NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Today, I lost my savings and my career

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Anagami with 10 posts (53 thanks)
    2. looks_two MiniP with 10 posts (33 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Grantx with 7 posts (36 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Onisowo with 5 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one captainquenta with 14 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Anagami with 5.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Grantx with 5.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 MiniP with 3.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 30,302 views
    2. thumb_up 233 thanks given
    3. group 53 followers
    1. forum 110 posts
    2. attach_file 4 attachments

Search this Thread

Today, I lost my savings and my career

centaurer 
south africa

MiniP View Post
its all gambling to an extent, the whole point of an edge is to put things in your favor slightly but there is still a probability that you are wrong.. probabilities = gambling.

-P

I would refine that to say that gambling is betting money on uncertain outcomes.
So of course all business, trading, poker, slots are gambling.

It is really of false dichotomy IMO to separate winning gambling from losing gambling.

I mean the field of probability was founded on the analysis of gambling, dice and games of chance.

There was also an amazing marketting job from the mutual fund industry to separate the idea of investment from gambling. No one of my grandmother's generation would disagree with the idea that trading in the stock market is gambling.

I am a gambler, so are you and so is anyone possibly reading this. No one is going to find "futures.io" who is not looking to bet money on uncertain outcomes.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
PowerLanguage & EasyLanguage. How to get the platfor …
EasyLanguage Programming

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
Onisowo
Ocala, Florida

Thanks Given: 69
Thanks Received: 41

I would disagree.....with the correct information and specific certainties its is no longer a gamble....regardless of lacking 100 percent probability of price direction.....gamblers execute with poor informations......this trade was not a gamble my friend.....

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Onisowo
Ocala, Florida

One contract.....decision made using technicals and fundamentals.....with no emotion......yes its demo....I am in training

MiniP 
USA,USA
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES,
Thanks Given: 1,109
Thanks Received: 2,943

Onisowo View Post
I would disagree.....with the correct information and specific certainties its is no longer a gamble....regardless of lacking 100 percent probability of price direction.....gamblers execute with poor informations......this trade was not a gamble my friend.....Attachment 261853

it is always a gamble my friend, your trading gold what if some unexpected news came up and people sold the haven asset's ? Your edge would then in turn be wrong this time, it happens! It will happen be prepared for it. You could buy every time price p/b to the ema you use and it work a handful of times then it not work the next 5 times its trading.. stop marrying your edge and thinking you cant be wrong because you lined a few indicators up and won some trades.

we all lose anyone who says they don't is full of shit any guru who says they are the best because they win every time is full of shit, just win more then you lose and you'll be fine or win bigger then you lose and youll be fine.

-P

"Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie"-Miyamoto Musashi
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Onisowo
Ocala, Florida

I guess it all boils down to what the word gamble means....

I would not call Stanley Drukenmiller's 30 year winning streak successful gambling at all.

MiniP 
USA,USA
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES,
Thanks Given: 1,109
Thanks Received: 2,943

Onisowo View Post
I guess it all boils down to what the word gamble means....

I would not call Stanley Drukenmiller's 30 year winning streak successful gambling at all.

And he closed his fund in 2010 due to failure to produce.... I would say his edge ran out.

-P

"Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie"-Miyamoto Musashi
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 vsltradr 
Boise, Idaho/United Sates

Experience: Advanced
Trading: CL, 6E, 6J, GC, ES
Thanks Given: 38
Thanks Received: 23

centaurer View Post
I would refine that to say that gambling is betting money on uncertain outcomes.
So of course all business, trading, poker, slots are gambling.

It is really of false dichotomy IMO to separate winning gambling from losing gambling.

I mean the field of probability was founded on the analysis of gambling, dice and games of chance.

There was also an amazing marketting job from the mutual fund industry to separate the idea of investment from gambling. No one of my grandmother's generation would disagree with the idea that trading in the stock market is gambling.

I am a gambler, so are you and so is anyone possibly reading this. No one is going to find "futures.io" who is not looking to bet money on uncertain outcomes.

For the purpose of trading, this is not a very useful definition as it describes anything with an uncertain outcome, which is everything...and the behavior of both a winning trader AND a losing trader.

The point was to differentiate between trading behavior that has a probable winning outcome versus a probable losing outcome. Perhaps 'advantage gambling' is a more useful term.

Thanked by:
trader14
Denver, CO

Thanks Given: 78
Thanks Received: 65

MiniP View Post
its all gambling to an extent, the whole point of an edge is to put things in your favor slightly but there is still a probability that you are wrong.. probabilities = gambling.

-P

I'd agree, "Trading is Gambling". I mentioned I only trade when & let me add "I Think" I have an edge. That alone won't guarantee success. An edge, any edge over time simply stops working. Markets change. An edge is worthless without risk management. When friends hear about me trading, they say "Oh, so your basically gambling". They don't understand risk reward, identifying trends, letting go of fear...yada, yada, yada.. Trading is a damn science and the markets is a gold mine for those who apply it properly.

Thanked by:
ender41
MONTREAL

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 4

I got this from somewhere
"if you can't turn 1000 dollars into 10,000. Then you will certainly turn 100,000 to 1000"

I wish I read this before I made some big blunders. I was a big time noob, still am.
Learn from your mistakes.

Thanked by:

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Trading: ZN, ZB, CL
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 217
Thanks Received: 990

He'll be back. That's addictive behavior just like taking drugs until they kill you.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on December 9, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts