NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

My Gauntlet journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one RDK91 with 186 posts (474 thanks)
    2. looks_two dyst with 30 posts (22 thanks)
    3. looks_3 oneuptrader with 15 posts (6 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Yukoner with 14 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one RDK91 with 2.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two KillerJukeBox with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Yukoner with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 dyst with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 56,480 views
    2. thumb_up 617 thanks given
    3. group 47 followers
    1. forum 355 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

My Gauntlet journal

RDK91 
Antwerp

matthew28 View Post
Nicely done. I assume that means they have offered you the full 80% profit split? (Looking at their website it seems an offer has a potential range of 60 - 80%, if I understood it correctly).

Yes, i have 80% profit split .

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: IB and free NT
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,509
Thanks Received: 2,593

congrats on passing your Gauntlet.

I hope you keep us updated on your earnings received as you go along.
Over the years there have been many versions TST, Oneup (?) and gauntlet but we never seem to hear from people after they pass a challenge.

best of luck.

peace, love and joy to you
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 RDK91 
Antwerp

aquarian1 View Post
congrats on passing your Gauntlet.

I hope you keep us updated on your earnings received as you go along.
Over the years there have been many versions TST, Oneup (?) and gauntlet but we never seem to hear from people after they pass a challenge.

best of luck.

I will keep updating here or in a new thread for the Helios account since the Gauntlet and the funded account are 2 completely different things provided by 2 different companies.

Anyway, if i make it and withdraw some money you will be able to read it on this forum

I agree there are loads of threads about Gauntlets, TST and OneUp but no one ever follows up on them. There were 3 just recently on this forum, all stopped updating after a few day's.

I assume they probably all blew up and never passed the challenge in the first place or blew up right after. Thats a shame really since posting your mistakes could be an excellent way to learn from them, certainly better than running away from them

dyst 
Singapore

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, Sierra, MT4
Trading: ES, CL, NG, XAUUSD, USDJPY
Thanks Given: 75
Thanks Received: 91

Well done! Phenomenal good trader

Btw for some reason my ES trades went so bad recently.
I keep getting stopped despite obeying the system. On other hand CL is now the best performing (used to be ES).

Had internet problems again, got back panicked and messed up. Doubt I can do well anymore just wondering if i shld reset... i thght i had until 17 April but I just checked it is 11 (not 17) must have seen wrongly when tired.

RDK91 View Post
Just 1 trade today and going to call it a day, i have missed a few other trades today but it really doesn't matter anymore since i am well beyond my target already and as i have mentioned earlier, i wanne spend some quality time with my son since he has no school this week, it would be stupid to waste that time looking at my charts all day while there is no real reason to do so.

Total profit for today $201,12

Numbers work... Magic lies in the numbers
Thanked by:

dyst 
Singapore

Platform: NinjaTrader, Sierra, MT4
Trading: ES, CL, NG, XAUUSD, USDJPY
Thanks Given: 75
Thanks Received: 91

TY Bro

I will check your thread. I love hearing your updates!

RDK91 View Post
I will keep updating here or in a new thread for the Helios account since the Gauntlet and the funded account are 2 completely different things provided by 2 different companies.

Anyway, if i make it and withdraw some money you will be able to read it on this forum

I agree there are loads of threads about Gauntlets, TST and OneUp but no one ever follows up on them. There were 3 just recently on this forum, all stopped updating after a few day's.

I assume they probably all blew up and never passed the challenge in the first place or blew up right after. Thats a shame really since posting your mistakes could be an excellent way to learn from them, certainly better than running away from them

Numbers work... Magic lies in the numbers
Thanked by:
emini2000
Atlanta GA USA

Thanks Given: 70
Thanks Received: 271

RDK91 View Post
There is a reason for me for why i would prefer to get the first 5K with E2T instead of with Helios.
I can't really go in to much detail, however if Ryan is unable to find a solution i will probably just start with Helios and skip the live sim.

Dude! Don't show your hand! You just let them know they don't have to offer you a solution and can send you right to Helios. Well, too late now.

Quoting 
will keep updating here or in a new thread for the Helios account since the Gauntlet and the funded account are 2 completely different things provided by 2 different companies.

Be sure to put a link in here if you decide to start a new thread for it.

KillerJukeBox 
Dublin

Platform: Ninjatrader, Tastytrade
Broker: Ninjatrader Brokerage, IBKR, Tastytrade,
Trading: MNQ,MES. Stocks, Stock options
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 95

RDK91 View Post

Were here, just not posting. I'l probably have to do something about that, but ive had lots of changes in my life (got a new job, visiting Seattle next week for 3 weeks to get trained )

I'm 4 weeks into my gauntlet attempt with current balance at ~$34k. had a +$4.2k day on friday on NQ and RTY (1 lots) , which was insane. Completely automated my algo and running it on a google cloud server instance in South Carolina. V happy so far.

I'm also in EU, so interesting to see how my offer pans out with E2T/Helios....

edit: if anyone else is interested in automating their algos , i'd recommend getting google cloud's free trial and getting a compute engine instance running . it's what i'm using, $300 free credit for 12 months. My instance is essentially free for 6 months or so!

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

srgtroy 
Los Angeles, California Republic
Legendary  R.I.P. 1965-2023 

Experience: None
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: CQG
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,375
Thanks Received: 3,722

KillerJukeBox View Post
Were here, just not posting. I'l probably have to do something about that, but ive had lots of changes in my life (got a new job, visiting Seattle next week for 3 weeks to get trained )

I'm 4 weeks into my gauntlet attempt with current balance at ~$34k. had a +$4.2k day on friday on NQ and RTY (1 lots) , which was insane. Completely automated my algo and running it on a google cloud server instance in South Carolina. V happy so far.

edit: if anyone else is interested in automating their algos , i'd recommend getting google cloud's free trial and getting a compute engine instance running . it's what i'm using, $300 free credit for 12 months. My instance is essentially free for 6 months or so!

I was just gonna ask you how much your Google cloud server costs. What software are u running and what kind of resources does your instance have? Congrats on those results, btw.

R.I.P. Roy Goldberg (srgtroy), 1965-2023.
Please visit [url="https://nexusfi.com/off-topic/60226-srgtroy-r-i-p-brotha.html[/url] for more information.
emini2000
Atlanta GA USA

Thanks Given: 70
Thanks Received: 271

KillerJukeBox View Post

Are you posting a journal of your Gauntlet in a thread?

KillerJukeBox 
Dublin

Platform: Ninjatrader, Tastytrade
Broker: Ninjatrader Brokerage, IBKR, Tastytrade,
Trading: MNQ,MES. Stocks, Stock options
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 95

Thanks Troy,

1vCPU , 4.5GB RAM and 50GB storage.

Windows server 2019 datacenter (this leased license is costing around $29/mo worth of credits.)

Ninjatrader 8 x64 bit running on it with my strategy and only the minimum scripts they rely on. reasonably lightweight, but I honestly wish there was a way I could use Ninjatrader from a commandline and kill the damn GUI completely, (or better still run it on a webserver!).

you could get away with 3GB RAM easily if you don't want to do any backtesting/intensive stuff. I'l probably shave some RAM off soon personally. vCPUs and storage are the most costly things apart from the license.

I'l probably migrate to a custom image with a trial win server license or something eventually, but i'm being lazy for now. I normally leave the instance on 24/7 and trade after market, and turn it off at weekends. Will likely schedule shutdown at end of session once I get funded as I understand helios doesn't let you trade after EOD.

below are costs before the discount:

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 16, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts