NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Joel Parker's www.priceactionroom.com review

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 17 posts (27 thanks)
    2. looks_two 777n with 9 posts (23 thanks)
    3. looks_3 sysot1t with 8 posts (5 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 6 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one JohnBly with 3.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two 777n with 2.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Jigsaw Trading with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 ThatManFromTexas with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 58,606 views
    2. thumb_up 114 thanks given
    3. group 27 followers
    1. forum 87 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

Joel Parker's www.priceactionroom.com review

sands 
London + UK

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Proprietary Analytics
Broker: Multiple broker + Multiple feed
Trading: Currently European and US equities
Thanks Given: 257
Thanks Received: 234

Big Mike View Post
No, hundreds of vendors want to do webinars on futures.io (formerly BMT). My official stance is no, absolutely not. I have made exceptions only a few times, with a "not so great" track record that makes me not want to do it again for the most part.

Mike

Fair enough, I understand and that's one of the things I love is that the community doesn't have a promotional culture (I've certainly, as all of us seen some v bad vendors out there and am very cautious by default). I only ask seeing that you've done a number of vendor presentations previously in 2014 and see an upcoming vendor presentation (as per the webinar section - Optimus, VeloxPro, FuturePath, etc). I wanted to know more about the quality of education, as really the feedback in this thread wasn't clear enough for me to review (e.g., the topic of order flow analysis which my interest and certainly not a system).

Perhaps posed alternatively @Big Mike, would it be possible to have a presentation from an experienced member/trader on a practical approach to tape / order book reading (similar to what's been done on other topics historically here but focuses on this topic)? Note: On top of what is already posted on futures.io (formerly BMT) that I have seen and found informative.

Also given your reply, what kind of content can we expect in future webinars, non vendor only? or what kind of vendors? I'm interested because I don't want to to see promotion for promotion sake, e.g., I can look up brokers services and data services myself, what I'm looking for is educational materials on topics concerning relevant developments in the industry and innovation.

Sand.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
24 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,535

Those are fully vetted sponsors. Read the upcoming webinars thread for other webinars.

Sent from my LG Optimus G Pro

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

sands 
London + UK

Itchymoku View Post
I think the value really comes from the ability to verify that other people are making money with the system.

My two cents is that if you're really thinking about sinking the money into it, you should perhaps contact some of the people who've bought the system and see if they've been able to consistently make money through it's use. If all you see is good reviews and no ability to contact the users making the reviews it should be obvious what's going on. I've never bought a system but if I were interested that's probably what I'd do is see if others are really making money live. Just because the actual teacher is able to verify that they're making consistent making money doesn't mean that anyone is going to make money using their system if he doesn't have the ability to accurately articulate what he's doing so it's able to be replicated. So take that into account.

Take note I haven't read this thread or anything about this vendor, I just wanted to comment on this post because I had that thought about contact that might help.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

DT I'm on the floor watching this one lol

Thanks for the feedback @Itchymoku, it's very sound advice. Myself, I've never bought a system in my life and 100% not looking for a system. I very much believe that owns methodology should be on their own beliefs and research not following a light sent from heaven (as with most 'gurus'). If I wasn't clear my impetus is, that I'm just looking to find quality materials on order flow which is scarce out there.

As you've said you didn't read the full thread, I'd just add that for me the feedback didn't cover the materials +/- qualities subjectively for sufficient review of value but rather it did qualitatively. So I found myself still asking what is the product, never a premise I would spend money on personally.

I've probably spent more on futures.io (formerly BMT) membership than any tool in my history. Great advice on due diligence in itself. :-)

Sand.

Thanked by:
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,890
Thanks Received: 7,338

sands View Post
I'm thinking about purchasing from JP, however I've not found enough promotional materials to justify the price charged. The prime reason being a personal one, that I'm not one to just throw money at vendors unless they can justify value to me.

Many vendors will often promote their product saying that its worth x thousands of $'s however that's them saying it of course they'd say that, I think to JP's credit he doesn't do that. From my review of what I could find is that this vendor teaches an interesting topic and he knows his stuff.

However, personally though I feel the publicity and structure of what I'd be buying is not advertised well enough at this point. If I'm buying education or a product I need to see it and understand it in some way in advance. Clearly it's challenging to promote education as it's less tangible software - in that you're trying to sell a methodology as opposed to a tool, however I think you can do it as other vendors in this space have done with some success.

I think what's called for is futures.io (formerly BMT) webinar!! @Big Mike is this possible?

Sands -

Just go through this thread, and contact everyone who said they used the system via PM. See who responds, and what they say. Since this thread started 3 years ago, you might find many people are gone from futures.io (formerly BMT), which should tell you something - they may be out of trading, or they may have retired off the profits. In any event, the results of your PM survey should tell you a lot...

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

sands 
London + UK

kevinkdog View Post
Sands -

Just go through this thread, and contact everyone who said they used the system via PM. See who responds, and what they say. Since this thread started 3 years ago, you might find many people are gone from futures.io (formerly BMT), which should tell you something - they may be out of trading, or they may have retired off the profits. In any event, the results of your PM survey should tell you a lot...

Good advice as always Kevin. I think more of the former than the latter perhaps. The people I've spoken to already are mixed in their reviews, will take your advice and see what info I can dig up..

Also, I've decided to call the vendor directly and see what I can find out.

Thanks,

Sands.

Thanked by:

sands 
London + UK

A brief follow up.

I ended up not buying the materials discussed here. I'm generally not a fan of unspecific materials when trying to learn something new anyway and found far too many comments not only this specific vendor but that this topic generally was more an art than a science. But given this is how the big boys all do business it's something I felt deserved more of my time to educate myself on. So given my conclusions I decided to learn the subjects from scratch myself, and so far successfully.

There's an old saying 'learn by doing', its very true in my experience. I believe you get to quality understanding best by not trying to take short cuts.

my 2c.

Sands.

Thanked by:
 JohnBly 
San Anselmo, Calif.

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MC,Photon,CGQ,TS
Broker: IB, FuturePath,TS,CGQ
Trading: All futs, ES
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 10

I have taken Joel Parker's training in the past.

He truly advanced my understanding of the market and how to trade it using the Tape.

Thanked by:
 geth03 
Cologne+Germany

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Jigsaw Depth&Sales
Trading: ZN,ZB,ZF,UB,ES

anyone already making Money with Joel parkers tape reading methods?

i watched the T&S for a while now and i dont know

just numbers flashing by, different sizes up and down

Last Updated on June 30, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts