NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one vovan348 with 296 posts (265 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 204 posts (149 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 20 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 HighRise1202 with 18 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two cory with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 vovan348 with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 80,404 views
    2. thumb_up 541 thanks given
    3. group 21 followers
    1. forum 604 posts
    2. attach_file 241 attachments

Search this Thread

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

JohnnyAustin 
Austin, TX

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Amp and Zenfire
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 119
Thanks Received: 435

Today appears to be a MUCH smoother and trending day, more typical of the TF. Great job on the almost 5 points

Many thanks to the site and all the contributors. Great source of info.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

JohnnyAustin View Post
Today appears to be a MUCH smoother and trending day, more typical of the TF. Great job on the almost 5 points

Thanks Johnny!

It does seems smoother. I think it looks even better on 233T than 1M. I like it at least. 86ticks chart provides me great opportunity for aggressive management trailing stop above/below large candles or High/Low.

Thank you for your comments and your input.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

vovan348 View Post
To be honest I think that NFT has some flows. I mean that going for gas thing. Another thing that turning me of that you need a lot of screen space to watch all time frames. The strategy I'm looking for is the one I can trade from laptop anywhere I go.

Yes, the 'going down for gas' thing is an amateur description of hidden divergence. Sometimes Henry likes how he picks things up and it was from a student that said it seems like the bb's are going down for gas.

There are flaws in every trading style and you should definitely follow your heart if it is two charts or twenty. I would put up 50 charts if that made it easier to predict. I don't really even pay attention to a great many when I trade but it helps to just have them open so I can analyze another time frame when I am not 'seeing it' on a different timeframe.

You have a lot of talent and you will be good no matter what.

Good job today.

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

Couldn't get up in the morning to trade opening.

Got my charts open around 10:45. Had only 3 trades, It was kinda slow after 10:30.

First trade I saw that it's not gonna work out after I got in and I placed my stop to +1tick but it took me out with BE.

Second and third trade worked out fine for 2.4 total. I missed next entry and didn't want to get in later because it's not such a great move and I thought that it didn't worth risk of realized profit.

Here are my trades:

I didn't post anything on Friday because I've been trading all day and then had to go work. I had a lot of trades around 30 or so and a lot of them just stupid without clear signals. It was up and down and I closed with -2.5 points.

That advice about 3 trades a day or do not get in for a while after it take you out are very good. I just don't believe that trader that knows what he's doing should take money and run before you loose it. I think if you know what you are doing you should be profitable no matter how many trades you take. I would even say more trades you take more profit you get.

I know that I can be profitable if I think and wait for clear entries. I loose money when I stop thinking and start just clicking.

Let's see how this week gonna go.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

JohnnyAustin 
Austin, TX

Broker: Amp and Zenfire
Thanks Given: 119
Thanks Received: 435

The point of the 3 trades per day is to build a sense of trading discipline, nothing more. Knowing that you would only have 3 trades available, you have to make your trades count and ensure maximum profit potential.

Many thanks to the site and all the contributors. Great source of info.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

I think you are lucky you missed the opening....

Not my kind of opening for sure. haha...

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
I think you are lucky you missed the opening....

Not my kind of opening for sure. haha...

I guess so. Ha..ha...

I like being lucky!!!

vovan348 
Moscow

I couldn't trade yesterday. Didn't have power from 9am. Then I watched Bluemele video on my iphone and I thought if I trade replay it's gonna be cheating.

Today was really tough day for me. I didn't see nice smooth moves. I had 22 trades (way too many). My profit target was hit only three times. It would take my stop loss and then move in my direction at the most of my trades.

After I stopped trading I got nice set up and it would run all the way to the target for 4.9 points (11:52am). I've been waiting for it the whole morning.

After all my fees ($5 trade) I would have only $80 left, but it's still green and I'm glad I could manage to get my losses back.

Here is a summary:

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
I couldn't trade yesterday. Didn't have power from 9am. Then I watched Bluemele video on my iphone and I thought if I trade replay it's gonna be cheating.

Today was really tough day for me. I didn't see nice smooth moves. I had 22 trades (way too many). My profit target was hit only three times. It would take my stop loss and then move in my direction at the most of my trades.

After I stopped trading I got nice set up and it would run all the way to the target for 4.9 points (11:52am). I've been waiting for it the whole morning.

After all my fees ($5 trade) I would have only $80 left, but it's still green and I'm glad I could manage to get my losses back.

Here is a summary:
Attachment 46694

Yes, but days like this live trading are a bitch. I don't think you can avoid them unless you put in a physical limit or can limit yourself physically some way. I watch how many days I have like this and it tells me how far out from live trading I am.

I have a suggestion and take it for what it is worth. When you first started the journal you were doing very well. I think as you get better and better with a method you can reduce your charts/screens etc..

I put 2 optimized double stochastics on the TF on a 144 chart. 144 is just like NFT setup, but the stochastics are on the 1597 and 4181 timeframes. I think you will find that if you only buy when completely oversold and sell when completely overbought, that you could find as much success as any group of indicators, etc..

Enjoy watching your journey.

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
Yes, but days like this live trading are a bitch. I don't think you can avoid them unless you put in a physical limit or can limit yourself physically some way. I watch how many days I have like this and it tells me how far out from live trading I am.

I have a suggestion and take it for what it is worth. When you first started the journal you were doing very well. I think as you get better and better with a method you can reduce your charts/screens etc..

I put 2 optimized double stochastics on the TF on a 144 chart. 144 is just like NFT setup, but the stochastics are on the 1597 and 4181 timeframes. I think you will find that if you only buy when completely oversold and sell when completely overbought, that you could find as much success as any group of indicators, etc..

Enjoy watching your journey.

Thank for advice!!!

I tried stochastics before and I didn't like. I think I'm on the right way right now. My 22 trades were just because I wanted to trade and didn't want to wait for trend. I opened my charts around 9:45 and my first trade was around 9:50am. By that time there was no direction and that was a reason for so many losses. My last few trades I took when it started moving down. I have to be more patient and wait for bigger moves. Sure I've made some mistakes here and there but over all I'm satisfied with today's trading.

Thanks again for your advice.

Last Updated on February 1, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts