NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trade Point Technologies

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one cunparis with 28 posts (7 thanks)
    2. looks_two RJay with 15 posts (9 thanks)
    3. looks_3 DavidHP with 11 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 paps with 10 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Silvester17 with 4.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Pepperdog with 4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 RJay with 0.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 cunparis with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 51,410 views
    2. thumb_up 44 thanks given
    3. group 18 followers
    1. forum 92 posts
    2. attach_file 32 attachments

Search this Thread

Trade Point Technologies

cory 
virginia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

Trade Intensity - Page 11

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

cunparis 
Paris, France

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Market Delta & Ninjatrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,162
Thanks Received: 2,093

I'm going to check it out on Monday. I'm curious if you guys are interested in the GomEffortResult & GomDeltaVolume? I think they look interesting as well. I searched for them but didn't find anything.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 Blz17 
Seattle

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader Interactive Brokers
Trading: 6B
Thanks Given: 135
Thanks Received: 270

cunparis View Post
I'm going to check it out on Monday. I'm curious if you guys are interested in the GomEffortResult & GomDeltaVolume? I think they look interesting as well. I searched for them but didn't find anything.

I've used GomDeltaVolume before. As I recall it is very similar in concept to RJay's VolumeSplitters he designed. For information on trading using market delta check out Dr. Steenbargers blog at TraderFeed. He has wealth of information on market delta and trading psychology.

Blz

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 Pepperdog 
USA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 58

Hey guys, just thought I'd chime in with a minor contribution. I've been interested in the ideas of trade intensity, buy/sell volume imbalances, L2/DOM imbalances and so forth but never really reached any major game changing revelations (yet). Maybe I just haven't looked long or hard enough. My trading plan is simple price action, S&R and trendlines on relatively naked charts.

Anyhow, here is another NT indi that might be of interest to some. It is similar to the agOrderBookOscillator, but it's called "CarsPulled". I didn't write it, and don't remember where I ran across it, but it appears to track the volume of orders pulled from the DOM and *not* executed. Or, those that are "pulled" end up as market orders potentially??

I don't use any of these indicators in my trading -- intensity, buy/sell vol, L2/orderbook tracking, etc. -- but if anyone comes up with any ideas or well defined objective setups with them I'm listening.

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: CarsPulled.zip
Thanked by:
 Prtester 
SE-Asia

Broker: Amp
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 66
Thanks Received: 124

cunparis View Post
I think they look interesting as well. I searched for them but didn't find anything.

try this NinjaTrader Support Forum - View Single Post - [AUTOLINK]Delta[/AUTOLINK] Buy/Sell Volume
the nice thing its you can have historical data.

RJay 
Hartford, CT. USA

Broker: AMP/CQG, Kinetick
Trading: RTY
Thanks Given: 757
Thanks Received: 787

Pepperdog View Post
Hey guys, just thought I'd chime in with a minor contribution. I've been interested in the ideas of trade intensity, buy/sell volume imbalances, L2/DOM imbalances and so forth but never really reached any major game changing revelations (yet). Maybe I just haven't looked long or hard enough. My trading plan is simple price action, S&R and trendlines on relatively naked charts.

Anyhow, here is another NT indi that might be of interest to some. It is similar to the agOrderBookOscillator, but it's called "CarsPulled". I didn't write it, and don't remember where I ran across it, but it appears to track the volume of orders pulled from the DOM and *not* executed. Or, those that are "pulled" end up as market orders potentially??

I don't use any of these indicators in my trading -- intensity, buy/sell vol, L2/orderbook tracking, etc. -- but if anyone comes up with any ideas or well defined objective setups with them I'm listening.

pepperdog,

This indicator is on my to do list.

Pulled Level2 contract orders are a big deal when tracking the markets.

I look forward to seeing how well it performs.

Thanks for posting this,

RJay

Started this thread Reply With Quote

RJay 
Hartford, CT. USA

Broker: AMP/CQG, Kinetick
Trading: RTY
Thanks Given: 757
Thanks Received: 787

Pepperdog View Post

Found the Source of the indicator.

Chuckt101's [AUTOLINK]Scalping[/AUTOLINK] Journal! - The [AUTOLINK]Price Action[/AUTOLINK] Forum - PriceAction.net

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

cory 
virginia

gomCD latest dated 11/05
Delta Buy/Sell Volume - Page 37 - [AUTOLINK]NinjaTrader[/AUTOLINK] Support Forum

RJay you should def check this out https://www.priceaction.net/showthread.php?p=5394

cory 
virginia

DeltaMA works pretty good 'when' it works, sometimes it plots the 2 MAs sometimes not.
bid. vs. ask [AUTOLINK]vol[/AUTOLINK]. - Page 3 - The [AUTOLINK]Price Action[/AUTOLINK] Forum - PriceAction.net

deanz 
Auckland

Experience: Beginner
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 1

I'm not great at programing but I think carsPulled is just a running total of changes in the bid and ask order book, and does not distinguish between orders pulled and orders filled.

I think it needs to use something like
if (e.Operation == Operation.Remove)
to check for removals.

Plus it seems to produce wacky results on small time frames .... ha ha.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	carsPulled-1.png
Views:	365
Size:	1.6 KB
ID:	5174  

Last Updated on October 25, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts