NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

How to: Connect MCDT to MB Trading

Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jura with 8 posts (11 thanks)
    2. looks_two musuk with 7 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 torroray with 4 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 jupiterpeak with 4 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 15,609 views
    2. thumb_up 16 thanks given
    3. group 8 followers
    1. forum 31 posts
    2. attach_file 6 attachments

Search this Thread

How to: Connect MCDT to MB Trading

Jura   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,352
Thanks Received: 690

Yesterday I’ve had quite some trouble trying to connect MCDT to MB Trading, yet today I’ve succeeded in establishing a connection. So I thought I should share this with you guys, and perhaps it will save someone else some headaches.

1. Create a new ‘Broker Profile’ in MCDT for MB Trading (File -> Broker Profiles -> Manager Broker Profiles -> New -> MB Trading).
[See screenshot 1]

2. Connect to MB Trading without having an MB Trading application (such as MB Desktop, MB Desktop Pro, or MB Navigator) active. If you have such an application running in the background, the connection “signal” for the MB Trading connection will remain yellow.

3. Manually add the forex symbols. MCDT doesn’t support (with the Version 7.0 Beta 3 (Build 46) version) automatically adding these symbols, so you have to do this for yourself. Go to the Quote Manager (File -> New -> Quote Manager), choose in the Quote Manager for Instrument -> Add Symbol -> Manually. Here type in the currency pair you’d like to add (for example EUR/USD).
[See screenshot 2]

In the ‘Edit Symbol’ screen [see screenshot 3], you can give an description to the symbol. The other options, can be left untouched.

4. Open a new chart (File -> New -> Chart Window) and choose a forex pair symbol you’ve added. When opening for the first time a chart from MB Trading, MCDT asked again for my login credentials, but after supplying these the chart will begin to load.

At that point, it should work like a charm.

Regards,

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	brokerProfile.PNG
Views:	472
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	38417   Click image for larger version

Name:	AddSymbol.PNG
Views:	472
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	38418   Click image for larger version

Name:	editSymbol.PNG
Views:	449
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	38419   Click image for larger version

Name:	done.PNG
Views:	427
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	38420  
Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
60 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
 mediaboy 
Durham, NC

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 16

In the quote manager edit symbol screen, does the "use exchange / ECN settings" option work correctly? I setup a few Forex instruments but noticed MC is reporting the P&L wrong (showing like stock was traded). It is also sending the orders with incorrect lot size in my demo account. A sale of 1 lot is 1 unit and not 10K units for Forex trades.

Using the latest beta of MC DT.

Just wondering if i did something wrong...

Jura   is a Vendor

Hi Mediaboy,

mediaboy View Post
In the quote manager edit symbol screen, does the "use exchange / ECN settings" option work correctly? I setup a few Forex instruments but noticed MC is reporting the P&L wrong (showing like stock was traded).

As far as I can tell, this is a know issue with MB Trading: MultiCharts Project Management - Issue MC-318 - Wrong [AUTOLINK]P&L[/AUTOLINK] amount indicated for the trade

mediaboy View Post
It is also sending the orders with incorrect lot size in my demo account. A sale of 1 lot is 1 unit and not 10K units for Forex trades.

The default lot size with MB Trading is 10.000 units, while the default order size is 0.1 lot (so, 1000 units). Perhaps changing this in the Edit Symbol section could solve your incorrect lot size problem.

up23
San Francisco, US

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Thanks for the info. Still works for MC 7 beta.

kamicrazy
New Zealand

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 32

I cloned the Forex Exchange/ECN settings and created a new one which I called MBTFX.

I then changed the price scale to 1/100000 because MB trading uses fractional pips.

I haven't worked out how to set the unit sizes though.

Jura   is a Vendor

kamicrazy View Post
I haven't worked out how to set the unit sizes though.

Buying 1000 units in MCDT equals a 0.1 lot and entering a order in MCDT for 10.000 units equals 1 MB Trading lot. The minimum order in MCDT for trading with MB Trading is thus not 1, but 1000 since 1000 units equals one MB Trading mini-lot.

Or do you mean something else with units sizes?

Regards,

torroray 
Malaysia

Platform: Multichart DT
Broker: MB Trading
Trading: Fx
Thanks Given: 52
Thanks Received: 61

Jura View Post
Buying 1000 units in MCDT equals a 0.1 lot and entering a order in MCDT for 10.000 units equals 1 MB Trading lot. The minimum order in MCDT for trading with MB Trading is thus not 1, but 1000 since 1000 units equals one MB Trading mini-lot.

Regards,

So how do you fix this in MCDT if you trade the standard 10,000

Jura   is a Vendor

torroray View Post
So how do you fix this in MCDT if you trade the standard 10,000

As far as I know - that can't be done. You can make a feature request for it here (https://www.multicharts.com/pm/), because with the current settings the "+1" buttons behind the calculator-thing in the DOM don't work since these add 1 and not the minimum 1K.

torroray 
Malaysia

Platform: Multichart DT
Broker: MB Trading
Trading: Fx
Thanks Given: 52
Thanks Received: 61

Jura View Post
As far as I know - that can't be done. You can make a feature request for it here ( MultiCharts Project Management), because with the current settings the "+1" buttons behind the calculator-thing in the DOM don't work since these add 1 and not the minimum 1K.

You have to manually key in 10,000 every time.

kamicrazy
New Zealand

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 32

Jura View Post

Regards,

i worked out through getting rejected order messages that the minimum number to enter is 1000 which is equal to 1 micro-lot.

what i would like is a setting definable in the ECN settings to so that typing 1 = 1000 or 10000 or 100000 units depending on trader preferences.

Last Updated on October 5, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts