NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

ninjaindicators4u looks interesting

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Cloudy with 11 posts (6 thanks)
    2. looks_two jayminho with 8 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 dnkhoward2 with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 cory with 1 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Cloudy with 0.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 dnkhoward2 with 0.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 jayminho with 0.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 11,534 views
    2. thumb_up 10 thanks given
    3. group 11 followers
    1. forum 26 posts
    2. attach_file 4 attachments

Search this Thread

ninjaindicators4u looks interesting

jayminho 
hell de janeiro

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninjatrader
Broker: mirus + zenfire
Trading: guitar
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 22

Cloudy View Post
Yes, I would agree that with this thread's 1000+ views, TT is probably getting a lot more attention these past few weeks. I find it surprising you're still using the TT indicators primarily after one year? So your goal is going for a scalp point or so at a time? Yes, the genius nailed those max highs and lows pretty good, lol.

mainly using for this divergence entry method, and yes, i only go for a point/or the number of ticks corresponding to the renko bar

Sorry I don't quite believe in the "synergy" of indicators anymore. It kind of reminds me of Doc Barry Burns and his "topdogtrading.com" course where he has five "energies"(indicators like stoch and macd) and to look for synergy. It's what a brand new daytrader student is told to look for if he starts out using an indicator system or for dupes like me who fall for a vendor set of indicators again.

ohh.. dont worry, you dont have to apologize at all. im not into this synergy thing either. (acctually, i do believe in synergy, but in a more scientific way

I've already bought the TT indicators and the sold dream of nailing exactly top and bottom and of a 3-5 pt trend based on an indicator set. It's the price I pay for my stupidity and gullibility. So what I'll do now is drop the DMIDiff, TriangleTrend101, Binary Oscillator, BBBDIffOsc, from my charts and keep RWO and SwingCycleVB. Since I had stopped using stochastics for a long while, I'll use SwingCycleVB. And use RWO for divergence picking. If it doesn't prove any better than my modified macd, I'll drop it too along with the others in my junkstore secondary drive.

gotta give it a try this whole "making a lot of points/ticks" ive been there, and it screwed me big time. now a days i set a daily goal, go for it, done, close computer (ok, i dont close, but close ninjatrader, lol) and thats it. go do something else, this might sound uber-cliche, but truth is, very few people manage to do it. trading sucks you down, consumes every single spot of energy from you, it looks like that dementor from harry potter (hahaha, not sure if you ever watched harry potter, but if you did, you know what im talking about) - so its very dangerous. trading is a f** cocaine, you want more, more, more.. no way!

Here we go. First you can see the SwingCycleVB not overlayed with price. It looks like two oscillators crossing each other. Hardly a novel idea. Then I overlayed two stochastics and fiddled with the settings to approximate the SwingCycleVB in 10 minutes. Maybe some weighting or other settings will make it exact. Then one could code color changes whenever a bollinger band "squeeze" occurs or some other logic to change colors on the oscillators. (macdBB's code probably can be modified to do just that) Which has been commonly seen on MA's which change color. And here we have it. Someone else could probably do much better. Notice the stochastics cross each other fairly close to the SwingCycleVB crossing intersections. And now you've got a cycle cross which you can also overlay on the price chart to help make entry and exit decisions. Have fun.

pretty amazing what you did with the stochastics, i took note of your inputs and will sure try.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 Cloudy 
desert CA

Platform: NT7, various
Broker: various, TDA
Trading: NQ,ES
Thanks Given: 2,396
Thanks Received: 1,748

I would agree I'm hooked on it. A more refined form of slot machine addiction. I'm looking at other ways now to try to score swing trades. I know what you mean about closing down NT to stop myself from trading anymore Thanks for the praise about the stochastics. To be honest, it wasn't too involved. What clued me in was during the instructional tt webinar, he mentioned the limitations of stochastics at the boundaries while introducing SwingCycleVB. So I tried to make a couple of stochastics look like it. Then lo and behold, it looks very similar and would seem to confirm that SwingCycleVB at it's core is simply a couple of stochastics. Maybe one day I'll attempt to implement the down/up/neutral colors on the SwingCylce-like stochastic and the BB squeeze colorchange on the VB-like stochastic. Here it is again. I want people to see it then compare what's offered in swingcycleVB for purchasing it.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	swingcyles.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	63987  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 Cloudy 
desert CA

The ninjaindicators4u guy emailed me notification of an updated indicator, of course a separate fee "upgrade".
Just posting for "completeness" of this review thread.

""
As you know, cycles are measured from top to top or bottom to bottom. This measurement is the dominant cycle length of the equity. By dividing this number in half, you get the length of the cycle from the bottom to the top and from the top to the bottom of each cycle. By entering that number into the DCLen input of the SwingCycle VB indicator, you can greatly increase the accuracy of the indicator. Another way to put it is that this is a way to optimize the SwingCycle VB indicator.

Please click on the link below to view a video of the CycleFinder.
https://www.ninjaindicators4u.com/CycleFinder.mp4

This CycleFinder is not part of the Triangle Trend package of indicators and is sold separately.
""

(batteries not included and is sold separately )

dnkhoward2 
Dover, Fl

Platform: NinjaTrader 8, Oanda
Trading: YM, Currencies
Thanks Given: 864
Thanks Received: 167

Hi @Cloudy,
How did you create the stochastics? Did you use 2 seperate stochastics? The 1st setting for the k line and the 2nd setting for d line?
Thanks alot

Cloudy 
desert CA

Hi, yes I believe so. On one stochastics the K curve was made transparent, while the other stochastic omitted the D curve. The numerical settings for each of the 2 stochastics, are shown in the old .jpg ; Sorry, but I'm not in the mood to dig out my old copy of the SwingCycleVB after being disgusted and embarrassed with myself for falling for the set of indicators.

Thanked by:
 dnkhoward2 
Dover, Fl

Platform: NinjaTrader 8, Oanda
Trading: YM, Currencies
Thanks Given: 864
Thanks Received: 167

Thanks @Cloudy. Maybe this will make you feel a little better knowing that other people do it too.

I had been trading options for four years and time decay kept kicking my butt so I switched to futures in Jan of this year. I knew I needed to get better at staying with the trend, so I did a little digging and found some trading system designed to help me stay in longer. $3400 later I am not using them at all. I am using my same system with some tweaked indicators from here.

But wait it gets better. I have been wanting to learn order flow for a while so I did my homework ( not well enough though) and found a guy that said he could teach me. The course was 5k and I put 2k down and would pay the rest later. It only took a couple days to a week to find out he wouldn't be teaching that at all. just some fib stuff and some indicators I didn't need.

I am no means a noobie trader but I have made some stupid decisions like that this year.

Have a great day and thanks for replying

Thanked by:
 Cloudy 
desert CA

Thanks dnkhoward2 for sharing. I appreciate the consolation thoughts. Sorry you had those experiences with
dubious vendors too.

A few more notes about ninjaindicators4u which I hope is not overdoing the review. I initially got fooled
into thinking the guy's videos were true as he was making > 4 points on the ES daily according to his recap.
After trying it out and being frustrated I contacted him. He replied that his recap goes over the "best trade of the day" and not necessarily going over losers which proved my suspicions I'd been had because he never showed any losers, and as usual no money management or how far to hold out on a trend etc. According to his background info
shared on the site, he was a former MD, and obviously he's elderly sounding from the videos so the only
sympathetic understanding I had was that maybe he's truly financially desperate at this point in his life to constantly
make outrageous claims in his daily videos with the TT indicators (https://www.ninjaindicators4u.com) , and that he must have helped people in his former career and life. So I just left it at that but in any case, I've tried to warn others through this review thread. Plus it's stated on the site there is no refund.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on August 8, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts