NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Murrey Math

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 36 posts (150 thanks)
    2. looks_two Zambi with 15 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bobc with 10 posts (6 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Lmess with 10 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one joehickle with 6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 4.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Prtester with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 eDanny with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 223,973 views
    2. thumb_up 219 thanks given
    3. group 91 followers
    1. forum 253 posts
    2. attach_file 73 attachments

Search this Thread

Murrey Math

bradhouser
Northern California where the girls are warm

Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 72

danny711 View Post
where can i download the MML indicator for Sierra Chat? Thanks

Look for the study Murray Math Lines. (They misspelled Murrey.)

Sent from my iPad using futures.io

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

bobc 
Boksburg, South Africa

Experience: Advanced
Platform: IG Markets
Broker: Ideal
Trading: Stocks,Indexes
Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 33

bradhouser View Post
Look for the study Murray Math Lines. (They misspelled Murrey.)

Sent from my iPad using futures.io

Well , I see some traders are still interested in drawing all these lines on a chart and expecting a positive result.
No problem . Thats your choice. But do youself a favour.There are better methods.Lots better.
Search ""Volume Profile "" on this website
Or Google ""Trading with Volume by Price indicators"" Great You Tube tut
Regards
bobc

danny711 
Hong Kong

Experience: Beginner
Platform: mutlicharts, sierra chart
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

Thanks you

bobc View Post
Well , I see some traders are still interested in drawing all these lines on a chart and expecting a positive result.
No problem . Thats your choice. But do youself a favour.There are better methods.Lots better.
Regards
bobc

fminus 
Washington DC

Platform: TT
Broker: Dorman
Trading: US Treasuries
Thanks Given: 156
Thanks Received: 299

Volume profile or price indicators have just as equal value as the MM Lines; they are just indicators and perform pretty close to random when you backtest an all in all out position. Are EMAs superior to SMAs, MACD better than RSI, Volume profile is better than MML? Proper money management with almost any trade rules can be profitable, even MML.

bobc View Post
Regards
bobc

In trading, shortcuts lead to the longest path possible.
Thanked by:

bobc 
Boksburg, South Africa

fminus View Post
Volume profile or price indicators have just as equal value as the MM Lines; they are just indicators and perform pretty close to random when you backtest an all in all out position. Are EMAs superior to SMAs, MACD better than RSI, Volume profile is better than MML? Proper money management with almost any trade rules can be profitable, even MML.

Hi fminus
Thank you for your post
Please give us all an example of how you use money management with a trade rule ( of your choioce) to trade.
Kind regards
bobc

Thanked by:

fminus 
Washington DC

bobc View Post
Hi fminus
Thank you for your post
Please give us all an example of how you use money management with a trade rule ( of your choioce) to trade.
Kind regards
bobc

Money management is an art form in itself and will vary by trader. Most of the traders that I've noticed through this forum trade a very simplistic money management approach which gives the false sense of "properly managing their position" but in reality is anything from it. They live and die by the binary outcome of their stop or profit being hit and leave it up to the market to determine their fate. Yes, it prevents catastrophic blow outs but it is just speculation if you are really honest about it and in the long run not a viable path to consistency.

For those out there that want this to become more than just a pure speculation hobby, you must control what can be controlled, such as your position and money management. This can be anything from taking risk off or adding risk on, hedging, creating synthetic positions, etc. I also will have at any given moment up to 10 positions open and trying to manage the beta risk profile of my entire portfolio.

In any of my given trades, I am always working parts of my position to manage risk. Simply put, I create my own assymetic risk/reward trades. Are all trades winners? No. Are any trades losers? Sure. Are my winners always bigger than my losers? Always.

bobc 
Boksburg, South Africa

fminus View Post
Money management is an art form in itself and will vary by trader. Most of the traders that I've noticed through this forum trade a very simplistic money management approach which gives the false sense of "properly managing their position" but in reality is anything from it. They live and die by the binary outcome of their stop or profit being hit and leave it up to the market to determine their fate. Yes, it prevents catastrophic blow outs but it is just speculation if you are really honest about it and in the long run not a viable path to consistency.

For those out there that want this to become more than just a pure speculation hobby, you must control what can be controlled, such as your position and money management. This can be anything from taking risk off or adding risk on, hedging, creating synthetic positions, etc. I also will have at any given moment up to 10 positions open and trying to manage the beta risk profile of my entire portfolio.

In any of my given trades, I am always working parts of my position to manage risk. Simply put, I create my own assymetic risk/reward trades. Are all trades winners? No. Are any trades losers? Sure. Are my winners always bigger than my losers? Always.

No example
No regards
bobc

fminus 
Washington DC

bobc View Post
No example
No regards
bobc

Please show me why volume profile works compared to MML regardless of money management and then maybe we can have a real conversation. Money management is the reason why squiggly line trading strategies work. It is why MML can work. It is why volume profile can work. It is why almost anything can work.

bobc 
Boksburg, South Africa

fminus View Post
Please show me why volume profile works compared to MML regardless of money management and then maybe we can have a real conversation. Money management is the reason why squiggly line trading strategies work. It is why MML can work. It is why volume profile can work. It is why almost anything can work.

Hi f-
Firstly some info on MML

Secondly
Volume, in any format, is the ONLY tool that predicts what the large traders are doing.

Thirdly
Nothing works CONSISTANTLY ,without an edge

Fourthly
Holding 10 positions at the same time and your favourite trades are Treasuries..... bonds, makes me think you are an institutional trader. You have an edge which is so ingrained everything works.Thats why I asked for an example, to try and determine your edge

Finally
You cannot make a bad strategy profitable using just money management

regards
bobc

n7ekg 
Plano, TX

Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: AMP
Trading: ES, NQ, CL
Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 44

bobc View Post
Hi f-
Firstly some info on MML
Secondly
Volume, in any format, is the ONLY tool that predicts what the large traders are doing.

No, sir. Volume by itself can fool you. You have to properly interpret volume - for example, you have a large price move on low volume. You have to know what that means.

Secondly, certain candlestick patterns have a very high probability of predicting what the market will do next. It all works together - if you can show me a consistent trading strategy that consistently makes money using just volume, I'll buy you a beer at your favorite bar. Volume and price action work together.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 21, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts