NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Tape is my shape (tape reading, time and sales)

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bloom with 463 posts (571 thanks)
    2. looks_two pbylina with 193 posts (70 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Jigsaw Trading with 108 posts (183 thanks)
    4. looks_4 snusnufreak with 96 posts (48 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 1.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bloom with 1.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 snusnufreak with 0.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 pbylina with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 819,613 views
    2. thumb_up 1,142 thanks given
    3. group 265 followers
    1. forum 1,378 posts
    2. attach_file 287 attachments

Tape is my shape (tape reading, time and sales)

canunit
Buchach and Ternopol state

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 3

I payd money to bloom to learn tape reading. Despite all the time and money I spent on it I didn't get any result. IMHO, the aim of this thread was to make money selling it to the others. Now I regret paying for it.
It's not possible to make any profit with tape and DOM. I know some guys who make good profit trading with volume clusters and they don't pay any attention to T&S.
He showed us a few of his best trades and all the guys believed that he's a really good trader. Without broker's statistics of the guru I don't buy any courses. A few profitable trades don't show whether the systems works.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

Fluid Fox 
Bangor, Maine
Legendary Retail Failure

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Trading: MNQ
Thanks Given: 2,968
Thanks Received: 2,711

canunit View Post
I payd money to bloom to learn tape reading. Despite all the time and money I spent on it I didn't get any result. IMHO, the aim of this thread was to make money selling it to the others. Now I regret paying for it.
It's not possible to make any profit with tape and DOM. I know some guys who make good profit trading with volume clusters and they don't pay any attention to T&S.
He showed us a few of his best trades and all the guys believed that he's a really good trader. Without broker's statistics of the guru I don't buy any courses. A few profitable trades don't show whether the systems works.

I follow a guy who uses the tape, the DOM, and volume profile to make his living (twitter). He uses market profile with it, and spends 60+ hours a week looking at charts, or doing anything trading-related because it's his career.

It's totally possible. Why isn't it working for you?

By the way, I think of the tape as supplementary to execution, and the DOM for possibly knowing where size is. Add up all of these tools (VP, MP, VWAP, stats) and you're that much closer to an edge.. I couldn't imagine using the tape exclusively though.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Swishy27 
Orlando, FL

Platform: Sierra Chart, BookMap
Trading: ES, NQ,YM, ZB, ZN
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 108
Thanks Received: 88

@Zachary Standley,

Who do you follow on Twitter?

Zachary Standley View Post
I follow a guy who uses the tape, the DOM, and volume profile to make his living (twitter). He uses market profile with it, and spends 60+ hours a week looking at charts, or doing anything trading-related because it's his career.

It's totally possible. Why isn't it working for you?

By the way, I think of the tape as supplementary to execution, and the DOM for possibly knowing where size is. Add up all of these tools (VP, MP, VWAP, stats) and you're that much closer to an edge.. I couldn't imagine using the tape exclusively though.

bzakari
paris france

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 0

canunit View Post

Hi Canunit, how long have you been used the T&S ? I think you are looking for very fast result.
I do myself have not the result that i want yet, but still believe that wathcing t&s + dom is a good part of the puzzle.
Instead of blaming him you should talk with him and discuss your weakness.
I followed this thread a bit, maybe i am wrong but it looked like bloom was here to share, and he did, he also said one at the beggining of this thread that he is been using the t&s for one year and a help.
Just my thought maybe i am wrong but hard work is really needed in this profession.
Take care

easyjet
Ljubljana

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 2

hi
I `ve said once that you must understand what is happening and the tape `ll work.
And must know what you are lookin for in it.

canunit
Buchach and Ternopol state

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 3

bzakari View Post
Hi Canunit, how long have you been used the T&S ? I think you are looking for very fast result.
I do myself have not the result that i want yet, but still believe that wathcing t&s + dom is a good part of the puzzle.
Instead of blaming him you should talk with him and discuss your weakness.
I followed this thread a bit, maybe i am wrong but it looked like bloom was here to share, and he did, he also said one at the beggining of this thread that he is been using the t&s for one year and a help.
Just my thought maybe i am wrong but hard work is really needed in this profession.
Take care

Cause he made a fool of me telling me to go long on the high of the range and go short on the low of the range. What a fool i was then. Now at last I got what I need without his "course". My money was spent on reading all the shit he wrote to me
But lets ask another his students to show their results. He started this thread with the only one mission - to make money teaching (I'd rather say fooling the others)

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 580

T & S can only tell you if there is a temporary order flow imbalance. most of the time your looking for the order book to flip at a key reverence point . it is not just the imbalance of orders that matter , its the speed of execution of the orders be for the book flips and after it flips . the speed of the orders needs to be slowing down going into the reference point then boom , the orders start hitting the bid or ask like pop corn popping .

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

itradees
moscow

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

JUST A HEADS UP FOR ANYONE TAKING TRADING ADVISE OR PAYING "BLOOM" TO TRAIN THEM . HE HAS NEVER MADE A CENT TRADING NOR DOES HE KNOW HOW TO TRADE SO PLEASE DONT GET SCAMMED !!!

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,341
Thanks Received: 26,267

itradees View Post
JUST A HEADS UP FOR ANYONE TAKING TRADING ADVISE OR PAYING "BLOOM" TO TRAIN THEM . HE HAS NEVER MADE A CENT TRADING NOR DOES HE KNOW HOW TO TRADE SO PLEASE DONT GET SCAMMED !!!

Please stop typing in all caps. It is regarded as rude, and it doesn't make your point any better.

Thanks.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote

Last Updated on November 11, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts