NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Joel Parker's www.priceactionroom.com review

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 17 posts (27 thanks)
    2. looks_two 777n with 9 posts (23 thanks)
    3. looks_3 sysot1t with 8 posts (5 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 6 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one JohnBly with 3.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two 777n with 2.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Jigsaw Trading with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 ThatManFromTexas with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 58,606 views
    2. thumb_up 114 thanks given
    3. group 27 followers
    1. forum 87 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

Joel Parker's www.priceactionroom.com review

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

If you have any experiences about Joel Parker's Welcome to the [AUTOLINK]Price Action[/AUTOLINK] Room, please share them. I'm considering asking Joel to do an educational webinar on futures.io (formerly BMT) about trading price action and always like to do my due diligence before inviting a vendor to participate.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

Here is a video snippet of his methodology. Again let me know your thoughts if you know of this guy or if you are a customer past/present.

Excerpt from [AUTOLINK]tape reading[/AUTOLINK] mini-mentorship - PriceActionRoom's library

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 tre436 
london, UK

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT7
Trading: TR909
Thanks Given: 41
Thanks Received: 36

Hi Mike - I took Joel's tape reading course and can vouch for his methodology and trading style. It is the only course i have taken so far and feel it was worth the cost.

A lot of traders out there have the skill and experience but are sorely lacking in their ability to communicate this. Joel can def. communicate effectively with very professional videos and is always available to chat if you have any direct questions.

From a tape reading perspective i was blindly going nowhere and his course put me on the right path, i cant say that i am 100% efficient but i have improved immensely with many more years to go to get to Joel's level (if ever).

Biggest thing i took away was the fact the most venders / sellers allude to the holy grail or dangle the dream of riches but Joel did not do this, he said it will take hard work, many months or years for some and some might not even make it as tape readers, a nice reality check.

researcher247 
Chicago, IL

Thanks Given: 289
Thanks Received: 773

Yea; um--still seems 'ephemeral' for most of us slobs.

I suspect that this 'tape reading' (HUGE FEES) works on a level for those with a math-orientated/objective mindset.

Not sure if after all the 'stuff' do you really have an edge--or is it just gut/feel/experience/intuition?

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

After all; in huge liquidity markets you are constantly trying to 'game' the other side; if not with order flow--with laggin indicators?

I notice futures.io (formerly BMT) forum members really like divergence and range bars--have not been able to get into that yet.

peace

r247

jrs659 
paige tx

Platform: ninja
Broker: used to be PFG
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 187
Thanks Received: 31

As a newbie,I am trying too find something that really will help me see the markets,so for the last few months,I have signed up for a lots of free webinars and free trials,or almost free trials(which a few yrs ago hardly anyone offered)
The more expensive rooms,seems to be getting cheaper and cheaper,but some of them are, buy this and then you need this.. etc...hmm

I know the free webinar I took from Joel,that he is a legit trader and teacher,but he is not giving anything away,,,his room and cd's(not cheap)...but saying that I have learned something from every webinar on futures.io (formerly BMT),and it seems like you get these guys to give out good info, and not just advertizing

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Looks interesting.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 Titan 
Texas

Platform: NT
Broker: zenfire
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 34
Thanks Received: 4

I purchased the November workshop and believe it was well worth it. Joel is a very effective communicator. He is of course knowledgeable on tape reading but offers great commentary on different markets. I'm still going over his material because it was a lot of information to digest. Just my 0.02.

Thanked by:

ThatManFromTexas 
Houston,Tx

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 1,206
Thanks Received: 4,348

Big Mike View Post
Here is a video snippet of his methodology. Again let me know your thoughts if you know of this guy or if you are a customer past/present.

Excerpt from [AUTOLINK]tape reading[/AUTOLINK] mini-mentorship - PriceActionRoom's library

Mike

@Big Mike

I do not personally subscribe to his methodology, but I really enjoyed the snippet.

Shakespeare said, " ...tis indeed a sick cook that will not lick her own fingers". I am always suspicious of anyone who teaches "the worlds greatest trading system ", but doesn't trade it himself. He says he trades every day and sounds believable.

Many people who have a trading room ,come off somewhere between Used Car Salesman and Strip Club DJ. He has good communication skills and sounds legit. It appears in the snippet that it was a live trade. That is a "+" in my book.

So, unless someone has derogatory information regarding him, I would say it would be a worthwhile webinar. IMHO

Regards,
TMFT

I'm just a simple man trading a simple plan.

My daddy always said, "Every day above ground is a good day!"

Trafford 
London, England

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: EUR
Thanks Given: 378
Thanks Received: 229

A key thing I have not heard is " I purchased the course, practiced what I learnt and made money from my investment."

I wonder why I have not heard that, is it that we are seeking the holy grail and attending courses attempts to fill that void that exits for most if not all traders. Also I am keen to know what specifically people learnt from a course they attended and how it helped their trading as comments received so far have been vague and lack real content about their experiences and how it has helped them in their trading. Am I alone in this?

Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 30, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts