NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Larix - MTJ

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Larix with 122 posts (29 thanks)
    2. looks_two MiniP with 3 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 rintin2x with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 20,308 views
    2. thumb_up 30 thanks given
    3. group 5 followers
    1. forum 126 posts
    2. attach_file 66 attachments

Search this Thread

Larix - MTJ

Larix
Moscow/Russia

Thanks Given: 18
Thanks Received: 38

Hi, everyone

want to make my public journal to share some ideas with others + to see how trade looks from other side of the moon: out of RU + to communicate with other members of this forum + also bit practice of eng. lang which is not familiar to me))
work with CFD on currencies
total experience: near 3 years, but better say - I work closely with markets from the Feb of 2017
under the process of building my own strategy + psy control

key tools: EURUSD / USDCAD
work TF: M15-H4
method: waves + fibo + (sometimes) volumes + a bit maths + tons of lazy
style: prefer conservative so I don't update journal too frequently

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Could it be that currency futures are way easier to trade?
Currencies
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Larix
Moscow/Russia

Euro

Cad

Larix
Moscow/Russia

Larix
Moscow/Russia

euro gives an opportunity

Larix
Moscow/Russia

I made a few trades, not everything is fine
1st trade is my understanding of the market till today. I thought we'll turn back and left it through night. So this is explanation why s/l was so huge.
2nd trade was from toady, I've opened it, but the price stood long in same point, so I've decided to close it + possibility of uptrend remains. On Monday – Tuesday we’ll back till half of last movement and I’ll close current trade.
I think now uptrend takes a pause and we go back with targets 1,2 - 1,205
Don’t know how other markets work, but currencies are very tricky

Larix
Moscow/Russia

Euro gave me nothing but loses
As I wrote before it should goes down, but in a wave down I expected correction, so I made 1,2,3 agressive purchases with short SL and with a small money. But euro has skipped correction for twice! and for trades 4,5 I thought - that's it! and ignored signals for short
Now I have pending order (still consider: leave it or removie it), my opinion about future movements of euro m.b. after today evening news.

Larix
Moscow/Russia

Hi to all,
does anyone trade here gold with online blog? I want to read other expereience m.b. share some ideas

Gold has correlation with euro and I think to try trade them both with same logic. Gold much faster rather currencies, has less noise, more "trending" tool but has some features.
I made a few trades and give logic here.

1st trade:
we renewed last low and I supposed to continue this movement. So, I sold it and added S/L behind the "level" + in euro I saw premises for continuation of price down (I was waiting price movement till 1,2660, loot at pic. in the end of this post). Exit - in accordance with signals from euro.

2nd trade:
I saw accumulation of the volume in euro and gold and added order after last peak, s/l - behind bottom and take some margin - to 1301. I understand what profit-loss ratio wasn't great, so in the 1st point I've closed half of my trade position and left it due my expectations of rising gold & euro

3rd trade:
I added 2nd order with same volume, stop behind the last accumulation of volume in case of rising the price and was waiting continuation of uptrend, but euro & gold takes pause and I again closed 50% of 2nd trade and bit later closed 2nd part.

euro:

So, on my 1st acc yesterday instead of previous aggressive I’ve opened very conservative trade (which made all goals for now).
Now I have half of 1st trade in gold and waiting for correction. I share my minds concerning correction on the picture

Clarifications for gold down trade

Thanked by:
Larix
Moscow/Russia

Euro
This week gave me only 1 trade (frankly speaking, yesterday I could made 3 more trades, but due very conservative method of trade on this account I preferred to skip it)

If look at my prev trade, I added a new one bit higher, why? Because the area marked as a pale red square gave signals for short (but I didn’t short, because it was not right decision: it takes near 2 weeks of downtrend and it takes less then 2 days to achieve 50% of whole downtrend, so uptrend was very strong) , I left order through the night, stop behind this area. It might be my mistake to wait so long instead of fixating partial profit but the beginning was so strong, so I decided to wait. And have closed it with a small profit.

Gold

At the same time I proceed my experiments with gold. As you can see there are 2 problems 1) big stops and 2) unclear goals. I can’t say: it was awesome trades or something. I can say – I just was lucky and made a mistake in analyzing W1 period: and due this mistake instead of open shorts I was waiting end of correction. Same thing with euro. My opinion: on the next week we’ll proceed downtrend.

Larix
Moscow/Russia

This week wasn’t something extraordinary for me.

EURO

On Monday morning market gave signals for buying but shortly after opening I’ve realized it was fake, so I closed trade and just waited for better conditions. In next half hour market gave signals for sell. I opened trade and left it – Monday always busy day + I thought we’ll continue downtrend, so I left it till evening. Instead of downtrend it goes up, so I closed it manually. On Wednesday market gave signal for short and I sell, it was a small deal because market at the moment was unclear and could run back, so I’ve closed it with small profit.

GOLD

Gold made me losses but due 1/4 of normal lot in 3 of 4 trades it looks not so bad
My 1st trade I made with expectation of downtrend and 2nd lot (full volume) gave me 2/3 of all losses
2nd trade was small + but I’ve closed it because price renewed highs I thought – ok, now correction and we’ll proceed uptrend (red arrow), so for 3rd trade I left buy order through the night. It might wasn’t right decision but I thought if price goes down it skipped my order if goes up when it takes me too
It was unclear for trade situation chances were 50/50 I have to do something with trade strategy to work in small areas such this or just wait (last trade wasn’t wise decision. Trading euro simultaneously I skipped this purchase.)

Publish it with some delay because I’m bit sick now (and today missed very good profitable trade on euro). Euro waits the news on Wed and I expect very strong serious movement from that point.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 16, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts