NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

simon jousef's GTR trading room

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Fxfutures1976 with 11 posts (16 thanks)
    2. looks_two jerryjerry with 7 posts (13 thanks)
    3. looks_3 billr with 6 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 4 posts (19 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one fminus with 7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 4.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 jerryjerry with 1.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Fxfutures1976 with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 52,088 views
    2. thumb_up 135 thanks given
    3. group 43 followers
    1. forum 98 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments

Search this Thread

simon jousef's GTR trading room

jokertrader 
NYC, NY

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra, TT
Broker: N/A
Trading: Spread Researcher and crypto degen
Thanks Given: 545
Thanks Received: 360

Seems they are going for a just a few ticks with no real pattern to entry.. just hoping for a counter bounce. and they keep saying i am in. .i know and we know.. this is not how things work unless u are hitting the market..and then u are always loosing a few ticks..

the idea of a real trader and a real room is great for us trying to get consistent.. but there has to be some method.. anyone post a video of where he took a trade and explained his methodology for that?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
32 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
11 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks

ironman07 
Kansas City Mo.

Platform: Tradestation
Broker: tradestation
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 47

Bill I believe you answered Sharmas question as to your profit in saying you were only marginally profitable over the course of a year in the GTR room. Obviously you couldnt follow his trades because he isnt trading a live account and won't share any statements cause none exist. If you feel is fun to spend $8000 because Simon might rub off on you then you've missed the whole point of learning any method-- to make $$$$. If your trading full time and not making a minimum of $50000 then you are just wasting your time .Trying to constantly defend GTR without any concrete proof of a trading statement showing profits they claim is like constantly running in front a a truck.

Thanked by:
 billr 
San Antonio, Texas USA

Platform: NinjaTrader, Tradestation
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 35
Thanks Received: 35

As I have stated, I have no affiliation with GTR/Simon other than being a member. At the beginning of this thread, some wanted opinions from members. Thats all I was offering. Good luck.

trader1111 
charlotte nc

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ORC, NT
Trading: Currency Futures, FX
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

I've traded for 20+ years in Futures and in FX as an institutional manager and CTA.

I can see how the GTR method may be appealing if you are relatively new to trading (say less than 5 years experience) BUT........

The education they offer can be had by reading about market profile or volume profiling. Don't send this guy money ! If he runs a special membership rate less than $500.00 ALL IN per YEAR, then it is worth it, but for any amount over this it is a waste.

jmh13 
Belize SA

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Ninja
Trading: DC
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 129

Simon's new and improved room. Any members of this room want to share good , bad and ugly? THX

sleip 
Karlsruhe, Germany

Platform: Ninja
Broker: n/a with Rithmic
Trading: fdax, TF, CL, GC, YM
Thanks Given: 52
Thanks Received: 112

before someone thinks about wasting his money, just ask yourself:

- why did Simon change the website ?
- why is Simon not trading a real account, just SIM ?

Simon never claimed to trade real money. There was a statement from him where he clarifies he`s trading SIM. If my mentor ist not able to trade for a living because he´s only on SIM,why should i think he`s trading is profitable?
Lerning to put an order on a lvn is not worth the 8K.

Thanked by:
 Fxfutures1976 
London

Platform: cqg integrated,ninjatrade
Trading: Futures and forex
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 69

sleip View Post
before someone thinks about wasting his money, just ask yourself:

- why did Simon change the website ?
- why is Simon not trading a real account, just SIM ?

Simon never claimed to trade real money. There was a statement from him where he clarifies he`s trading SIM. If my mentor ist not able to trade for a living because he´s only on SIM,why should i think he`s trading is profitable?
Lerning to put an order on a lvn is not worth the 8K.

Complete SCAM. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH THAT RAT SIMON YOUSEF.

Thanked by:
 Cloudy 
desert CA

Platform: NT7, various
Broker: various, TDA
Trading: NQ,ES
Thanks Given: 2,396
Thanks Received: 1,748

Fxfutures1976 View Post
Complete SCAM. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH THAT RAT SIMON YOUSEF.

GTR has been exposed!
Thanks to tradingschools and people who filed CFTC complaints,

"On September 10, 2019, the CFTC filed a formal complaint alleging fraud against Simon Jousef."

"In the complaint, the CFTC investigated Simon Jousef and discovered the following:
That Simon Jousef claimed to be trading “live.” Yet, the CFTC discovered that he never even had a trading account.
That he had never earned a profit trading Futures or Forex.
All of the customer testimonials were fraudulent.
The spreadsheet of supposed “real” trades were all fraudulently created."

(what I'd often suspected of these marketed expensive dubious trading room vendors, that they never traded live or had old losing accounts)
By affiliation, it seems likely Dean Handley & Bob Amico (now Veritas futures trading) were all in on it also and are all now under investigation.

https://www.tradingschools.org/reviews/the-trader-institute-global-trade-room-dr-dean-handley/

Thanked by:

MiniP 
USA,USA
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES,
Thanks Given: 1,109
Thanks Received: 2,943

Cloudy View Post
GTR has been exposed!
Thanks to tradingschools and people who filed CFTC complaints,

"On September 10, 2019, the CFTC filed a formal complaint alleging fraud against Simon Jousef."

"In the complaint, the CFTC investigated Simon Jousef and discovered the following:
That Simon Jousef claimed to be trading “live.” Yet, the CFTC discovered that he never even had a trading account.
That he had never earned a profit trading Futures or Forex.
All of the customer testimonials were fraudulent.
The spreadsheet of supposed “real” trades were all fraudulently created."

(what I'd often suspected of these marketed expensive dubious trading room vendors, that they never traded live or had old losing accounts)
By affiliation, it seems likely Dean Handley & Bob Amico (now Veritas futures trading) were all in on it also and are all now under investigation.

https://www.tradingschools.org/reviews/the-trader-institute-global-trade-room-dr-dean-handley/

$8,900
who the fuck would give this guy money based off that shitty website, he spelled "blew up" like blue up...
sometimes you feel bad when people get ripped off but almost 9k for a trading room and a course .. god help these people

( not targeted at you cloudy)
-P

"Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie"-Miyamoto Musashi
Thanked by:
 Cloudy 
desert CA

Platform: NT7, various
Broker: various, TDA
Trading: NQ,ES
Thanks Given: 2,396
Thanks Received: 1,748

MiniP View Post
sometimes you feel bad when people get ripped off but almost 9k for a trading room and a course .. god help these people

( not targeted at you cloudy)
-P

Yes, it's sad that many were suckered. "From 2014 to 2016, Simon Jousef sold consumers a total of $1,300,000 in live trading room subscriptions and magical magnet trading indicators." Fortunately for myself I had wised up before coming across GTR and the like. It may be another good first step by the CFTC to make inroads exposing this overall sordid business of selling dreams. Syke's empire and bought out shilled review sites has made far more many millions and Warrior Trading is getting up there as new hapless newbs continue to start to discover "trading vendors".

Thanked by:

Last Updated on November 24, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts