NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

JT journal: Let`s go and do it 2019

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one jonnytrade with 162 posts (52 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1 posts (8 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Wizard3ootz with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 18,535 views
    2. thumb_up 60 thanks given
    3. group 4 followers
    1. forum 164 posts
    2. attach_file 272 attachments

Search this Thread

JT journal: Let`s go and do it 2019

jonnytrade 
Moscow/Russia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Investor RT, Overcharts
Broker: NT Brokerege/Rithmic
Trading: NQ,YM,CL,GC
Thanks Given: 53
Thanks Received: 255

This is my first post in my new journal and in this year. I want start this year with quote one of the best book if you would like continue or start work under your goal, habits and always be better then before. Let`s go!

During this weekend I finished reading book "Your best year ever" Michael Hyatt

This is very very good book for start year with many many interest things. And in my first FIO journal post I want to write a quote from this book as a personal guide in 2019:
You can do nothing and enjoy the comfort or challenge yourself and grow above yourself. You may feel that comfort leads to happiness. But it's not. Happiness comes from growing up and feeling that you have achieved results.
But there's more. The goal is not only a story about the achievements. This is the story of who you will become. The goal is growth. Good goals make us stronger and more experienced. Because goals are a road, but more importantly, a destination.

LET`S GO AND DO IT

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
31 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

jonnytrade 
Moscow/Russia

Iam in market! Lets go and do this job well! First day most important be accurate and follow my rule!

Big picture
1. Same problem with Apple. Company before generate too much money from iPhone and now this is picture start broke and Apple has too much volume in Nasdaq index and it not good for all market.
2. Same bla bla bla about Brexit. No clear situation. No Brexit will be at all )))
3. Market wait earnings from Q4_18 and it second risk for market.

Pre market plan

Description: Yday NQ was much worst then other market and today I don`t wait same good up move.
Scenario1: Price PB to yday vol area and after fall down. Try to find same short around 6680.
Scenario2: Price fall down after open and next 5-30 min can be same side move. Look same delta resistance area.
Sceanrio3: Price came to yday sideway area 6680-6710 and have good support around 6680.

jonnytrade 
Moscow/Russia

I`am little busy with enother work and business BUT have same interest moment and idea how i can grow in trading during this time.

About first trading day
It was 4 trades with (-458$) PNL.
This is day exactly show me what iam not trade my plan!! This is mistake was one of the main mistake in 2018 year!

Next step to be better
1. Iam not trade during next 1-2 weeks and only look.
2. Main focus on pre market and post market view.
3. I think my previus pre market plan was good BUT not strong enough for check and accept.
My main idea:
During pre market plan i must prepare "Big picture" with potential news catalyst, europe,asia market and same important things for the trading day.
During post market view i must control my pre market plan and check for mistakes and what i can do better.
4. During this 1-2 weeks I look and draw my "Trading Zone" and "Delta area".

Today only picure for start ))

jonnytrade 
Moscow/Russia

From this post I`m start write my FIO journal trading every day, like it was in 2018!
Let`s go!

During January I work under another job and think what i can do better in my trading career? Previus year was good, but my goal it trade not like super scalping what i do last year. During January I look every day on chart and same price action model + reaction on same price. And how i told before I`m understand what I don`t trade my plan, I trade OrderFlow. In this year i will be change this concept and I wiil be first trade plan and OrderFlow use for chouse place ordrer and stop order.

I`m start today and I add on pre market plan exacltly buy/sell area where i will be do same action.
At the end of this post i want post my trading conception on 2019 year (3-step trade):

P.S. Link on my 2018 if sameone want understand who I`am

jonnytrade 
Moscow/Russia

Major info:
After Reatail Sales data was sell off momentum becouse data was worst in last 10 years. Today on EU and Asia market buyers also don`t want buy and sellers try to hold price under VWAP area. All this info give me view what seller scenario is prior for today BUT today last session day of US-China talks and on market can came same good news about deal.

Pre market plan:

Scenario1: Price go lower after open. In this case i will be wait same PB to 6980 and wait sell momentum;
Scenario2: Price open in range and go higher to VWAP area and 7020 area. Look same delta strong sell momentum;
Scenario3: Price after 2-3 hours will be walk around 6950 area and on market came same good news about trade deal. 6950 area is perfect to buy in this case.

Market recap:
Day comment
Market: It was low volatility day and wait info about US-China trade deal.
Trading: Wrong! My plan with 3 step trade was broke! Learn! Learn!

Market view

Description: Picture of intraday chart looks like my scenario2. And give me this chase to sell around 7020 BUT I not use it chance and start sell where I not plan do it!

Market context:

Description: Low volatility day with two Trading zone. Nothing interest!

Trading stat:
PNL: -495$
Win ratio: 33%
Risk/Reward: 0,78
Playbook ratio: 0%

P.S. Remember about Risk managment "3+1"

jonnytrade 
Moscow/Russia

Main info:
Yday iam little bit don`t understand market and with low volatility i was not clear what can be next step. Today we have same good news about trade deal. Europe index jump higher. And US index`s wait wait god info and may be last two day was not buy BUT not sell too.
Pre market plan:

Scenario1: Wait same PB to 7020 area without any strong sell presure. And wait same strong buy momentum with strong support area. If price fall under 7020 i will wait aroun 7000 and it will be last chance for buyer
Scenario2: Price open sideway move and 7050 must look like suuport area.
Scenario3: Price fall fast under 7050 area and long time (30-40 min) will be strong hold under 7050 with strong support area.

jonnytrade 
Moscow/Russia

Today is holiday and US market is close, I`m does not trade. This post about last Friday and what i can do better:

About Friday

Daily comment:
Market: NQ was much weaker then other market. That means when market start correct to down NQ potential can go faster and lower then other market. Other index`s ES, RTY, YM was too strong and has "Strong buy" day pattern.
Trading: Market was too slow BUT I`m try to sell like in my scenario2.

Market view

Description:
1. Wrong! Rule: "Plan your trade and trade your plan!"
2. Broke rule: "Risk managment 3+1" STOP do it!!!

Trading result:
PNL: -460$
Win ratio: 33%
Risk/Reward: 1,22
Playbook ratio: 0%

What I can
1. Problem: One good things about my trading area. Ex I`m sell i 7050 area. This good thing BUT qestion where this area ended?? 7058 or 7051?
Idea: This area must be dynamic by volatility. Example: If volatility 8-11 then area it +/-3$. That means before start trade I must understand where my "Trading area" start and end.
2. Don`t forget about RM "3+1" this is MUST BE my good habbit!

jonnytrade 
Moscow/Russia

Major info:
Market in low volatility mode. Yday i see same strong sellers around 7100 area and today we can continue go lower.
Today enough same economic stat and I must be very careful.

Pre-market plan:

Sceanrio1: After open I don`t see same big trades and price after small range move continue go lower. Look same resistance area around 7060 area
Scenario2: Price PB higher after open to test once more seller power. In this case i will be wait same reaction around 7080 area.
Sceanrio3: After re-test yday day low (double bottom) om market came same strong buyers with strong buy momentum around 7040 area.

jonnytrade 
Moscow/Russia

About yday:
It was fail day (-1000$) becouse i broke ALL my risk managment rule!! (((

Main info:
Price walk in sideway move 7000-7100 in low volatility mode. Today i more positive then negative.

Pre-market plan:

Sceanrio1: Re-test 7040 area (IB Week Low) and find support (may be like it was yday around 7010).
Scenrio2: After open price strong move up and in this case i will be wait PB to 7060.
Scenario3: Sell scenario if price go down under 7040 area and hold there with strong resisnatance area.

Last Updated on January 6, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts