NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

RandBots - Mario Randholm (President & CEO) - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 13 posts (9 thanks)
    2. looks_two RandBots with 6 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 SMCJB with 3 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one mattz with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two SMCJB with 1.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 RandBots with 1.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 10,817 views
    2. thumb_up 23 thanks given
    3. group 6 followers
    1. forum 24 posts
    2. attach_file 3 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

RandBots - Mario Randholm (President & CEO) - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,239
Thanks Received: 101,661

What did everyone think of the webinar?

Sorry for the delay in posting the recording -- internet has been non-functional on this trip the last few days. I return home in 10 days and will catch-up on everything then.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

mattz   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,441
Thanks Received: 3,791

Thank you for the webinar. It is exceptionally well done, and present good ideas applying pure data to trading.

Just a few comments: The beginning of the webinar showed a performance chart of an institutional company as an example of automation performance. Well, besides automation there is also a human decision mechanism at times built of quant teams who may swap one model for another depending on the criteria for market conditions.
You can replicate one to one the due diligence process of automation in institutions is built of teams, and often these teams have skills that are highly academic. This is not to say that a single trader can not create successful models, instead its an entirely different process.

There is also a mention of something along the lines of "when we receive a signal of a 3rd party"....does that mean that you built portfolios made of other vendors? Not sure.

Excellent Excel presentation! We have seen more demand from traders to integrate that with platforms.

Thank you to Mike, Terry, and Mario for putting this together.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
1 800 771 6748 local 561 367 8686 email [email protected]
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Minds 
PERU/CALLAO

Platform: Various
Broker: Various - (MC, CQG, IQFeed, IB)
Trading: US Futures and Equities, US Options, ETFs, Commodities, EUR/USD
Thanks Given: 56
Thanks Received: 38

At randbots you can find mario's as well as third party strategies

mattz View Post
Thank you for the webinar. It is exceptionally well done, and present good ideas applying pure data to trading.

Just a few comments: The beginning of the webinar showed a performance chart of an institutional company as an example of automation performance. Well, besides automation there is also a human decision mechanism at times built of quant teams who may swap one model for another depending on the criteria for market conditions.
You can replicate one to one the due diligence process of automation in institutions is built of teams, and often these teams have skills that are highly academic. This is not to say that a single trader can not create successful models, instead its an entirely different process.

There is also a mention of something along the lines of "when we receive a signal of a 3rd party"....does that mean that you built portfolios made of other vendors? Not sure.

Excellent Excel presentation! We have seen more demand from traders to integrate that with platforms.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Thanked by:

RandBots 
Lima, Peru

Platform: Propietary
Broker: IQ
Trading: Options
Thanks Given: 37
Thanks Received: 9

Thank Matt,

Yes, of course. I believe that the Markets represent the human expectations more than anything else. On the other hand, systematic trading have a built-in function that is crucial to be successful in the business.

SOLID RISK MANAGEMENT and IF CONDITIONING - if A then do B and if C then do A+B...

The human decision criteria will be most likely always present in the markets as the capital will ultimately remain under the control of individuals.

mattz View Post

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:

RandBots 
Lima, Peru

Platform: Propietary
Broker: IQ
Trading: Options
Thanks Given: 37
Thanks Received: 9

Regarding your comments below:

"The beginning of the webinar showed a performance chart of an institutional company as an example of automation performance. Well, besides automation there is also a human decision mechanism at times built of quant teams who may swap one model for another depending on the criteria for market conditions."

I agree to your comments above.

"You can replicate one to one the due diligence process of automation in institutions is built of teams, and often these teams have skills that are highly academic."

I do not think that can be replicated - I can be done worse of better, On the other hand the results will be correlated to the amount of invested resources.

"This is not to say that a single trader can not create successful models, instead its an entirely different process."

I agree to your comment above

"There is also a mention of something along the lines of "when we receive a signal of a 3rd party"....does that mean that you built portfolios made of other vendors? Not sure."

The short answer is YES.
1. There are open third party systems that I trust which I modify to match my goals.
2. There are third party systems that I trust that I do not modify because the risk rewards match mine.
3. There are my own systems that were built based on my risk reward

"Excellent Excel presentation! We have seen more demand from traders to integrate that with platforms."

Great systems are always welcome in any portfolio, the main issue is that the track-record is history. As you wrote, past performance might not be indicative of future results.

"Thank you to Mike, Terry, and Mario for putting this together."

Your welcome

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

mattz View Post

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

Follow me on Twitter

Closed Thread

Last Updated on April 6, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts