NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Lance Begg vs Al Brooks

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Lornz with 6 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two forrestang with 5 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Zwaen with 4 posts (11 thanks)
    4. looks_4 monpere with 4 posts (7 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one trader1512 with 8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two lsubeano with 4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Zwaen with 2.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 monpere with 1.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 47,168 views
    2. thumb_up 39 thanks given
    3. group 18 followers
    1. forum 33 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Lance Begg vs Al Brooks

Zwaen 
Netherlands, Blaricum

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Excel, Python, R
Broker: IB
Trading: Options
Thanks Given: 848
Thanks Received: 238

Hey zcui,

I don't think that will be a problem. The point is, Lance shows the concepts which always work in the market. He also ofcourse states that it is the market structure which can make it work.

Take for example a Pullback. You can call it a pullback, a Ross Hook via TTE, a retracement, hidden divergence, a H2 or several other names. The point is that the market has a bias to either the bulls or the bears, and you have to look for a weak push from the countertrend traders and enter at the point where they will put their stoplosses.
What you have to do is analyse charts of your preferred market, and look which pullbacks work, and which pullbacks don't work. For example, a pullback which has candles in decreasing length, or doji's in the leg, or tails on the candles in your desired direction shows weakness of the countertrend traders. Offcourse beware if the trend is getting " old" ( 3d push) or is looking to strong SR.
So the concepts will work, finding weakness in the countertrend leg, but the way it materialises in your chart will vary across marktets and across time. For example Ross states taking pullbacks to the RH via TTE only on the 1,2,of 3th candle of the pullback. This rule has worked for him in his market, at that time, but will change over time and markets. I think you have to trade the concepts, and find your own rules.
So everyone wil have to analyse it for the market they like to trade, and that is the only way you will get confidence in your setups, through your own research.( imho)

One of my worst enemies are my own false assumptions

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
33 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
11 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks

lsubeano 
hollywood

Platform: thinkorswim
Broker: TD
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 65
Thanks Received: 165

I've read both and enjoy each. not a fan of brooks new book. The basics are the same, but beggs is easier to read. Trapped traders and fading weakness. Markets have to move from areas of "support" to areas of "resistsnce" because all the orders are there....

Is trading really so difficult? nooooope...
Are the psychological barriers in trading next to impossible?yuuuup.

Honestly, I'm convinced if a beginner follows beggs book to a T and really takes the time to visualize the market from other traders pov, he/she could be consistent in 1-2yrs.

also...might as well give joe ross a plug.....if someone studies with joe his/her curve will be reduced as well.

bottom line---learn how and why markets move and know where the orders are....

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

tradethetick 
Irvine, CA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Adv/TT
Trading: CL, GC, TF
Thanks Given: 42
Thanks Received: 374

lsubeano View Post
I've read both and enjoy each. not a fan of brooks new book. The basics are the same, but beggs is easier to read. Trapped traders and fading weakness. Markets have to move from areas of "support" to areas of "resistsnce" because all the orders are there....

Is trading really so difficult? nooooope...
Are the psychological barriers in trading next to impossible?yuuuup.

Honestly, I'm convinced if a beginner follows beggs book to a T and really takes the time to visualize the market from other traders pov, he/she could be consistent in 1-2yrs.

also...might as well give joe ross a plug.....if someone studies with joe his/her curve will be reduced as well.

bottom line---learn how and why markets move and know where the orders are....

Isubeano,

Does Joe Ross and Al Brooks teach similarly methods?

Thanked by:

lsubeano 
hollywood

Platform: thinkorswim
Broker: TD
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 65
Thanks Received: 165

tradethetick View Post
Isubeano,

Does Joe Ross and Al Brooks teach similarly methods?

Yes and no....but more importantly, they compliment each other. Joe is a fantastic teacher, and
a lot of his teachings are free...his chart scan, spead, options scan emailz are all free....

I'd buy joe's trading the emini and then take a 'tte' webinar.....that's all you literally need to trade profitably.

hope that helps.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Last Updated on January 9, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts