NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

My $150.000 TST Trading Combine

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one allsensi with 10 posts (9 thanks)
    2. looks_two pvetrader with 7 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tr8er with 5 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 jdrower with 2 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one permeant with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two nirvikalpasamadhi with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 matthew28 with 1.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 allsensi with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 6,579 views
    2. thumb_up 21 thanks given
    3. group 8 followers
    1. forum 32 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments

Search this Thread

My $150.000 TST Trading Combine

allsensi 
Madrid Spain

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Continuum
Trading: ES CL
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 17

DjRonin View Post
Amigo como consejo que te quiero dar.. primero Suerte con pasar tu Combine... y segundo deja que tus ganadores lleguen a tu meta y saca tus perdedores lo antes posible. Si confias en ti y en tus decisiones no dejes que tu ganancia sea solo una parte de lo que estableciste resonable. Dejalo correr hasta el fondo o hasta el tope amigo. Si quieres asegurarte una ganancia de dos contratos deja uno fijo y mueve tu SL al cerrarse el primero y uno siguelo moviendo tu stop loss de acuerdo con el movimiento del precio. Aprende a darle mas tiempo a los ganadores que a los perdedores porque lo estas haciendo al reves. Nadie quiere perder y dejan sus perdedores comerlos vivos y muchos traders se conforman con ganar "algo": esta equacion te mata, no puedes sobrevivir a ella. Si el precio te tira un pique inesperado mala suerte y nada mas, pero no vivas con el miedo de eso.. tienes que estar con los bigs.

Thanks a lot for your support and ur words, I definitely have to work in my psichology side and let the winners run, I think I can read the markets fairly well, at least is a first step. I will be posting evolution here.

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
48 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
35 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
25 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
 allsensi 
Madrid Spain

DjRonin View Post
Amigo como consejo que te quiero dar.. primero Suerte con pasar tu Combine... y segundo deja que tus ganadores lleguen a tu meta y saca tus perdedores lo antes posible. Si confias en ti y en tus decisiones no dejes que tu ganancia sea solo una parte de lo que estableciste resonable. Dejalo correr hasta el fondo o hasta el tope amigo. Si quieres asegurarte una ganancia de dos contratos deja uno fijo y mueve tu SL al cerrarse el primero y uno siguelo moviendo tu stop loss de acuerdo con el movimiento del precio. Aprende a darle mas tiempo a los ganadores que a los perdedores porque lo estas haciendo al reves. Nadie quiere perder y dejan sus perdedores comerlos vivos y muchos traders se conforman con ganar "algo": esta equacion te mata, no puedes sobrevivir a ella. Si el precio te tira un pique inesperado mala suerte y nada mas, pero no vivas con el miedo de eso.. tienes que estar con los bigs.

Respondo en inglés para que todo el mundo pueda entenderlo, pero ha sido un detalle por tu parte y n privilegio leerte en mi idioma, no es lo habitual en este mundo del trading. Mil gracias y un saludo desde España.

Thanked by:
 allsensi 
Madrid Spain

Ok, new combine due to time difference between Chicago and Madrid.
Did not know something was changing in USA regarding hour difference and thus broke the rule of not trading after 15:10 pm Chicago.
No comments...

Thanked by:
DjRonin
La Serena - Chile

Thanks Given: 51
Thanks Received: 92

Suerte amigo. Esta vez serà LA VEZ!

allsensi 
Madrid Spain

DjRonin View Post
Suerte amigo. Esta vez serà LA VEZ!

Gracias! he procurado no enfadarme mucho y ademas he hecho un buen dia.
Thanks, i tried not to get too upset and on top of that I did a good day.

SBtrader82   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 222
Thanks Received: 1,333

Hey I've just seen your posts about Top Step trader program.
I was wondering if you finally passed the TST and if you are trading with TST.
I am doing the combine now, it's now a two step process.

It's quite difficult and above all the trailing drawdown rule is quite misleading.
Above all I am wondering how to manage the account once I get founded, because the trailing drawdown is then computed intraday on the "open profit".
This seems to me extremely tricky.

Thanks for your reply

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 jdrower 
Alameda, CA

Platform: Sierracharts
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 177
Thanks Received: 30

SamJames View Post

It's quite difficult and above all the trailing drawdown rule is quite misleading.
Above all I am wondering how to manage the account once I get founded, because the trailing drawdown is then computed intraday on the "open profit".

Thanks for your reply

Sam
I'm not with TST. They couldn't get their stories straight. The trading was more difficult with them than a regular broker. For me it was easier going with a discount broker, opening an account with $3k and trading super-super cautiously for 4-5 months before adding extra contracts. Paper trading is ok up to a point and as Big Mike has said, the method I've just described is a better way to go.
Cheers
JD

Thanked by:

SBtrader82   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 222
Thanks Received: 1,333

jdrower View Post
Sam
I'm not with TST. They couldn't get their stories straight. The trading was more difficult with them than a regular broker. For me it was easier going with a discount broker, opening an account with $3k and trading super-super cautiously for 4-5 months before adding extra contracts. Paper trading is ok up to a point and as Big Mike has said, the method I've just described is a better way to go.
Cheers
JD

Thanks a lot for the reply! I'm having the exact same feeling....I think that since you did it they also changed the rules to make it more difficult!
The drawdown is computed intraday on open position, basically if you let your winners run and they move a lot in your favor and you don't close the position at the max of the day, you are already in a drawdown.
You can end up the day with +7000USD and maybe your are in a drawdown of 3000.
I think they are a serious and legit company, but the rules seem really difficult to follow.

I'm glad I am not the only one who had the same feeling.

SAM

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 jdrower 
Alameda, CA

Platform: Sierracharts
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 177
Thanks Received: 30

Sam
That's nice that you think they're serious and legit. There are many who believe most of their income is from the set up fee and if anyone has a streak until . . .

Let us know how it works out, whatever you do.
JD

SamJames View Post
Thanks a lot for the reply! I'm having the exact same feeling....I think that since you did it they also changed the rules to make it more difficult!
The drawdown is computed intraday on open position, basically if you let your winners run and they move a lot in your favor and you don't close the position at the max of the day, you are already in a drawdown.
You can end up the day with +7000USD and maybe your are in a drawdown of 3000.
I think they are a serious and legit company, but the rules seem really difficult to follow.

I'm glad I am not the only one who had the same feeling.

SAM

allsensi 
Madrid Spain

SamJames View Post

Thanks for your reply

I did successfully pass the combine, got funded, made some money, withdraw a good lot, let the account with a minimum, lost the account and started another combine - with a good bunch of money in the bank - and I am in step 2.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 5, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts