NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Market Geometry

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one cliffp with 13 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two AnvilRob with 11 posts (8 thanks)
    3. looks_3 edward40 with 8 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Rrrracer with 5 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Nukedel24 with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Rrrracer with 1.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Palais Brongniart with 1.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 AnvilRob with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 25,451 views
    2. thumb_up 34 thanks given
    3. group 12 followers
    1. forum 48 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

Market Geometry

edward40
Chicago

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 73

Rrrracer View Post

I've also seen price blow through them like any other line when the time comes. .

I agree, they will eventually fail. My intent is to watch as price approaches a line and look for potential reactions forming on smaller time frames. I knew about trend lines and geometry before, but had actually dismissed them thinking they were too basic. Yes, in hindsight, I am looking at major points of structure as anchors and I am amazed by what I am finding.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

AnvilRob 
Smithfield, VA
Legendary Options Mando

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tasty Trade, TradingView
Broker: Tasty Trade
Trading: Futures: Everything
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 347
Thanks Received: 964

If you read Andrews work, price can do three things at a fork. One of them is for price to blow through. In that case, most of the time price pulls-back to that level.

In their classes, they teach allot of patience. If your looking for a trade, then you need to step back. Let the market show you what's happening and the trade will come.

The patience has really helped my trading. The forks just help me look at direction or zones to give me better entry based on other market structure observations. Its just a technique to add clarity to a chart that may look chaotic.

They also focus on wide range bars allot. As they show a footprint where very large buying or selling took place. Price often comes back to the root of those bars source at a later date. Many times it lines up with a fork level making a Pivot for a higher reward trade entry.

Sent using the https://nexusfi.com/NexusFi mobile app

My trading plan: Anvils 2024 Trading Plan
Journal 2024 first trade: Link to first 2024 trade entry
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Nukedel24 
PlainfieldNJ USA

Platform: TWS
Trading: Emini, Currrency Futures
Thanks Received: 8

edward40 View Post
I saw a few comments that Tim only shows the cherry picked winners in his online seminars. What I can say personally is the techniques he is showing are sound. They do work if you do the homework, practice drawing, what for price respecting the lines, have patience and find a smaller time frame entry near those levels.

The techniques are very sound. I have Monthly charts I started in 2011 in 30 year bonds, DOW, S&P, that have been working since I drew them, in Ensign Windows. As far as trade entry's the easiest is when you draw a new fork. Then you will have a test retest of the Median Line. That is usually a good spot to enter a trade. Another technique I like is the "3 drives to the top". Usually after going to the Median Line 3 times on the 3 hit you would have in place your order. Only problem with this is that Tim says it reduces your possible trade entry's by 25%.
As an aside. Tim has run studies on all these things using the computers at the University of Chicago I believe. He has 3 PhD's 1 in Economics, 1 in Mathematics, and 1 in Physics.

Thanked by:
 cliffp 
Carleton mi

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TOS Ninja
Trading: CL,ES
Thanks Given: 80
Thanks Received: 71

Nukedel24 View Post
The techniques are very sound. I have Monthly charts I started in 2011 in 30 year bonds, DOW, S&P, that have been working since I drew them, in Ensign Windows. As far as trade entry's the easiest is when you draw a new fork. Then you will have a test retest of the Median Line. That is usually a good spot to enter a trade. Another technique I like is the "3 drives to the top". Usually after going to the Median Line 3 times on the 3 hit you would have in place your order. Only problem with this is that Tim says it reduces your possible trade entry's by 25%.
As an aside. Tim has run studies on all these things using the computers at the University of Chicago I believe. He has 3 PhD's 1 in Economics, 1 in Mathematics, and 1 in Physics.

Thank you for responding to this thread, I have been studying at the market maps for about three months and I am learning quite a bit. I have watched quite a few webinars with Tim as the speaker and he seems to be an excellent teacher. And market maps a man named Shane Blankenship is the one doing the lessons his lessons OK but I believe Tim is a much better teacher. Hopefully in the near future I will start doing the lessons that Tim teaches but they're quite a bit more expensive. One question I have for you if you wouldn't mind me asking is do you think it's advisable to use thinkorswim from TD Ameritrade or should I go with Ensign and a broker and separate data provider?

Started this thread Reply With Quote

AnvilRob 
Smithfield, VA
Legendary Options Mando

cliffp View Post
Thank you for responding to this thread, I have been studying at the market maps for about three months and I am learning quite a bit. I have watched quite a few webinars with Tim as the speaker and he seems to be an excellent teacher. And market maps a man named Shane Blankenship is the one doing the lessons his lessons OK but I believe Tim is a much better teacher. Hopefully in the near future I will start doing the lessons that Tim teaches but they're quite a bit more expensive. One question I have for you if you wouldn't mind me asking is do you think it's advisable to use thinkorswim from TD Ameritrade or should I go with Ensign and a broker and separate data provider?

Ensign is just a charting platform. You cant trade from it as I can tell. Also im pretty sure TD has forks you can use. I use 3 platforms and they all draw Median lines exactly the same.

Is there a feature you noticed in Ensign that just appeals you?

edward40
Chicago

Thanks Received: 73

Nukedel24 View Post

Any particular reason for using Ensign for geometry? I noticed Coghlan Capital does as well.

Nukedel24 
PlainfieldNJ USA

Platform: TWS
Trading: Emini, Currrency Futures
Thanks Received: 8

cliffp View Post

I have never used ThinkorSwim or TD Ameritrade. I've heard good things about ThinkorSwim. I would consult the other members who maybe using either of the two. Ensign Windows is the way to go as far as charting. Data provider.....Well as far as Currency trading eSignal has a good package. Longer term commodity and Gold and Silver you could probably use your Broker feed. But in this area if you ask a dozen people you'll get a dozen different answers Lol.

Thanked by:
 cliffp 
Carleton mi

edward40 View Post
Any particular reason for using Ensign for geometry? I noticed Coghlan Capital does as well.

I don’t have any particular knowledge about that but I’m willing to bet that Coghlan Learned from Tim Morge.

cliffp 
Carleton mi

TradeTheLevel View Post
Ensign is just a charting platform. You cant trade from it as I can tell. Also im pretty sure TD has forks you can use. I use 3 platforms and they all draw Median lines exactly the same.

Is there a feature you noticed in Ensign that just appeals you?

And think or swim you can draw a medium line set but you can’t draw a modified Schiff

AnvilRob 
Smithfield, VA
Legendary Options Mando

cliffp View Post
And think or swim you can draw a medium line set but you can’t draw a modified Schiff

Really? Have you tried looking in properties? On some of mine I have to go-to line properties then change it.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

My trading plan: Anvils 2024 Trading Plan
Journal 2024 first trade: Link to first 2024 trade entry

Last Updated on January 26, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts