NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

AMP Futures / AMP Global Review

Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mattz with 41 posts (75 thanks)
    2. looks_two Scalpguy with 31 posts (26 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 25 posts (68 thanks)
    4. looks_4 steve2222 with 21 posts (29 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kalalex with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 mattz with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 steve2222 with 1.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 344,874 views
    2. thumb_up 846 thanks given
    3. group 163 followers
    1. forum 595 posts
    2. attach_file 44 attachments

Search this Thread

AMP Futures / AMP Global Review

redneck4Christ 
Vancouver, WA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Jigsaw, MC.NET, ToS, SC
Broker: APEX,IronBeam/Rithmic, ToS
Trading: Emini ES & CL
Thanks Given: 1,032
Thanks Received: 146

To their credit, AMP resolved the address issue pretty quickly and was responsive by email.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
27 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
Diary of a simple price action trader
22 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
9 thanks

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

redneck4Christ View Post
..rolled an IRA...

very few brokers specialize in handling IRA for future trading. I used to have it with Vison Future I think they are out of business now. Your best bet is to go with InteractiveBrokers.

redneck4Christ 
Vancouver, WA

4trading View Post
I assumed BillPay was an eCheck. I was wrong - at least with one of my financial institutions. The bank/credit union just writes a check on my account and physically mails it with snail mail.

I see how BillPay could be convenient for someone that still pays by check, but in the era of electronic payments, it is a bit archaic IMO.

The USPS is not exactly foolproof. My neighbor brings my mail incorrectly delivered to him about 6 to 12 times per year.

"Assumption is the mother of error."

P.S. I recently used BillPay also. Waiting, waiting, waiting...

For many of my utilities and other payees, Billpayer is an eCheck because they have the capability to receive funds electronically. AMP does have that capability but does not facilitate eCheck anywhere close to as well as other places I have used Billpayer or eCheck payment. If I had to pay $30 (AMP's charge for wire transfer) for every bill payment, I couldn't afford very much after paying all my bills.

AMP's ACH method of removing funds from my account seemed to work pretty well. We'll see how well tomorrow when the funds are supposed to be in my account. But, it turns out, their ACH process for funding an account is not quite as good as tying a check to a rock and launching it east (from the Left Coast) with a trebuchet. I think I would have figured out sooner that the trebuchet didn't work and would have spent less time messing with it.

Thanked by:
 redneck4Christ 
Vancouver, WA

cory View Post
very few brokers specialize in handling IRA for future trading. I used to have it with Vison Future I think they are out of business now. Your best bet is to go with InteractiveBrokers.

Mike may scold us for going of topic but I couldn't resist saying I THINK my IRA rollover to a self-directed TD Ameritrade account is going SWIMmingly.

mattz   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,441
Thanks Received: 3,791

cory View Post

Most of the time, it's a straight forward process if the broker/FCM has a relationship with the custodian. In our experience, Midland has been great, and they work with most FCMs (including AMP).

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
1 800 771 6748 local 561 367 8686 email [email protected]
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TT and Stellar
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Thanks Given: 4,384
Thanks Received: 10,205

redneck4Christ View Post
For many of my utilities and other payees, Billpayer is an eCheck because they have the capability to receive funds electronically. AMP does have that capability but does not facilitate eCheck anywhere close to as well as other places I have used Billpayer or eCheck payment. If I had to pay $30 (AMP's charge for wire transfer) for every bill payment, I couldn't afford very much after paying all my bills.

AMP's ACH method of removing funds from my account seemed to work pretty well. We'll see how well tomorrow when the funds are supposed to be in my account. But, it turns out, their ACH process for funding an account is not quite as good as tying a check to a rock and launching it east (from the Left Coast) with a trebuchet. I think I would have figured out sooner that the trebuchet didn't work and would have spent less time messing with it.

I think Wire In, ACH Out is pretty standard. $30 may be a little high for a wire, but everybody charges $20+

Thanked by:
 redneck4Christ 
Vancouver, WA

SMCJB View Post
I think Wire In, ACH Out is pretty standard. $30 may be a little high for a wire, but everybody charges $20+

I am too new to electronic trading dispute this. TD Ameritrade and Schwab must be exceptions because with both of them, I funded using ACH and was up and trading in a day or two. Application, funding, trading in less than a week vs 6 weeks of fumbles and foibles on both sides (AMP and mine) and account canceled the day before funding was cleared. In my narrow view of the trading land, AMP was the odd funding labyrinth.

Thanked by:
Kalisto
Geneva, Switzerland

Thanks Given: 74
Thanks Received: 25

Is it possible to trade concurrently the Sierra Chart and MetaTrader 5 platforms ? Or will one of the two be read-only ?
Ideally, I would like to trade futures from SC but monitor the trades on MT5 where I’ll use a trade copier (mql script) to slave another MT5 CFD account. Can it be achieved ?

mattz   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,441
Thanks Received: 3,791

NapoleonDynamite View Post
Is it possible to trade concurrently the Sierra Chart and MetaTrader 5 platforms ? Or will one of the two be read-only ?
Ideally, I would like to trade futures from SC but monitor the trades on MT5 where I’ll use a trade copier (mql script) to slave another MT5 CFD account. Can it be achieved?

Yes, it is possible to view MT5/Sierra via the same account. But, CQG charges an additional fee for the 2nd user, and additional data feed because you will need different credentials for each machine. However, to the best of my knowledge, you can later between the two while paying one fee (in case you do not need both at the same time).

MT5 could be connected also to a CFD broker, but why would you use a market maker to trade futures or vice versa? (rhetorical question) different quotes and markets (exchange versus a single market maker).

Thanks,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of futures results.

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
1 800 771 6748 local 561 367 8686 email [email protected]
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 dextrade 
Skokie

Platform: SierraCharts,
Trading: ES, CL, NQ
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 76

I wanted to share my experience this week while working in a pretty volatile market.
During peak times this week, fast moving market, i have noticed that few people i work with had issues with their data feeds and executions using GAIN and other feeds. It is really hard to point the finger at a data provider as there are other variables involved such as individual internet connections, software, hardware setups etc.

What i did want to reiterate is that my setup worked without a flaw, was getting great fills during those resource demanding moments. That really solidified my confidence with my my choices.

Thanks again to Matt at Optimus Futures and their team for helping me choose and streamline my feeds/software.

Jerry
Rithmic (connected to Aurora servers)
RTraderPro
Bookmap
SierraCharts.

Last Updated on March 22, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts