NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one vovan348 with 296 posts (265 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 204 posts (149 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 20 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 HighRise1202 with 18 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two cory with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 vovan348 with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 80,404 views
    2. thumb_up 541 thanks given
    3. group 21 followers
    1. forum 604 posts
    2. attach_file 241 attachments

Search this Thread

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Ok, watched the video. I like your new setup! Much cleaner.

You may want to look at adding the 10,800 or whatever the fib is on that to the far right or one higher than the 4181 as that was clearly saying down today but the 4181 was unclear to me.

Good trade management!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

To be honest I don't know what do you mean by "chase" on ATM.

Adding another timeframe seems to me like adding another indicator that gives you extra conformation. I'll have a look, but I think there is a lot of information on the screen and adding more is gonna really confuse. I think even 4181 is too big but it does help with my decisions. If you can make 2-3 points or even more trading against very large timeframe what's a point of looking on it. I might be wrong, but that's what I think.

I just think that too much information can be very confusing.

Thanks for your help!

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
To be honest I don't know what do you mean by "chase" on ATM.

Adding another timeframe seems to me like adding another indicator that gives you extra conformation. I'll have a look, but I think there is a lot of information on the screen and adding more is gonna really confuse. I think even 4181 is too big but it does help with my decisions. If you can make 2-3 points or even more trading against very large timeframe what's a point of looking on it. I might be wrong, but that's what I think.

I just think that too much information can be very confusing.

Thanks for your help!

I agree with you on being confusing, but I just filter and glance. To me it is all part of the picture and doesn't bother me. Yes, you could just keep going and going by adding more. It is really a preference. I plan on getting rid of 233 and 377 at some point.

On the ATM screen, right click, choose 'advanced strategies' or something like that and there is a CHASE Option. I would read about it in Ninja Help file first. Basically if your price gets hit, it follows if you don't get filled. Helps.

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

4 trades -3.4 points.

I don't know what happened, but I didn't pay attention to anything today. I didn't watch MACDs, I didn't take trades according to the PA.

Maybe i was still sleeping. I don't know. Something is wrong with me today for sure. I just want to punch myself in the face for this kind of trading. Days like this hurting my learning process and make me feel really stupid. From days like this I'm not learning anything because my trading doesn't make any sense.

I'm really disappointed with myself today!!!!!

Here are my trades and summary:

Today's video:

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

vovan348 View Post
4 trades -3.4 points.

I don't know what happened, but I didn't pay attention to anything today. I didn't watch MACDs, I didn't take trades according to the PA.

Maybe i was still sleeping. I don't know. Something is wrong with me today for sure. I just want to punch myself in the face for this kind of trading. Days like this hurting my learning process and make me feel really stupid. From days like this I'm not learning anything because my trading doesn't make any sense.

yes you can learn to avoid the same state of emotion going in. Could be room too cold, read some disturb news, wife too loud etc.. whatever it is just try to avoid it next time.

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

cory View Post
yes you can learn to avoid the same state of emotion going in. Could be room too cold, read some disturb news, wife too loud etc.. whatever it is just try to avoid it next time.

Thanks Cory

I forgot to close sunroof last night and it's been raining. I got up earlier in the morning and went outside to close it then fell asleep again. Woke up with light head each and my eyes tiered. Maybe that's a reason. I feel broken apart.

I just don't want find an excuse for my bad trading. I could pull myself together and do it right, but I didn't. So I don't think there is something else to blame, but myself.

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,404

vovan348 View Post
Thanks Cory

I forgot to close sunroof last night and it's been raining. I got up earlier in the morning and went outside to close it then fell asleep again. Woke up with light head each and my eyes tiered. Maybe that's a reason. I feel broken apart.

I just don't want find an excuse for my bad trading. I could pull myself together and do it right, but I didn't. So I don't think there is something else to blame, but myself.

From hard won experience, dont trade tired, sick, mad or sad. Its not worth it. You can get way with those emotions at a "real" job but not in trading.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
4 trades -3.4 points.

I'm really disappointed with myself today!!!!!

Here are my trades and summary:
Attachment 50341
Attachment 50342

Well, there were points to be made today, but unfortunately for me they all would have been scalps. The market dynamic changed a bit today on the TF and to be honest it was faking me out a LOT today, so don't feel bad about your trading. I believe days like this are just a bit more difficult because of the distinct change in how the market 'was' moving and how it decided to move today.

The trick I think is you have to pick up on that quickly otherwise it hurts. I will do my best not to blame the market today as it is all between my ears, but boy, did I struggle. I feel exhausted!

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

cory View Post

What about wife too fat and ugly? Does that count. hahaha...

(PS both Vovan's and my wife are both skinny and beautiful)

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
What about wife too fat and ugly? Does that count. hahaha...

(PS both Vovan's and my wife are both skinny and beautiful)

You just made my day!!! Hahaha...

Last Updated on February 1, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts