NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Hapster's journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Hapster with 13 posts (20 thanks)
    2. looks_two Eric j with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HJay with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 5,408 views
    2. thumb_up 21 thanks given
    3. group 4 followers
    1. forum 18 posts
    2. attach_file 22 attachments

Search this Thread

Hapster's journal

Hapster 
San Diego, California

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, Felton
Trading: CL, GC
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 81

Four for four again today. Sometimes I’m wondering whether I’m pressing my luck. Well, out of town on business on Monday so maybe THAT’S the day I’d have a loser LOL. I think making this journal is helping me a lot, too, because I get to go back and review my own trades: something I had never really thought about doing. I highly recommend it.

Tried the Opening Range Breakout trade today for real. With the opening 5-min bar H/L at 5975 and 5675, respectively, I placed the buy stop and sell stop at 1 tick beyond those prices as soon as the bar closed. Got filled at the 5650 price level. Covered at a + 1.50 profit on the first half, moved the stop to B/E on the remainder and got stopped out.

Trade no. 2 at 6:47 (PST) got me short at 5625, covered half at 5475 at 6:53 and covered the other half at 5300 INTO the Michigan Sentiment report. Not a fan of trading near reports but the entry signal was good and I took advantage of the swoop down into the 6:55 report to exit the position
Forgot to capture the main screen shot on this second trade – and the ORB trade, for that matter – so I’ve included simply the entire 2-Minute worksheet and the 15-25-50 sheet as well at around that time frame.

Trade no. 3: Sold 5575 at 7:18 off the signal at cell AS186 on the third screen shot. Covered first half at 5400 at 7:23 nd the second half was stopped at B/E at 7:25. I think I’m moving my stops on the “runners” too soon. This has been a syndrome for me over the period I’ve been trading and I need to work on “bucking up” for a bit longer and taking some heat *sigh*.

Trade no 4 wasn’t till 11:24. I’m really proud of myself for sitting on my hands through the NY lunch period and “2 O’clock Balloon” period (EST) lately. It’s helped my bottom line a lot. But I do have to say, I’m a sucker for that last-hour trade and just prior to. I think if one can sit out that lunch BS, etc., they’ll add to their bottom line and will feel more confident trading the last hour, especially not trading “digging out of the hole” style for the day. Anyhow, got short again (shocker) at 1036 at 11:24 off the 2- and 3-minute cells at AI182 and AQ184 respectively. Covered half at 3425 and the other half at 3550 on a trailing stop.

Results:

Trade 1: +1.50/BE
Trade 2: +1.50/+3.25
Trade 3: +1.75/BE
Trade 4: +1.75/+.50
Net for day = + 10.25

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	103009-0715.gif
Views:	237
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	4014   Click image for larger version

Name:	103009-0717.gif
Views:	257
Size:	250.9 KB
ID:	4015   Click image for larger version

Name:	103009-0724.gif
Views:	219
Size:	227.6 KB
ID:	4016   Click image for larger version

Name:	103009-1136.gif
Views:	231
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	4017  
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
16 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks

Hapster 
San Diego, California

I’ve been at this long enough to know not to trade much on FOMC days. Thusly, I had only one trade today and sat out the entire morning and did other stuff around the house and gym, etc.
Shorted ES at 5300 at 12:10 (PST), well after the trench warfare that always ensues after the Fed announcement. Covered at 4275 at 12:54 just after the day’s gap was – finally – filled.
Results:
Short 5300
Covered 4275
Net: +10.25 ES points

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	110409-1253.gif
Views:	235
Size:	237.6 KB
ID:	4117  
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

HJay 
USA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus/Zen-Fire
Trading: futures

Man I look at the chart and I am not sure if I am to trade it or yell "BINGO" ...

but seriously, nicely done.. If I'm not mistaken your consistantly cranking out +10.00 or better on the ES daily, which is hard to do using any chart I would suspect, congrats Hapster!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Hapster 
San Diego, California

Trade no. 1: ORB
Shorted the breakout of the opening 5-min bar in ES today at 9325. Was filled at 6:38 (PST). Initial stop placed at 9575. Covered ½ the position at 9175 at 6:40. Taken out of the remaining ½ at BE at 6:42.
Results: +1.50 (six ticks seems to be working well for init ½ of position) and BE

Trade no. 2: Long
Stopped into the trade at 9475 at 6:48. Out of ½ the position at 9625 at 6:51. Took myself out of the other ½ at 9700 on the push up due to other longer-term sell signals from spreadsheet – i.e., take it when ya got it.
Results: +1.50 and +2.25

Trade no. 3: Short
Thought I was a little early on this one, but it worked out – pretty much like yesterday’s early short trade.
Shorted on a stop entry at 9800 at 7:05. Covered ½ the position at 9650 at 7:12. Trailed the stop on the remaining finally to 9700 and was taken out at 7:26.
Results: +1.50 and +.50

Net for the day so far: +7.25 ES points

I’ve included a later chart after the last trade, too, that illustrates the ADX holding the trend and why I was stupid not to hold that trade longer than I did. Plus some second sell signals on that next wave down after the retracement following the short trade at 7:05 a.m. Had some other things going on around the office, but I’m happy nonetheless with today’s results

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	111209-658.gif
Views:	241
Size:	232.9 KB
ID:	4400   Click image for larger version

Name:	111209-713.gif
Views:	248
Size:	237.9 KB
ID:	4401   Click image for larger version

Name:	111209-813.gif
Views:	232
Size:	239.9 KB
ID:	4402  
Thanked by:

Hapster 
San Diego, California

Well, I haven't posted here in a while, but the latest action in the SP market compels me to. It's been a pretty good couple weeks in here with this downside action. Shorting pops/rallies has been working really well for intraday, and I've got some more charts to post here to give a little insight on where this market is headed near term -- simply put: DOWN in my humble opinion, although a great trader from this board once told me: "Hap, just let the market show you where it's going; the market is always right!!"

That said, the weekly SP has pierced the 20-week moving average finally, and there was a pretty bearish candle drawn as of last night on the monthly chart.

Hope everyone is trading HAPpily....... here are some charts, exactly 3 months later.

H

Edited to add: Here are some fib levels to watch for based on the monthly levels:

1044.75 (.786)
1004.25 (.702)
963.75 (.618)
907.00 (.500)

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ES-Daily.gif
Views:	231
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	7375   Click image for larger version

Name:	ES-Weekly.gif
Views:	222
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	7376   Click image for larger version

Name:	ES-Monthly.gif
Views:	232
Size:	189.3 KB
ID:	7377  
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,207
Thanks Received: 101,599

Thanks Hapster, as always.

Looking forward to more

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: NT 8, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

Hapster View Post
Well, I haven't posted here in a while, but the latest action in the SP market compels me to. It's been a pretty good couple weeks in here with this downside action. Shorting pops/rallies has been working really well for intraday, and I've got some more charts to post here to give a little insight on where this market is headed near term -- simply put: DOWN in my humble opinion, although a great trader from this board once told me: "Hap, just let the market show you where it's going; the market is always right!!"

That said, the weekly SP has pierced the 20-week moving average finally, and there was a pretty bearish candle drawn as of last night on the monthly chart.

Hope everyone is trading HAPpily....... here are some charts, exactly 3 months later.

H

Edited to add: Here are some fib levels to watch for based on the monthly levels:

1044.75 (.786)
1004.25 (.702)
963.75 (.618)
907.00 (.500)

excellent work hap. you were absolutely right about the market heading lower. I thought we would have some more room to the upside before a major correction. I was wrong. one big mistake was I underestimated some important people. that proposal for new banking regulations is about as ........ as it gets. what's funny is, the rally started with the financials and came to an end with the financials.

as for the market I think the symmetry is still down. however I see the 1065 area as pretty important. wouldn't be surprised if we see some kind of short squeeze the next few days. especially if we break a major resistance around 1076. but if 1065 level is not holding then it's very likely the down action will continue and we'll have another leg down. possibly to low or mid 40's as an important support.

nice charts and HAPpy trading to you.

sunnyrain 
Portland/OR

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TS
Trading: Stocks
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 3

Great job, Hapster. Can I ask how you enable the realtime datafeed to excel? Do you use IB's feed? Thanks!

Hapster 
San Diego, California

Hi, Sunnyrain.

I use Qlink from ESignal.

Cheers... Hap

Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 11, 2010

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts