NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Today, I lost my savings and my career

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one MiniP with 10 posts (33 thanks)
    2. looks_two Anagami with 10 posts (53 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Grantx with 7 posts (36 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Onisowo with 5 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one captainquenta with 14 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Anagami with 5.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Grantx with 5.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 MiniP with 3.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 30,414 views
    2. thumb_up 233 thanks given
    3. group 53 followers
    1. forum 110 posts
    2. attach_file 4 attachments

Search this Thread

Today, I lost my savings and my career

pavanb15589
Bangalore+India

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 26

Grantx View Post
Found this on Reddit last night soon after the vote. Not sure if its legit but still sounds traumatic.

A really successful Hedge Fund Trader from an extremely successful Hedge Fund, quit the Hedge Fund, opened his own, collected about 100 Million and lost it all and returned about 100K to all the investors and said "Sorry".

You know 20K is not huge as I have lost 30K when I wasnt even earning and for an Indian, 30K is equal to 6 Years of Salary. What do you do..? You just know that there is nothing below this and climb back up. All you are doing is restarting at the bottom and its a good thing because suffering makes you stronger.
Go ahead and consider tomorrow to be a new life and start.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
About a successful futures trader who didnt know anythin …
Psychology and Money Management
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

MiguelCoast 
Lisbon Portugal

Experience: None
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 50

Plan of action

1- call your broker and ask to block your account for at least 3 months.

2- find a job non related to trading and work as many hours as possible to value all the money you make

3- if You want to come back to trading again in 3/6 months invest in big cap stocks ( MSFT, amz, etc)

4- only come back to futures when You are willing to lose for example 20k and that Does not affect You significantly ( monetary and emotionally)

5- if find all of this overwhelming seek professional help. You may start going to an AA meeting and Everytime you hear the word "alcohol" replace it with "trading" , you will learn a lot about yourself.

Take care and don't do nothing stupidd

Miguel

Thanked by:

Riverend 
Westlake, Oh

Experience: Beginner
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 1,519
Thanks Received: 220

@Grantx
I to suffer from depression. You have to get this taken care of right away. When your in this state all decisions you make are directly or indirectly the result of your depression. I learned the hard way.

Thanked by:
 Grantx 
Reading UK
Legendary no drama Llama

Thanks Given: 2,826
Thanks Received: 5,059

Riverend View Post
@Grantx
I to suffer from depression. You have to get this taken care of right away. When your in this state all decisions you make are directly or indirectly the result of your depression. I learned the hard way.

It wasnt me. I found that post on Reddit.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Scottiep 
Green Bay, WI

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 29
Thanks Received: 35

The reasons you cite, are precisely the reason I finally quit after 11 years. Retail Traders- Paper- get eaten alive by Institutional Traders. Odds of making money: 3% to 10%, at best. It's a fool's game. Stay out of it. Destroyed my "life" as well. Dishonest, corrupt "business". The 'trading gurus' trade in SIM and make money off their Bullsh*t 'classes. Day Trading should be taught be Universities with accreditation so a new trader knows the truth, and the obvious risks. The gurus have one thing in common: they all lie.

Anagami 
Bangkok, Thailand
Legendary Hedge Fund Trader

Experience: Master
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 707
Thanks Received: 2,300

Scottiep View Post
The reasons you cite, are precisely the reason I finally quit after 11 years. Retail Traders- Paper- get eaten alive by Institutional Traders. Odds of making money: 3% to 10%, at best. It's a fool's game. Stay out of it. Destroyed my "life" as well. Dishonest, corrupt "business". The 'trading gurus' trade in SIM and make money off their Bullsh*t 'classes. Day Trading should be taught be Universities with accreditation so a new trader knows the truth, and the obvious risks. The gurus have one thing in common: they all lie.

I am happy to see that your lack of success left no marks of bitterness and anger on your mind.

You are never in the wrong place... but sometimes you are in the right place looking at things in the wrong way.
Thanked by:
 Grantx 
Reading UK
Legendary no drama Llama

Thanks Given: 2,826
Thanks Received: 5,059

Scottiep View Post

Trying to buy your knowledge from educators doesn't work. I agree. The market itself is not a scam though. It represents opportunity for a daytrader and I feel that as a small time speculator, I have certain advantages over larger hedge funds and money managers.

You should read Roger Lowenstein - America’s Bank: The Epic Struggle to Create the Federal Reserve

You'll realise how important money and the market is.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Scottiep 
Green Bay, WI

Anagami View Post
I am happy to see that your lack of success left no marks of bitterness and anger on your mind.

When 90%-97% of Day Traders lose money, and have for almost 30 years- documented- yet we are sold a bill of goods by dishonest people who often use 'God' and Jesus' and 'Christianity' in their sales pitch, just to line their own pockets, the Truth should be made known to help other trader 'wannabes' to avoid this scam. If YOU have a proven method that works, please share it with me, or the other members as I can assure you'll be helping 90% of the 'Day Traders' who have experienced major loss at the hands of very unscrupulous dishonest Liars. I'd love to learn from an honest source. If you can share- please do so and prove to us it really can be done. You'll be helping many!! Thanks in advance!

Thanked by:

Scottiep 
Green Bay, WI

But risk capital is gone

Riverend 
Westlake, Oh

Experience: Beginner
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 1,519
Thanks Received: 220

Grantx View Post
It wasnt me. I found that post on Reddit.

Sorry for the confussion

Last Updated on December 9, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts