NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading Strategies

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one DavidHP with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two forgiven with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 CSC1 with 1 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 hen322 with 1 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one CSC1 with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two stanleyfutures with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 forgiven with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 hen322 with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 1,789 views
    2. thumb_up 5 thanks given
    3. group 9 followers
    1. forum 7 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading Strategies

stanleyfutures
Beaverton, United States

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 1

Hello guys,

I have been trading FX for 2 years, but I am completely new to Futures trading. I am currently learning to trade with DOM and Market profile only, however I am wondering if they still do work in 2019. I have read a lot of posts saying that they have no value anymore because of algo. Does anyone of you mind sharing what trading strategy do you use and work very well?

Besides, does anyone of you have recommendation for the best simulator for futures trading?

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
PowerLanguage & EasyLanguage. How to get the platfor …
EasyLanguage Programming
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

DavidHP 
Isla Mujeres, MX
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ninjatrader / Optimus Futures / AmpFutures
Trading: ES / 6E / 6B / CL
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 11,336
Thanks Received: 2,744

Check out the Webinar section.
There are many videos that will help.

One was this week about Order Flow with Anthony Drager

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Rejoice in the Thunderstorms of Life . . .
Knowing it's not about Clouds or Wind. . .
But Learning to Dance in the Rain ! ! !
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 580

but like any thing in trading , it does not work all the time. when your in a trade and its not working you have to get the hell out of it . that is where most traders have a problem. you also have to judge what kind of move your in to add on or bail out. most trader want to add on when its going the wrong way. that kind of trade management is the difference from the adults to the children .

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 CSC1 
Vancouver, Canada

Experience: None
Platform: IB
Trading: Futs
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 50

One thing I would experiment with is generating signals in fast markets but executing in a lower variance, correlated market. E.g. watching front month CL but executing in the June-Sep calendar, having a view on treasury yields but executing on Eurodollar spreads or yield curve spreads, grains vs grain calendar spreads etc. I've reduced my instances of getting shaken out significantly by trading correlated slow markets while using my read on price action in the faster correlated market.

Thanked by:

BenjaminR 
Chicago, Illinois/United States of America

Platform: Sierra Chart, Daytradr,MW
Broker: AMP, ADMIS, Gain, Charles Schwab. Data: CQG, Open-eCry
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 25

Now you know which blogs/posts NOT to read. Those guys are poison -people who try something, don't work/study, move on to something else, & make a loud noise claiming whatever tool or method it was is irrelevant, outdated, theoretical, blah blah blah.... If you're learning Market Profile, you're already on a right track: so much information in so little moving parts. In short, it's powerful & elegant.

RE: simulator... I recommend Sierra Chart for your MP charts & it has an internal sim account you can use while connected to live account data. OCO strategies can be created. Trading from chart of attached or detached DOM.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 bbilotta 
Chicago IL

Platform: SierraChart
Broker: Transact, SC
Trading: ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 38

I would second Sierra Chart, unless you are purely order flow. if purely order flow you may want to look at Book Map.

There's very little you can't do with Sierra Chart.

hen322 
San Francisco CA

Platform: NinjaTrader, TOS, Jigsaw
Broker: Dorman Trading
Trading: ZN and Stocks
Thanks Given: 182
Thanks Received: 276

stanleyfutures View Post
Hello guys,

I have been trading FX for 2 years, but I am completely new to Futures trading. I am currently learning to trade with DOM and Market profile only, however I am wondering if they still do work in 2019. I have read a lot of posts saying that they have no value anymore because of algo. Does anyone of you mind sharing what trading strategy do you use and work very well?

Besides, does anyone of you have recommendation for the best simulator for futures trading?

I use Ninjatrader 8. They won me over by their simulation trading. They will give you 2 weeks of live data to test out their platform.

They have an excellant DOM, but it is dynamic by default (you have to pay extra $.10/contract if you want it kept static, but that's after when you decide to buy the platform).

They have special tools called OrderFlow+ which gives you market profile charts such as volumetric charts and market depth. But you have to buy their platform first in order to use it. Check out their website for more info.

Once you have traded with your demo account for a while, you will have a better idea of how the futures move, which will help you figure out a strategy that you're comfortable with.

Good luck!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 11, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts