NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

How to chose broker for non US resident who live in US?

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one michael94 with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 SMCJB with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Monet with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 1,202 views
    2. thumb_up 2 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 4 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

How to chose broker for non US resident who live in US?

michael94 
Chicago IL USA

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 10

Hi everyone!
I am very new to trading, couldn't find any similar topic, so asking for your advise. And my question is about brokerage firms. Does it really matter what broker to chose, if, for example I am a resident of East European country and currently live in USA? Like, if I'd like return back to Europe, theoretically I would have to change only my bank information, and maybe personal info, but I can keep the same broker? Are most of the brokers multi international, and It doesn't really matter which one to chose from that point?
Thank You

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
30 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TT and Stellar
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Thanks Given: 4,386
Thanks Received: 10,206

michael94 View Post
I am a resident of East European country and currently live in USA?

Is that possible? Can you be a resident of somewhere you don't live?
Anyway @mattz is a great guy to ask a question like this to although you may need to clarify the resident/visitor status. A good question for you, before Matt replies is do you have a social security number?

mattz   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,441
Thanks Received: 3,791

michael94 View Post
Hi everyone!
I am very new to trading, couldn't find any similar topic, so asking for your advise. And my question is about brokerage firms. Does it really matter what broker to chose, if, for example I am a resident of East European country and currently live in USA? Like, if I'd like return back to Europe, theoretically I would have to change only my bank information, and maybe personal info, but I can keep the same broker? Are most of the brokers multi international, and It doesn't really matter which one to chose from that point?
Thank You

@SMCJB Thank you for the mention.

If you currently live in the US under a legal status and have a social, you can open an account with a US brokerage.
You can not live here and provide an address of residence overseas.

If you decide to go back, then you have to ask your potential brokerage if they will work with the country you are initially coming from. Specifically, in East Europe, we US brokerage are prohibited by law to work with some of the nations. These are federal rules imposed by the US Department of the Treasury.

I hope this helps.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
1 800 771 6748 local 561 367 8686 email [email protected]
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

michael94 
Chicago IL USA

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 10

SMCJB View Post
Is that possible? Can you be a resident of somewhere you don't live?

Sorry. It may be that I've expressed myself not exactly how I meant it. I am a citizen of Ukraine, but I live in US for a couple years already. I came here with almost no English, and still have struggles with it some times, so I beg your pardon for that.
Anyway, I do have a SSN and Work Authorization. I do pay taxes (the amount is killing me sometimes), and I hope one day I'll be legalized as a permanent resident. But if that wont happen, I need to know if I'll be able to continue in my homeland what I've started here. But You know, I've spent here so many years, that US is my homeland now, and I'm truly happy to be around such a great folks.

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 21, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts