NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Ray's anti counter trend trading journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Rayzor with 10 posts (14 thanks)
    2. looks_two sidney7g with 7 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bluemele with 2 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Jigsaw Trading with 2 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one cbritton with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Rayzor with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bluemele with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 sidney7g with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 6,304 views
    2. thumb_up 25 thanks given
    3. group 4 followers
    1. forum 24 posts
    2. attach_file 8 attachments

Search this Thread

Ray's anti counter trend trading journal

sidney7g
Philadelphia

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 26

yeah ross hook is a pretty nice indicator, I wish they had it for the OEC platform.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
sidney7g
Philadelphia

Hows your trading going? Did any of the aforementioned strategies help in sim.?

Thanked by:
 Rayzor 
Coloado

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: AMP, OEC, CQG
Trading: NQ

sidney7g View Post
Hows your trading going? Did any of the aforementioned strategies help in sim.?

Yeah Sid, thanks for asking. I am still using my same entry w/ the buy/sell market orders and my stop remains @ 12 cents. The big difference is that I am shooting for 15 cent profit targets. It will take me a little while to get used to sitting in my trades for more than 5 seconds, but I feel it will be worth it. The new targets have actually made trading a little less stressful in that I know my method is high probobility and that winners will at least outweigh the losers. For example, yesterday, live, I took my first trade for the full rip of 15 cents, it was easier to take the second trade because I knew that even if it was a loser I would still be up 2 cents after comissions. I avoided the whole expectancy thing until I realized that I was never going to survive the way I was doing things. I had more winners when I was scalping, but for every loser I would need 2.5 winners. It wasn't until I got stomped 2 days in a row that I realized I was repeating the ugly circle: #1 learn method, spend a ton o' time with it, #2 trade it and do OK, #3 start losing and move to the next thing. ALL my failed methods have one thing in common: tiny profit targets at least (if nit more) than my profit target.

It's amazing how long it takes to figure this stuff out. My real problem had always been sitting in trades for more than 30 seconds; I needed to learn how to be uncomfortable. I figure if I was going to box Mike Tyson (I beat him up every weekend ) I would need to learn to take some punches.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
sidney7g
Philadelphia

It's nice to go back over this thread Now that I am using Renko bars. Trend trading is most beneficial because you're in the direction if the thing takes off. However, it still helps to use my old methodology of knowing when a trend will pull back as to where to take profit when it stalls / hits another peak point.

sidney7g
Philadelphia

Another thing I realized with trading trending systems on renko is not to trade Against the trend on a 4 tick renko chart
unless you get a good signal from the 8 tick or higher renko chart. However, if you are trading a signal on the 8 tick renko chart, a signal should also appear on the 4 tick renko chart as-well. Its like a hierarchy i suppose you could say. What i use for a signal is an EMA and or linreg. I am still configuring my system with different indicators / settings to get it just right without too many signals.

Last Updated on September 12, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts