be much better day!!! Hahaa....

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Yes, same here! I was thinking the same as I was looking back. That is why I exited early too, as I figured it would go to the 100% then do a nice reverse but didn't expect that 'pop'.

It was looking juicy. If only right...

Thanked by:
 bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

bluemele View Post
Yes, same here! I was thinking the same as I was looking back. That is why I exited early too, as I figured it would go to the 100% then do a nice reverse but didn't expect that 'pop'.

It was looking juicy. If only right...

Good Job.. Today I had the Top too on the TF but exited early had i held my postion i wouldnt be here typing.. lol.... well done again.. Just try to be consistent everyday.. like to come here on futures.io (formerly BMT) to see you guys setup your trades.......

Good Luck

Bugs

vovan348 
Moscow

Another day another fail!!! Haha...

I used all my trades within first 30 minutes. I don't really like to trade days when Bernanke speaking.

I lost only one tick. I don't think it's too bad. I didn't get fill on the top after my second trade. That would be a nice short.

It was kinda choppy morning, but with nice 3-5 points moves. I just couldn't see it. When I saw that Bernanke testifying at 10:00 I just wanted to be done before that.

Still have another 3 days this week to make up for it. As Bluemele said I'm glad that my bad days become smaller. It's much easier to get back on the feet when you didn't loose a lot.

Here are my trades and summary:

My video:

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Dude, you and me both. It would go back through areas that I was more certain about like nothing and then go a few more ticks and reverse, or just miss the areas completely.

I am learning that Bernanke's speaking days are just difficult in the current market conditions. In the spring he wasn't so bad.

There was a beautiful short that I missed! Gosh, that is one to write home about at 9:41! I was planting fibs on the other chart and I missed it. I almost called it a day after I did as my brain just didn't seem to want to line up with the market today.

I am glad you felt the same way otherwise I would be wondering more. I am sure Horst will pull down some points.

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
Dude, you and me both. It would go back through areas that I was more certain about like nothing and then go a few more ticks and reverse, or just miss the areas completely.

I am learning that Bernanke's speaking days are just difficult in the current market conditions. In the spring he wasn't so bad.

There was a beautiful short that I missed! Gosh, that is one to write home about at 9:41! I was planting fibs on the other chart and I missed it. I almost called it a day after I did as my brain just didn't seem to want to line up with the market today.

I am glad you felt the same way otherwise I would be wondering more. I am sure Horst will pull down some points.

When he didn't pull some points?!?!?!!! Haha.....

I think days like today it just matters how many loosing trades, or small profits you are gonna take before you get it right. We both saw that direction was long on the bigger picture, but you can get a lot of short moves on the smaller time frames, and some of them were pretty nice.

I've been watching some other traders. No matter what method do you use at days like this they take quiet a few tries before they get it right.

I'm not so upset about today. Could I make some money today? Sure I could!!! Did I see entries for nice runners? No I didn't!! That means I have to learn and practice more and more until I see it. That's all.

I wanna try to trade on replay tonight. I know I remember what happened, I just wanna see how does it looks live again and try to remember setups. I know that today was more challenging, but I think it's good for practice!!!

Add: I tried to get short around 9:41 on that long bar down, but I didn't get fill. I figured that's gonna be a head. I didn't chase it because I thought I can wait for right shoulder. After we moved lower I thought it's too late to get short and was looking for longs.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

I think you did very well! Looking back, it is so clear!

After I posted last, I passed out on my bed for an hour. I didn't want to get out of bed because my kid woke us up an hour early and I couldn't fall back asleep until right-before trading time!

I think it is a mix of an uncertain market, not enough patience on my part and being tired. I told my wife that I just didn't feel like trading today. Probably because I was too tired.... (I have to listen to my inner-self)

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
I think you did very well! Looking back, it is so clear!

After I posted last, I passed out on my bed for an hour. I didn't want to get out of bed because my kid woke us up an hour early and I couldn't fall back asleep until right-before trading time!

I think it is a mix of an uncertain market, not enough patience on my part and being tired. I told my wife that I just didn't feel like trading today. Probably because I was too tired.... (I have to listen to my inner-self)

Thanks!

Not well enough!But I'm not gonna beat myself up!

It's always clear when you look back! Haha...
I'm upset that I didn't record when I tried to get in at 9:41 setup. When I took my second trade I saw divergence on 144 and I said "let's try it. Yesterday we had 8 points runner from almost the same setup." Then when it took me out, I was like " I guess not today", but when I saw even bigger divergence on the next high I was pretty sure we are going down, but waited to long. I wasn't sure that was the end of the swing, so I placed my order around 606.00 and it ran from me. I just think that was a great moment.

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

Another BE day!

This is the third day I cannot make any $$$. But I didn't loose anything either. I feel like this week goes the same as week before 19-23. The only difference I can manage do not loose so far. I still have 2 more days to win or loose.

Here are my trades and Summary:

Here is the video:

Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 1, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts