NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

My Gauntlet journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one RDK91 with 186 posts (474 thanks)
    2. looks_two dyst with 30 posts (22 thanks)
    3. looks_3 oneuptrader with 15 posts (6 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Yukoner with 14 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one RDK91 with 2.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two KillerJukeBox with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Yukoner with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 dyst with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 56,942 views
    2. thumb_up 617 thanks given
    3. group 47 followers
    1. forum 355 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

My Gauntlet journal

RDK91 
Antwerp

Closed early (1213.1), looking at the 1 hour chart it looks like there is going to be some resistance around the 1214 level and i do not want to hold the trade over the weekend.

Total profit for today 1260$, the best trade (short CL at 59.77, take profit at 59.27) was just 1 contract.
It is a good thing that i have moved my risk:reward from 1:1 to 1:1,5, for november so far my win rate is just 48% but i still made some profit.

Edit: perfect call to close out early, stop would have been hit.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
PowerLanguage & EasyLanguage. How to get the platfor …
EasyLanguage Programming
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
30 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
 RDK91 
Antwerp

Unable to trade yesterday.

For today, i have made 850$ in profits, could have been more since i accidentally closed my trade on NG to early.
However i am not complaining, back to an all time high for my Gauntlet.

RDK91 
Antwerp

Busy day for me today, had a few other jobs to do so only 1 trade in between these tasks while i had some free time.

Made 460$ profit on a short in CL. I now have reached the 10% target in the Gauntlet.
I will be trading as normal until the end of the Gauntlet since i want to try to get the best offer possible.

pfsthib 
Sulphur, LA USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 37
Thanks Received: 82

RDK91 View Post
Busy day for me today, had a few other jobs to do so only 1 trade in between these tasks while i had some free time.

Made 460$ profit on a short in CL. I now have reached the 10% target in the Gauntlet.
I will be trading as normal until the end of the Gauntlet since i want to try to get the best offer possible.

That's awesome. Congrats!!

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:
 lancelottrader 
west palm beach florida usa
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ninja trader
Broker: Optimus Futures/ Rithmic
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 1,113
Thanks Received: 5,386

RDK91 View Post

Good job.

Failure is not an option
Thanked by:
 RDK91 
Antwerp

Little time to give updates.

Thursday a small 260$ profit before commission, struggling day for me.
After commission 197,84$.

No trades on Friday.

RDK91 
Antwerp

What a day, at one point i was down 1100$, i managed to recover and ended the day with 480$ profit.
My last trade was already a few hours ago, i decided to stop trading after my last trade, which also is the most profitable trade i have made so far (980$ on a short NG).

The other trades where mainly on CL, 2 losers and 1 winner for a total of -400$, and 1 other short on NG for -100$.
After i decided to stop trading for the day there have been a few more signals however i wanted to take the rest of the day to relax a bit after a few intense trades.

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: IB and free NT
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,509
Thanks Received: 2,593

RDK91 View Post
What a day, at one point i was down 1100$, i managed to recover and ended the day with 480$ profit.
My last trade was already a few hours ago, i decided to stop trading after my last trade, which also is the most profitable trade i have made so far (980$ on a short NG).

The other trades where mainly on CL, 2 losers and 1 winner for a total of -400$, and 1 other short on NG for -100$.
After i decided to stop trading for the day there have been a few more signals however i wanted to take the rest of the day to relax a bit after a few intense trades.

Glad you ended positive.
two days back you posted that you had made your 10% and were going to take is easy.

What's up?

peace, love and joy to you
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 RDK91 
Antwerp

aquarian1 View Post
Glad you ended positive.
two days back you posted that you had made your 10% and were going to take is easy.

What's up?

I think i said i will be trading as normal until the end of the Gauntlet since i want to try to get the best offer possible.

The Gauntlet is not only about reaching the 10%, but also about trading 60 day's. I could take the easy way out and stop trading now (1 trade per week), however i want to show that i have a consistent and profitable strategy, that i can handle these extreme volatility in the commodities right now and that my system is solid enough to recover from a draw down or a bad day. If i would have been a discretionary trader i would have tilted a long time ago

Things have been far from perfect, but it could have been much much worse.

Comeback King 
Tampa, FL/USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradingView
Trading: NQ, ES
Thanks Given: 191
Thanks Received: 382

Congrats on hitting the Gauntlet goal and continuing to trade, seems to me like you're making a very professional decision to keep trading!

I love that you trade NG. I've been interested in NG for a long time, and I personally think it would be really cool to trade NG but I've never quite "got it". I'm pretty familiar with CL but it seems to me that CL and NG behave quite differently. Anyway, I'm glad you worked them out and are trading profitably!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 16, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts