NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Your favorite candle stick pattern

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Fat Tails with 3 posts (7 thanks)
    2. looks_two Itchymoku with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 trendisyourfriend with 1 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Zwaen with 1 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one trendisyourfriend with 4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Fat Tails with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 TheTrend with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Zwaen with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 8,091 views
    2. thumb_up 15 thanks given
    3. group 4 followers
    1. forum 11 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Your favorite candle stick pattern

Bowie
Kansas City, KS/USA

Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 15

Itchymoku View Post
I was just curious what other people have to say about their favorite candle patterns and which works best for them. I personally trade the shooting star pattern (when the market is not trending) as I have had much luck with it compared to other setups. I Was curious If anyone uses any other types of patterns they'd like to share. Feed back always appreciated .

In addition to Suri Duddella mentioned by Big Mike, and Thomas Bulkowski mentioned by Fat Tails, you might want to check out Lance Beggs stuff. He has a bunch of free videos on YouTube and well as a training course called YTC price action trader. I have material by all 3 mentioned above and each one provides very valuable information.

Bearish and Bullish engulfing patterns can also be powerful, given the right context.

Good luck.

Bowie

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

Zwaen 
Netherlands, Blaricum

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Excel, Python, R
Broker: IB
Trading: Options
Thanks Given: 848
Thanks Received: 238

trendisyourfriend View Post
I like to trade the pin bar candlestick reversal pattern as shown here at key areas and in the direction of the primary trend. It's a key pattern that clearly denotes trapped traders.

@trendisyourfriend , do you also consider other candlestick patterns besides the pinbar which show the same movement? Since the pinbar is nothing more then ' price turning around' within one candlestick, the same information can be shown by different/more candlesticks. E.g. the bearish/bullish engulfing 2 candlestick pattern combined is the same as a shooting star/pinbar etc. Although one could say it shows slower momentum since the pattern takes 2 candles to form, instead of one.

Since you say it denotes trapped traders, would you only consider pinbars which dip below some form SR ( in case of ' bounce of long SR )? ( and dismiss the ones which turn around just before )

One of my worst enemies are my own false assumptions
Thanked by:

Last Updated on August 29, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts