NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Genesis Trade Navigator

Discussion in Platforms and Indicators

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one tr8er with 8 posts (6 thanks)
    2. looks_two bujji with 7 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 GlobalTrader with 6 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 D8rad with 5 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one veigaman with 1.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Locust with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 mattz with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 tr8er with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 40,224 views
    2. thumb_up 35 thanks given
    3. group 21 followers
    1. forum 56 posts
    2. attach_file 6 attachments

Search this Thread

Genesis Trade Navigator

mattz   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,441
Thanks Received: 3,791

Discseven View Post
Have used Trade Nav for 20 years. Exellent platform IMHO. Excellent support albeit not 24/7. At one point ran TradeStation and Trade Nav simultaneously with identical autotrade scripts---point being to cross ref accuracy. (Though written in different languages as required, trade direction was same for each platform.) Platforms matched each other over years trading. Have dropped TradeStation in favor of Trade Nav due to support provided by Trade. Am not autotrading any more due to using SR lines, Fib, and MAs.

Have used FastBrokers and currently TransAct for clearing. TransAct had a server go down a week or so ago. Now TransAct has migrated customers to a new platform and Trade Nav platform is not connecting to TransAct since Monday night. This means data is available on Trade Nav but trading via TransAct is not.

I am not a programmer, but it seems to me that one of the better-performing customers on automation, they do mention trade navigator. Just as an FYI, TradeNavigator also works with CQG and Rithmic.

Thanks,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of futures results.

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
1 800 771 6748 local 561 367 8686 email [email protected]
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
31 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
GlobalTrader
Long Beach , LA

Thanks Given: 37
Thanks Received: 81

Discseven View Post
Have used Trade Nav for 20 years. Exellent platform IMHO. Excellent support albeit not 24/7. At one point ran TradeStation and Trade Nav simultaneously with identical autotrade scripts---point being to cross ref accuracy. (Though written in different languages as required, trade direction was same for each platform.) Platforms matched each other over years trading. Have dropped TradeStation in favor of Trade Nav due to support provided by Trade. Am not autotrading any more due to using SR lines, Fib, and MAs.

Have used FastBrokers and currently TransAct for clearing. TransAct had a server go down a week or so ago. Now TransAct has migrated customers to a new platform and Trade Nav platform is not connecting to TransAct since Monday night. This means data is available on Trade Nav but trading via TransAct is not.

I purchased Trade Navigator Platinum some yrs ago. I wanted a platform for the ASX, to scan, and trade live. When I purchased trade navigator I was guaranteed by them that I could trade the ASX real time with it, All I had to do was get an Interactive Brokers account and connect to their data, so I did that after a ton of hassle etc setting up new accounts and data etc. The first problem, Trade Navigator only offers live streaming data for the ASX 200, not the whole ASX. This was never mentioned when I purchased and was more than annoying. I'd been completely lied to.

Problem number 2. When I first began downloading ASX EOD at a cost $50 USD per month I wouldn't get that download until the next day 2 hrs before the ASX opened, what a joke, so I complained about that also. Then TN fixed it and was then getting EOD 3 hrs after the close, Still, a joke considering if you use a platform like Metastock EOD $20 per month and you get hourly and 15 min snapshots during the trading session and EOD 1 hr after the ASX close.

The quality of the data has been inconsistent to the point I don't even get ASX eod. Having complained about this many times to no avail I decided not to renew my data until these issues were resolved. I logged into TN thinking I would be able to do some backtesting on the historical data I had previously purchased. Guess what, when you close your data subscription TN also retains all your previous data you have paid for. The reason is you only lease the data. This is total BS.

Email from TN...

Hello,

I have heard nothing as of yet. The historical data is leased and only accessible with an active data subscription. I have email Glen today.

Thank you

Sean

GFT Billing

laltro 
Milano ITALY

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Genesis TN
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hi,
I have been using Trade Nav platinum for more than 5 years, clearing via Transact/Infinity Futures.
Now I have moved my account/brokerage to Interactive Brokers.
I am interested in something that would allow me to keep Trade Nav as charting sw, but without paying all those monthly fees to Genesis.
Is that possible with Rithmic?
I have read from your posts that it is possible to feed TN with Rithmic data.

Please notice that I do not need to automate any strategy as I am a discretionary trader.
Thanks for your help.

Luca

Thanked by:
D8rad
Silver Spring, Maryland, USA

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 3

I've also been trying to find a broker that provides TN with Rithmic data feed. I have noticed that the TN data updates made at the end of the day show that significant changes from the live volume data especially had ocurred. The discrepancies are causing errors in my analysis. My email to Glen Larson at Genesis was not even responded to.

I could be wrong, but I believe Rithmic updates bars on the chart as the information is received from the exchange. Has anyone found a way to get TN with Rithmic? If not, is there some other way to get timely data updates to my TN charts?

Thanked by:
 tr8er 
Europe
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeNavigator, BookMap
Trading: ES, CL, 6E, 6B
Thanks Given: 220
Thanks Received: 709

I use TN with Rithmic, but as far as I know, it will not work without TradeNav streaming data.

Thanked by:

mattz   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,441
Thanks Received: 3,791

D8rad View Post
I've also been trying to find a broker that provides TN with Rithmic data feed. I have noticed that the TN data updates made at the end of the day show that significant changes from the live volume data especially had ocurred. The discrepancies are causing errors in my analysis. My email to Glen Larson at Genesis was not even responded to.

I could be wrong, but I believe Rithmic updates bars on the chart as the information is received from the exchange. Has anyone found a way to get TN with Rithmic? If not, is there some other way to get timely data updates to my TN charts?

Genesis uses their own data. Rithmic is just for execution.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substntial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
1 800 771 6748 local 561 367 8686 email [email protected]
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
GlobalTrader
Long Beach , LA

GlobalTrader View Post
I purchased Trade Navigator Platinum some yrs ago. I wanted a platform for the ASX, to scan, and trade live. When I purchased trade navigator I was guaranteed by them that I could trade the ASX real time with it, All I had to do was get an Interactive Brokers account and connect to their data, so I did that after a ton of hassle etc setting up new accounts and data etc. The first problem, Trade Navigator only offers live streaming data for the ASX 200, not the whole ASX. This was never mentioned when I purchased and was more than annoying. I'd been completely lied to.

Problem number 2. When I first began downloading ASX EOD at a cost $50 USD per month I wouldn't get that download until the next day 2 hrs before the ASX opened, what a joke, so I complained about that also. Then TN fixed it and was then getting EOD 3 hrs after the close, Still, a joke considering if you use a platform like Metastock EOD $20 per month and you get hourly and 15 min snapshots during the trading session and EOD 1 hr after the ASX close.

The quality of the data has been inconsistent to the point I don't even get ASX eod. Having complained about this many times to no avail I decided not to renew my data until these issues were resolved. I logged into TN thinking I would be able to do some backtesting on the historical data I had previously purchased. Guess what, when you close your data subscription TN also retains all your previous data you have paid for. The reason is you only lease the data. This is total BS.

Email from TN...

Hello,

I have heard nothing as of yet. The historical data is leased and only accessible with an active data subscription. I have email Glen today.

Thank you

Sean

GFT Billing

Update on Trade Navigator.

Trade Navigator advertises it has data for the ASX Australian Stock Exchange. Since 2013 I've had nothing but problems with TN's ASX data.

In the Last 6 months TN changed data supplier. This has not gone well. Much of the data is unreliable and when using TN you will pay a premium for their streaming package. Then you have to pay for more data to get it live and broker connected. TN's data and fee's are a joke. Their business model is structured around data fee's and they can not even get that right. I suspect ove rthe last 6 months TN has lost many clients.

On Friday 1st of october 2019 I was informed by Trade Navigator that they will no longer support ASX data.

Here is where i need some input.

I purchased TN Platinum for the sole reason to use on the ASX. I was told i would get full ASX streaming. That turned out to be a lie. I also purchase a course $600 USD from them on how to program and use TN. In all I'm in the hole about $2,500 USD.

My question is. Since now they do not support ASX data at all which was the only reason I purchased the software and course. Will TN have to refund me for the whole amount since now that the platform is useless and they will not open source their end so i can get my own data.? Platform without data.

I'm seriously thinking of taking this further. This is BS.

They still advertise ASX200 data. This is untrue.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TN asx.PNG
Views:	272
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	278855  
 tr8er 
Europe
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeNavigator, BookMap
Trading: ES, CL, 6E, 6B
Thanks Given: 220
Thanks Received: 709

Hi GlobalTrader,

TN switched the last 2 weeks to the new data provider (CQG) and after some problems, now it works fine.

I also saw, that they have added ASX futures/stocks to their data-agreements, so I guess it will be available.

GlobalTrader
Long Beach , LA

tr8er View Post
Hi GlobalTrader,

TN switched the last 2 weeks to the new data provider (CQG) and after some problems, now it works fine.

I also saw, that they have added ASX futures/stocks to their data-agreements, so I guess it will be available.

They don't have ASX data anymore. Was told Friday by Trade Navigator.

From TN.

We are looking at cost of ASX data vs # of users of ASX data. Right now, only a handful of our total user base is requesting ASX data. It has to be profitable or close to it to confirm continuation. No where near profitable now.

My thinking is they will have to compensate everyone who purchased TN for ASX use. Annoying because I do like the platform. Just think all the work changing codes, scripts, templates and all the rest. I think TN should opensource its data for ASX and exotic markets.. When I mentioned that, they said data was their income and without it they would go broke. What a statement when you consider how bad this data change over has gone.

GlobalTrader
Long Beach , LA

Sent: Wednesday, 8 March 2017 11:39:43 a.m.

Subject: Re: Data.

Do you have an account with Interactive Brokers? If so, we can solve the problem in a couple of minutes.

Me: I opened a IB account and TN never solved anything. Absolutely useless.

The weird thing with TN is if you buy the platform you still don';t really own it because TN owns the data to run it and if you don't pay TN's bribe you get no data and the platform is a useless piece of junk.

Just think if you purchased a new car, drove away run out of gas, then you have to buy your gas from who you purchased the car from, that's and ridiculous this is.

Last Updated on December 10, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts