NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Doubling the money with a certain amount of trades ?

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Delta_Panther with 7 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two MetalTrade with 3 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ticker with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    1. trending_up 3,055 views
    2. thumb_up 3 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 11 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Doubling the money with a certain amount of trades ?

Delta_Panther 
Switzerland

Hi

I just heard that from a trader : To double your money in 40 trades is scientific!

It seems to be a money management game. Take a trade, which you have a 50% chance to loose or win.

It has to be done with 40 trades. At the moment you earn, you double your risk. So, in between 40 trades you double your money.

Any body here which traveled this road ?

Delta_Panther

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout

MetalTrade 

The problem is that when most people enter a trade, I exit a trade, so you are always a step behind.

Delta_Panther 
Switzerland

MetalTrade View Post
The problem is that when most people enter a trade, I exit a trade, so you are always a step behind.

I did not ask about any entry and exit strategy

MetalTrade 

Delta_Panther View Post
I did not ask about any entry and exit strategy

I wanted to say that you need to have an edge to enter the market, or you will not have 50% chance of losing/winning, it will be more like 30% chance to win and %70 chance to loose

Here's the thing, I trade size, and the bigger the size is, the sooner i exit a losing trade, and the sooner I take a profit.

So go big and you will exit too soon on both sides :-)

but you could be better than me of course and pull it off

ticker 
Houston TX

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 63
Thanks Received: 9

Delta_Panther View Post
Hi

I just heard that from a trader : To double your money in 40 trades is scientific!

It seems to be a money management game. Take a trade, which you have a 50% chance to loose or win.

It has to be done with 40 trades. At the moment you earn, you double your risk. So, in between 40 trades you double your money.

Any body here which traveled this road ?

Delta_Panther

What do you mean by "at the moment you earn" ? Moment you earn how much? 1 tick, 1 point, 10 points? Very vague strategy, and also assumes unlimited funds are available.

Thanked by:
 Delta_Panther 
Switzerland

MetalTrade View Post

I wanted to say that you need to have an edge to enter the market, or you will not have 50% chance of losing/winning, it will be more like 30% chance to win and %70 chance to loose

Here's the thing, I trade size, and the bigger the size is, the sooner i exit a losing trade, and the sooner I take a profit.

So go big and you will exit too soon on both sides :-)

but you could be better than me of course and pull it off

Ok, size and having the edge to enter the market with good odds are the weak points in the story, if traded the way I explained it in the first post.

Did I understand that the right way, as I am not a native English speaker ?

Delta_Panther 
Switzerland

ticker View Post
What do you mean by "at the moment you earn" ? Moment you earn how much? 1 tick, 1 point, 10 points? Very vague strategy, and also assumes unlimited funds are available.

At the moment, I only have vague informations as about how much he has on funds, how much risk he is taking on any trade and how small or big his stop losses are.

Funds, I guess are around 100'000 $ and I am not told in details about his strategy. I was more interested about the real possibility of the whole story and you already point me in different direction to see behind it. So far : Thank you !!

Delta_Panther 
Switzerland

Ok, I got some more informations from the guy. It is like bandwuermer pulling out of his nose .
Risk seems to be 2 % and at least 25 points in some not named market. No big indicators. Only volume, price and some kind of MA.

What do you think about it ?

MetalTrade 

Delta_Panther View Post
Ok, I got some more informations from the guy. It is like bandwuermer pulling out of his nose .
Risk seems to be 2 % and at least 25 points in some not named market. No big indicators. Only volume, price and some kind of MA.

What do you think about it ?

No

Last Updated on May 27, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts