NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Wyckoff Trading Method

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one David_R with 263 posts (437 thanks)
    2. looks_two Gary Fullett with 190 posts (329 thanks)
    3. looks_3 supermht with 161 posts (171 thanks)
    4. looks_4 StockJock with 124 posts (101 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one DbPhoenix with 3.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two David_R with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Gary Fullett with 1.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 supermht with 1.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 785,729 views
    2. thumb_up 2,014 thanks given
    3. group 195 followers
    1. forum 1,411 posts
    2. attach_file 699 attachments

Search this Thread

Wyckoff Trading Method

Wyckofflegend
Saint Louis Missouri

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 2

Hi everyone I am a big wyckoff enthusiast I was wondering if anyone traffics this post any more I see there havent been very many posts recently. I have some thoughts on the wyckoff trading method I would love to share.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

Rrrracer 
On the road
Webinar Host
Trading Nomad

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradingView
Broker: Oanda
Trading: FX
Thanks Given: 17,582
Thanks Received: 9,752

Wyckofflegend View Post
Hi everyone I am a big wyckoff enthusiast I was wondering if anyone traffics this post any more I see there havent been very many posts recently. I have some thoughts on the wyckoff trading method I would love to share.

If you post it, they will come Go for it man..

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Wyckofflegend
Saint Louis Missouri

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 2

Cool, I saw a post on about page 90 about the ever elusive book the Wyckoff Secrets Revealed that was written by the late Craig Schroeder that details the Wyckoff Indicators, The OP, Force and Technometer and Momentum. I was wondering if there was any information in regards to this book or if anyone here has it? I have heard that only four people in the world have the book and I would like to construct these indicators if possible. I guess I am curious if anyone has heard of these indicators or has any experience using them?

Thanked by:
 CookieMonsta 
Singapore

Experience: None
Platform: MetaTrader 4
Trading: Spot Forex
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 58

Hi, my take on wyckoff is, his main methodology is on sensing for accumulation and distribution formations, rather than simple up thrust and stuff like that.

It works pretty well to be honest and i do borrow some of his concepts mainly the accumulation and distribution, the marking up and down phase. The key really is being able to properly classify what stage of the market it is currently in, rather than looking specifically for certain types of price action.

Next is the wave charts, but actually to be honest, its not much use as, by understanding how to read price action and developing a good feel for how price moves would already help you get in plenty well. So the wave charts and price action are sort of the same thing.

There is also general conditions, which he mention in his books. This would be fundamentals. So in truth these legends trade by mainly taking technical analysis, buffered by some fundamental analysis to see if price is agreeing with fundamentals.

And here, what i mean by technical analysis is simply the reading and analysis of price and time and volume, rather than indicators only.

Finally, if you want to understand wyckoff, try to read up on jesse livermore and wd gann, there are reportd they know each other's styles of trading and may have influenced each other.

There was interview off gann by wyckoff about his trading strategy, so yea (cant post the link as my post count is not high enough)

Thanked by:
genkigenki
boston US

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

CookieMonsta View Post
Hi, my take on wyckoff is, his main methodology is on sensing for accumulation and distribution formations, rather than simple up thrust and stuff like that.

It works pretty well to be honest and i do borrow some of his concepts mainly the accumulation and distribution, the marking up and down phase. The key really is being able to properly classify what stage of the market it is currently in, rather than looking specifically for certain types of price action.

Next is the wave charts, but actually to be honest, its not much use as, by understanding how to read price action and developing a good feel for how price moves would already help you get in plenty well. So the wave charts and price action are sort of the same thing.

There is also general conditions, which he mention in his books. This would be fundamentals. So in truth these legends trade by mainly taking technical analysis, buffered by some fundamental analysis to see if price is agreeing with fundamentals.

And here, what i mean by technical analysis is simply the reading and analysis of price and time and volume, rather than indicators only.

Finally, if you want to understand wyckoff, try to read up on jesse livermore and wd gann, there are reportd they know each other's styles of trading and may have influenced each other.

There was interview off gann by wyckoff about his trading strategy, so yea (cant post the link as my post count is not high enough)

Is anybody still actively trading with Wyckoff methodology and would like to discuss and swap some ideas. I have been studying for around 6 months now and would like some insight of other peoples takes? Let me know.

Thanks

Gary Fullett   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 85
Thanks Received: 375

I have been using Wyckoff since 1981 so Wyckoff is a great way to look at markets
I am a former CME member and used it while on the trading floor

I have taught his methodology on the bet since 1995

6 months is a good start learn and ask questions

all the best

Gary Fullett

There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures and options. Past performance is not indicative of future results. The opinions expressed here are those of Gary Fullett, and are not to be taken as a recommendation to buy or sell commodity futures or options. This is for educational purposes only.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
arman77
amsterdam

Thanks Received: 1

Hi everyone where is the best place to start wyckoff?

books
pdfs
any video tutorials

thank you

arman77
amsterdam

the reason i ask is not because of I didn't search I searched and found so much courses and books but they will take years to finish I just looking for the best some say ict some say wyckoff analytics I'm so confused

thank you again

David_R 
San Jose, Ca
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: Something moving
Thanks Given: 2,335
Thanks Received: 2,524

arman77 View Post
the reason i ask is not because of I didn't search I searched and found so much courses and books but they will take years to finish I just looking for the best some say ict some say wyckoff analytics I'm so confused

thank you again

I suggest Gary Dayton's chart reading course. His website is tradingpsychologyedge.com. not sure if live courses are scheduled, but I think you can get the recording. Its all about reading a chart without indicatirs as well as making a plan etc.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
arman77
amsterdam

David_R View Post
I suggest Gary Dayton's chart reading course. His website is tradingpsychologyedge.com. not sure if live courses are scheduled, but I think you can get the recording. Its all about reading a chart without indicatirs as well as making a plan etc.

thank you I will start with that

Thanked by:

Last Updated on November 12, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts