NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Joel Parker's www.priceactionroom.com review

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 17 posts (27 thanks)
    2. looks_two 777n with 9 posts (23 thanks)
    3. looks_3 sysot1t with 8 posts (5 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 6 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one JohnBly with 3.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two 777n with 2.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Jigsaw Trading with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 ThatManFromTexas with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 58,606 views
    2. thumb_up 114 thanks given
    3. group 27 followers
    1. forum 87 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

Joel Parker's www.priceactionroom.com review

sysot1t 

I am more than fine with people disagreeing with me, heck, that is how we all learn... well, most of us anyhow.. and I agree 100% with you about the fact that we trade our views and that indis are to support those views... I do find it to be a pain that IRT/MD pushes out so many updates so often, but what I have found most of the time is that they are either to fix bug or add new features...they are certainly more focused on QA and correcting issues than NT7, but I think that is just an organizational and cultural thing for each company..

if I had my way I would be on CQGIC, but given they dont give the software away for free so that one can learn to use it, I find it hard to have to pay ~2K/month for 3-6 months until I learn completely a new piece of software..

to me that is the main advantage of why so many people use NT7... damn thing is free..

Trafford View Post
You are correct in most what you say and it is hard to disagree with you, not to say that I am looking to do so. I agree NT is a bit flaky, for sure, although it has been okay for a while – touch wood! IRT/MD do have their moments though and are prone to a few hiccups and lots of software updates. I do like MD and was user since 2007, and IRT only recently. The support element is very good with both and much better than NT, Trevor at MD and Chad at IRT but I have found a set of tools and indicators that I can relate to however I only ever trade with them based on market structure and understanding without that I do not even look at indicators. I only look at my indicators to confirm what I see. My edge is in the understanding of the structure of the market place and only then can I look for opportunities. As Van Tharp said “you are only trading your beliefs at the end of the day.”
Victory is in the preparation

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

sysot1t View Post
hence why I would basically set my size on the MD/IRT filter and have another one show me... I read your documentation and you do it the same way....

I did find the delta column interesting...

Best thing to do - set them side by side during the US open - you will see the difference.

The two are not the same, if they were, I'd be an IRT user right now!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 sysot1t 

DionysusToast View Post
Best thing to do - set them side by side during the US open - you will see the difference.

The two are not the same, if they were, I'd be an IRT user right now!

never said they were the same... am still playing with the manual.. will do the comparison next week as time permits...

to a mod... please create a new thread for the T&S discussion and move related comments to there... thanks!

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

sysot1t View Post
never said they were the same... am still playing with the manual.. will do the comparison next week as time permits...

to a mod... please create a new thread for the T&S discussion and move related comments to there... thanks!

OK - my mistake. In my defence - it is a bit of a shock that someone is actually reading the manual.

One of the users emailed me and said "you know, it'd be cool if you could do xxxxxxx with it".

I had to email him back explaining it did that & was in the manual...

Mind you - I'm the same if I'm honest about it...

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
billbdc
Templeton, CA

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 5

I have enjoyed the courses I have taken by Joel. It certainly takes and will take a bit longer to gain any mastery of reading the Tape but I look forward to utilizing it as a confirmation to entering a trade.

I thoroughly enjoy Joel, his style, and his honesty in explaining his view of the markets and trading.

Thanked by:
 JohnBly 
San Anselmo, Calif.

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MC,Photon,CGQ,TS
Broker: IB, FuturePath,TS,CGQ
Trading: All futs, ES
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 10

777n View Post
I have a challenge. Find one person, just one person that will post he or she feels like his training was worth the fees he or she paid and he or she learned anything he didn't already know. Find one person that isn't connected to you and Joel. I also challenge you to find anyone that benefited or, felt like what they paid FuturesTrader71 was of any value.

I bet you won't find anyone.

It's a shame there is so much of this B.S. out there.

Yes it truly IS shame there is "so much of this B.S. out there" and this poster is generating way more than his fair share.

He just lost his challange too.

I bought Joel's training package in May and did the live week-long training.

Poster says Joel didn't live trade, just talked.
Well, the training was about training, not about watching Joel trade. We were not there to watch Joel trade, but to have him teach us what he knows about tape-reading. So the poster's complaint that Joel didn't live trade is rather strange. In fact early-on in the training Joel specifically asked the group if we wanted him to live trade because he knows some people like that, or go over applying tape-reading to specific setups, and the group chose the latter. We chose to NOT have Joel live trade, but instead teach us how to apply tape-reading to the setups each of us already uses in our own trading. If the poster was there than he already knows this, so what could be his motive for complaining about it?

In my case I was able to ask him to go over how he would use tape-reading in certain reversal situations I trade. He went over that in great detail, in real time, and went back and forth with me in the front of group answering every question and nuance I had. Vastly more valuable to me than merely watching Joel take his own trades.

If you go to trainer to learn to box, do you want to stand there and watch the trainer box?
Or do want the trainer to connect with you and your needs, communicate with you and actually train you to box?

To say that Joel "just talks" is to fail to understand what it takes to actually educate someone. A teacher has to able to converse with the student effectively in a back and forth manner, not just lay some magic technique on and see ya later.

I found Joel to be an excellent teacher and got way more than my money's worth.

To boil down what I have learned from Joel so far: How to apply tape-reading to the setups I already use to filter out some of the losers. For short-term trading, watching the tape can help avoid stepping into the market if the order flow is not favorable. I think we all know what skipping a loser here and there does to one's bottom line.

I look forward to my continued training with Joel Parker.

gcabrera 
Santa Tecla, La Libertad/El Salvador

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ninja trader CQG
Broker: AMP FUTURES
Trading: EMINIS, 6E
Thanks Given: 11
Thanks Received: 13

I attended Joel tape reading workshop on November 2010 and there he showed us the indicator that TD was making to reconstruct the tape. When he let us know that TD was going to have it available on May and showed us how it was going to work, I purchased the total package with the reconstructed tape.

If you have the videos, you can hear my name ... Gerardo.

Initially, I was looking for help on tape reading after wasting a lot of time on indicators and mentors that really costed me much more than Joel´s package and TD indicator.

I learned a lot with Joel in the first workshop and continued to learn during the live training. Yes, I can say I would have liked to see live trades (and I remember he took one on 6E I guess just to show us his points), but understood that he needed to explain many people there.

The package not only includes the workshops and trainning, but also videos on how to handle fear and how to make a trading plan, which for are very good ones.

I felt I got a lot more that just tape reading, a lot more. I even paid for some indicators based on actual bid and ask transactions that were my holy grail before I understood the unbundling of the big orders and the bot and HFT working to hide their big orders.... I am sorry to say that those indicators are not in my charts anymore after I saw reconstructed tape working.... felt sad to let them go ... but they were not telling me what I needed to hear.

I take the time to thank TD for making these outstanding indicators here.

If you feel you did not get what you expected... Tell Joel and tell us what he told you.

I think he trades live and big size... but that is not important to me. It is important that he cleared a lot of the fog the I had in front and that I am patiently applying to my trading style what he tought us... using TD help there.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
billbdc
Templeton, CA

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 5

thank you Gerardo
Good to put an email with a name.

I agree with what Gerardo has said. While I would have like to have seen more live trades I appreciate that Joel's preferred set ups were in large part not there. He likes reversals off of the high or low.

When I contacted Joel prior to the training he was kind enough to offer me a couple of options in taking part in and purchasing the necessary information.

gcabrera 
Santa Tecla, La Libertad/El Salvador

Platform: ninja trader CQG
Broker: AMP FUTURES
Trading: EMINIS, 6E
Thanks Given: 11
Thanks Received: 13

Big Mike View Post
Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

Mike

Mike: Joel´s webpage is named priceaction room... but mainly what he teaches is Order flow and times and sales interpretation, using the reconstructed tape indicator.

Last Updated on June 30, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts