NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

VPS Recommendations

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one sam028 with 6 posts (16 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 4 posts (11 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Jura with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 RM99 with 3 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one artemiso with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 sam028 with 2.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Rajiv with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 23,425 views
    2. thumb_up 40 thanks given
    3. group 19 followers
    1. forum 34 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

VPS Recommendations

nismo
Australia

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 3

Hi All,

Just looking for some VPS recommendations to run Multicharts on.

I trade with MBT and Dukascopy so I'm looking at VPS's in USA and UK and EUR.

Cheers,

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

sam028 
Site Moderator

Thanks Given: 3,825
Thanks Received: 4,629

For automated trading, discretionary ?
Forex only with Dukas, or also stocks, futures, options, ... with MBT ?
How many instruments/charts/bars per charts/... loaded ?
How much memory is used with MC on your office workstation with these ?

Success requires no deodorant! (Sun Tzu)
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Juicec
New York City

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

nismo View Post
Hi All,

Just looking for some VPS recommendations to run Multicharts on.

I trade with MBT and Dukascopy so I'm looking at VPS's in USA and UK and EUR.

Cheers,

Hey Nismo, actually I don't use MBT, but it doesn't really matter what you use if your just offering VPS suggestions I suppose. I actually use these guys to run continuous open loop scripts for record keeping but they are honestly amazing. I picked up a VPS with them 8 months ago and I try to refer people to them when ever I can. I wasn't the best with linux at the time of sign up so I wanted someone to hold my hand to get everything running the way I wanted it to -- they fully manage it if you want some help at some point.

I would suggest for you to check out some reviews for them but all you will find is positives. They have a money back guarantee, not sure how long it is but either way I'm sure it would give you enough time to try them out. They have more info on their site and I'm sure someone is kicking around the live chat if you have any more questions. They always have some random special rolling so get in touch with them and see what you can work out, if you have any where close to my experience with them you truly wont be sorry you did.

RM99 
Austin, TX

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 124
Thanks Received: 704

There's a very lengthy and relevant thread with tons of great discussion on this very subject already out there. just have to search to find it.

nismo
Australia

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 3

Hi Sam, I will PM you but if anyone else has any input this is for automated trading and for forex only. I trade between 1 to 10 strategies.

Hi Juicec - is your recommendation MBT? You said 'you don't actually use MBT'.....

Hi RM99 if you are talking about this thread thats not about recommendations and is more about VPS's in general.

The reason I am asking for recommendations is because I'm currently using PhotonVPS who is recommened from MBT's website. At the end of the first month I noticed they hadnt licensed the server so I reported the issue to support and they said they will look into it and the next time I checked my vps they had closed Multicharts, maybe even rebooted the server and the problem wasnt even fixed! I followed up with them again and asked why they had closed my applications without warning and the only answer I got was 'the issue is no fixed' and when I checked again it was. If they need to close applications or reboot the server to fix the problem they should have notified me in advance.

Cheers,

syxforex 
British Columbia

Platform: NINJA
Broker: ZEN
Trading: Crude

Hi Sam,

Have been reading some of your posts regarding VPS. I'm looking to automate my executions however I am a discretionary trader. Can a discretionary trader interact with NT7 on the server remotely as if operating it on their local machine? This looks like a great idea for reducing slippage and eliminating disconnection risk.

Thanks

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 RM99 
Austin, TX

Well, one mistake I made was going with a windows server 2008 VPS.

Make sure whatever your server is, that it can run excel. I can't export data into excel from my VPS. I can still do it from my home machine, but it's just another obstacle to disconnect the VPS and then connect from my home machine and then go back.

"A dumb man never learns. A smart man learns from his own failure and success. But a wise man learns from the failure and success of others."
 traderwerks   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 436
Thanks Received: 465

What happens ? I export .csv data all the tome on Server 2008 ...

Math. A gateway drug to reality.
 RM99 
Austin, TX

traderwerks View Post
What happens ? I export .csv data all the tome on Server 2008 ...

With TS when I go to save a performance report, I can save it either as an .mht file or an .xls and in order to save as an .xls (which is easier for me to transfer the data/results into my own spreadsheets for further analysis) the server has to have excel. I've tried loading office/excel on 2008 and it's counfounded me.

"A dumb man never learns. A smart man learns from his own failure and success. But a wise man learns from the failure and success of others."

Last Updated on April 17, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts