NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Does someone has a selfmade PriceAlert indicator for Ninjatrader 8?

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Baoumbox with 3 posts (3 thanks)
    2. looks_two Tasker_182 with 2 posts (5 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ycomp with 1 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 1 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Tasker_182 with 2.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ycomp with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Baoumbox with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 3,325 views
    2. thumb_up 12 thanks given
    3. group 4 followers
    1. forum 7 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Does someone has a selfmade PriceAlert indicator for Ninjatrader 8?

Baoumbox
Quebec, Quebec , Canada

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 5

I'm searching the exact equivalent of the PriceAlert of NT7 since its not been made into NT8 yet. If someone has made a equivalent or better I would like to have it. If someone can do it, it would be great too.

Thank you

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,215
Thanks Received: 101,603

Conversion requests for NT7 to NT8 indicators go here

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Tasker_182 
Cedar Rapids, iowa
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Ninjatrader - Continuum
Thanks Given: 476
Thanks Received: 1,401

Baoumbox View Post
I'm searching the exact equivalent of the PriceAlert of NT7 since its not been made into NT8 yet. If someone has made a equivalent or better I would like to have it. If someone can do it, it would be great too.

Thank you

It likely would not be made because with NT8 you can now make a horizontal line and tie an alert to it. Take a look at chart alerts as there is a lot of capability they have added.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. Oscar Wilde
Thanked by:
Baoumbox
Quebec, Quebec , Canada

Tasker_182 View Post
It likely would not be made because with NT8 you can now make a horizontal line and tie an alert to it. Take a look at chart alerts as there is a lot of capability they have added.

Yes I found that we can do it too but it does do the same as the Pricealert. Correct me if I'm wrong but there's no way to put horizontal line back centered to the price everytimes you open NT or reload data. I want the alert to always be there but just being active when I move it and just reactivate itself when touched again. I've tried to figure out a way to bring back those features but didn't found one.

Thanked by:

Tasker_182 
Cedar Rapids, iowa
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Ninjatrader - Continuum
Thanks Given: 476
Thanks Received: 1,401

Baoumbox View Post
Yes I found that we can do it too but it does do the same as the Pricealert. Correct me if I'm wrong but there's no way to put horizontal line back centered to the price everytimes you open NT or reload data. I want the alert to always be there but just being active when I move it and just reactivate itself when touched again. I've tried to figure out a way to bring back those features but didn't found one.

I'm not quite sure I understand but you can tie the alerts to a number of actions regarding the line (or any drawn object actually). You can set it to never rearm or rearm after time or rearm on condition reversing, rearm after connection. Kind of like the strategies you also have to make sure it is enabled to begin with but then after should be good to go.

I created a short, no sound video where I created two lines and called them support and resistance with 2 alerts for each (Price cross above/below (close price)) and then pulled up an alerts log window. I ran market replay on 5 minute bars at a fast rate just to get the bars to cross the line. as you can see I move the lines a couple of times and each time the alerts moved with the lines as they should.

2015-10-19_1918 - T182's library

I think the alerts capability that has been added in is something that I haven't seen discussed much but then again it is all pretty new. Even though this example is a horizontal line, it can be applied to any draw object, circles, boxes diagonal lines. Pretty exciting stuff I think as it allows anyone w/o programming skills to create alerts/sounds/e-mail. Keep in mind this is still in beta though.

Hope this helps

Just noticed I labeled an alert incorrectly in terms of cross above/below, oh well just a demo.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. Oscar Wilde
Thanked by:
 choke35 
Germany

Platform: Other
Trading: ES, YM, 6E
Thanks Given: 5,101
Thanks Received: 6,558

Baoumbox View Post

The NT8 method for alerts is NinjaTrader 8
Based on the trigger, you add your lines, symbols, whatever in standard C#.
Samples given in the NT8 manual.

Thanked by:
Baoumbox
Quebec, Quebec , Canada

Tasker_182 View Post
I'm not quite sure I understand but you can tie the alerts to a number of actions regarding the line (or any drawn object actually). You can set it to never rearm or rearm after time or rearm on condition reversing, rearm after connection. Kind of like the strategies you also have to make sure it is enabled to begin with but then after should be good to go.

I created a short, no sound video where I created two lines and called them support and resistance with 2 alerts for each (Price cross above/below (close price)) and then pulled up an alerts log window. I ran market replay on 5 minute bars at a fast rate just to get the bars to cross the line. as you can see I move the lines a couple of times and each time the alerts moved with the lines as they should.

I think the alerts capability that has been added in is something that I haven't seen discussed much but then again it is all pretty new. Even though this example is a horizontal line, it can be applied to any draw object, circles, boxes diagonal lines. Pretty exciting stuff I think as it allows anyone w/o programming skills to create alerts/sounds/e-mail. Keep in mind this is still in beta though.

Hope this helps

Just noticed I labeled an alert incorrectly in terms of cross above/below, oh well just a demo.

Thank you for the video with the exemple Tasker! The problem with this method is because it trigger too much alerts and the horizontal lines are active at first while there. The things I try to bring back from the indicator Pricealert is the fact that the line was at the same price as the active instrument on connection of datafeed and I want it to be arm or rearm only when the line is ''touched or moved''. The alerts of NT8 bring new interesting features but still lack some options I need or maybe I don't see them yet.

I would like to know how to program other things than my microwave but for now its not my main project to learn ninjascript unfortunatly...

Thanked by:
ycomp
Europe-ish

Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 58

while I understand that you can add an alert to a line, it is a very cumbersome process.. in fact.. I'd hate to do it every time it is needed and all I can think of is to leave a pre-made line with alert configured already that I can just move around the chart as needed.. which is not really a great solution.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 20, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts