NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Tape is my shape (tape reading, time and sales)

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bloom with 463 posts (571 thanks)
    2. looks_two pbylina with 193 posts (70 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Jigsaw Trading with 108 posts (183 thanks)
    4. looks_4 snusnufreak with 96 posts (48 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 1.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bloom with 1.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 snusnufreak with 0.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 pbylina with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 819,613 views
    2. thumb_up 1,142 thanks given
    3. group 265 followers
    1. forum 1,378 posts
    2. attach_file 287 attachments

Search this Thread

Tape is my shape (tape reading, time and sales)

bloom
Russia

Thanks Given: 47
Thanks Received: 591

bloom View Post
A good trend is prints and BID and ASK. If you see only the green printing, then you tighten our belts and pull the stop closer. Protect yourself sir!

The same is true for the trend down. Need fuel, which will move the stop loss price. New sellers strike a bid, putting the asc. Have you seen this? In this situation it was necessary to pull closer stop. Hey man. Forget about one BIG megaprofit, 140 bucks cool. I'll give my tooth))) You're greedy. Entry in as I see just crazy cool. You're still not happy))) Michael Jordan would explode from the envy of your accuracy.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
 pbylina 
Chicago, IL

Experience: None
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Euro
Thanks Given: 158
Thanks Received: 72

bloom View Post
The same is true for the trend down. Need fuel, which will move the stop loss price. New sellers strike a bid, putting the asc. Have you seen this? In this situation it was necessary to pull closer stop. Hey man. Forget about one BIG megaprofit, 140 bucks cool. I'll give my tooth))) You're greedy. Entry in as I see just crazy cool. You're still not happy))) Michael Jordan would explode from the envy of your accuracy.

Not greedy. I just want to have a good understanding. 100 a day is fine. I Know. Sorry.

bloom
Russia

pbylina View Post
Not greedy. Just want to know when to exit. I no when to enter. Sorry.

You just enter the market as a sniper. Heeeeeeeey. You should be like that )))) Cmon. You did very important thing.

Thanked by:
 pbylina 
Chicago, IL

bloom View Post
You just enter the market as a sniper. Heeeeeeeey. You should be like that )))) Cmon. You did very important thing.

Lol. I just want to work for my self. That is my goal. Not to be rich.

pbylina 
Chicago, IL

bloom View Post
Prints on bid-it limits the buyer and the seller simultaneously aggression. Ideally, you should stay until there is a seller and he is aggressive. And when there are big to enter limit orders))))
I wrote that in many situations prints mean different things. Think more. This is not a mechanical trading

Google translator is not the best translator.

bloom
Russia

pbylina View Post
Google translator is not the best translator.

Give me some time. I m already reach a level of my 1st class english than i was able to speak free on it))) This message i wrote myself without translator

Thanked by:
 pbylina 
Chicago, IL

bloom View Post
New sellers strike a bid, putting the asc. Have you seen this?

I dont understand what you mean...

pbylina 
Chicago, IL

bloom View Post
Give me some time. I m already reach a level of my 1st class english than i was able to speak free on it))) This message i wrote myself without translator

Yes. Much better than google.

Bermudan Option 
Chicago, Illinois
1% better Daily

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradingView
Broker: ThinkOrSwim
Trading: Forex, Stock & Options
Thanks Given: 838
Thanks Received: 471

bloom View Post
Agreed. My view is that you're talking about part of the picture. But who will describe the whole picture))) Not enough time. There are 2 party.
The first charges a posture for a long time, charges on fundamental analysis and insider information. That they are smart money, which accumulate Long or short against public places, or in moments where the audience provides liquidity. In general, according to CFTC Commitment of traders,in the market are 3 groups. Hedge funds, funds of the model, the audience. You may be surprised that the main suppliers of liquidity to hedge funds, funds are model. This is the reality of the market.
The audience is 80% of the course.
I digress. So. Smart Money accumulate positions or place there actions in locations with the highest liquidity. This is big money in the long term. And this is the first group of traders on the nature of the work.
The second group. Scalpers.
This we call them sharks. they cut you, they trade against small groups of traders. Their goal is you. you talk about them.
If the first group enters the market only in places where the liquidity is sufficient for them and their positions. The second is looking for a good opportunity to enter against the weak or weak hands of traders.
To make quality trades, we must keep in mind many factors. Those which are right now, our speech, just a few.
And all these groups are united by one thing. They are more informed. You surely have noticed many of the details. And the fact that for example you can see the rally, it is the effect of the entrance of big money. They wait until the dust settles, the price will come back and start again to make its case.

Oh okay, The language barrier makes things harder but I believe we agree

I just finished reading some Humphrey B. Neill and his theory seems the most logical to me so far.

He stated that there are three types of participants in the market:

A) Investors seeking income: Insurance Companies, Trusts, Industrial Corporations, etc
B) Business Speculators: Trading corporations, Amateur Speculators and the brokerages who execute trades for them
C) Professional Speculators: Floor Traders, Market Makers, Professional Traders, Intelligent Speculators

Group A are buy and hold investors. They make a few purchases a year at max and so they trade too infrequently to factor into a trading analysis
Group B trades, but often look for a quick buck and are uninformed in general. They are known as the the public/herd/sheep
Group C trades for a living. They have access to large amounts of capital. They are well-versed in trading, they have resources that most traders do not possess and access to more information than the average trader.

Group A falls into the first group you listed in your description: they make a purchase and then wait
Group B is clearly not smart money.
Group C has both the first group and the 2nd group in your description. They can scalp, they can buy and hold, they can do whatever they please.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

bloom View Post

Congrats! Keep it up Bloom - you are doing fine.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on November 11, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts