NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Cloud.MarketDelta.com Cloud Based Platform

Discussion in Platforms and Indicators

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one MarketDelta with 36 posts (55 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 18 posts (23 thanks)
    3. looks_3 mattz with 18 posts (25 thanks)
    4. looks_4 tturner86 with 13 posts (14 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one MarketDelta with 1.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mattz with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 tturner86 with 1.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 49,914 views
    2. thumb_up 142 thanks given
    3. group 32 followers
    1. forum 149 posts
    2. attach_file 3 attachments

Search this Thread

Cloud.MarketDelta.com Cloud Based Platform

cogito 
Washington DC

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: InvestorRT
Broker: TD Ameritrade, AMP/CQG
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 74
Thanks Received: 269

steve2222 View Post
@cogito

Thanks. You must be a scalper to be worried about the risk of a liitle bit of an increase in latency. Look at my profile out to the LHS of this post and note where I live - I can only dream about the lack of latency where you live. But in any event my trading style is not going to be impacted by it. Rather, the cloud will give me huge benefits as my biggest risk being so far away is losing internet connection with the USA and maybe even phone connection at the same time.

You make a good business case for Cloud Solution.

From my perspective, cost is the same whether you are a scalper or a position trader. If the average slippage is half a tick, it really doesnt matter whether I trade 100 1-lot orders or 1 100-lot order.

steve2222 View Post
@cogito

Just as an aside a TT representative posted the following comment on another forum suggesting overall latency is actually improved overall compared to their other platforms:
"This platform's automated trading components (Autospreader, ADL, and custom code algos) are significantly faster than X_TRADER. For example, in our lab, autospreader hedge latency for X_TRADER is 315us while for TT it's 110us. On "nirvana" setups, they are 260us and 60us respectively. We expect that latency on a "nirvana" setup to be closer to 40us by the end of the year."

I believe that only applies to back-end. Unless I am sitting in a data center....

steve2222 View Post
@cogito

and this from TT's product web page:

"All orders entered through TT execute on co-located servers for ultra-low-latency performance. In fact, tests show the new architecture performs faster than TT's existing technology. And TT provides transparency into internal latency numbers so you can adjust and optimize performance."

Of course, that's the advantage of co-location. That is why algos are co-located.

For us mortals, the real comparison of order execution should be between

Desktop --> Exchange

vs

Thin-Client (Cloud Solution) -> Cloud Server -> Exchange

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
24 thanks
The Program
17 thanks

mattz   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,440
Thanks Received: 3,789

cogito View Post
I intend to visually inspect both DOMs are keeping. There is no way for me to test the order execution differences for me.

The point I am trying to make is, my desktop DOM (MarketDelta Trader) is directly connected to CQG, so the orders are sent directly to CQG from my desktop. If I am not wrong, the Cloud DOM order first goes to the Cloud Servers and then to CQG. Someone has to measure the latency penalty.

Yes, actual execution would really be better than theoretical arguments about latency.
But again, I think you are wrong as far as order execution and data, all orders go to the exchange.
I think the cloud is just used for your settings.
Your concern was actually something that I thought about with other cloud solution before this thread created, but the more I talk to the tech guys that support cloud infrastructure, the more I realize that they also thought of these issues and they do send orders to the exchange.

I find it interesting that you use MarketDelta Trader because Trevor would not release, IMHO, any software without making a direct comparison to his own desktop application. I hope @MarketDelta would chime to answer shortly.

Matt
Optimus Futures

There is a risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
1 800 771 6748 local 561 367 8686 email [email protected]
Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

MarketDelta 
Chicago IL/US

Experience: Master
Platform: MarketDelta Cloud
Broker: CQG
Trading: All Futures
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 121

cogito View Post
You make a good business case for Cloud Solution.

Of course, that's the advantage of co-location. That is why algos are co-located.

For us mortals, the real comparison of order execution should be between

Desktop --> Exchange

vs

Thin-Client (Cloud Solution) -> Cloud Server -> Exchange

Hi Everyone, lots of great questions about our new cloud solution and I will try to respond individually. As Big Mike said earlier, we will get a webinar scheduled so you can see the platform.

@cogito - Our cloud app runs 100% in your browser and makes a direct connect to the Exchange via CQG...just like your desktop software. Only difference is the MD Cloud runs within your browser and your desktop app runs on your desktop. There is no way we would try to be a middleman and route the orders through another set of servers. Our servers simply serve up the app when you login and save your user profile so it is always backup and there in case you login from another computer.

We know speed is crucial to traders and use it ourselves to trade. In testing we ran it against several desktop DOM's and it performed faster or just as fast in ALL cases. In fast/volatile markets it performed much better. The data delivery is optimized for speed and efficiency and does extremely well in all market conditions.

If you have any questions about the products or services offered by MarketDelta, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread.

Phone: 1.312.922.7800
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

MarketDelta 
Chicago IL/US

cogito View Post
Interesting.

No mention of footprint charts. Does it mean the MarketDelta Cloud charting is not based on Investor/RT?

The MarketDelta Cloud not a niche software product like MarketDelta Charts. The MD Cloud is a broad trading and charting product intended to be useable by anyone who trades futures and not just traders more specialized in order flow and volume profiling. The MD Cloud doesn't have our Footprint chart technology nor does it have Market Profile built into it.

It was solely developed by our own in house MD dev team...we hope you like it!

If you have any questions about the products or services offered by MarketDelta, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,532

MarketDelta View Post
The MarketDelta Cloud not a niche software product like MarketDelta Charts. The MD Cloud is a broad trading and charting product intended to be useable by anyone who trades futures and not just traders more specialized in order flow and volume profiling. The MD Cloud doesn't have our Footprint chart technology nor does it have Market Profile built into it.

It was solely developed by our own in house MD dev team...we hope you like it!

Hi Trevor,

I'm curious as to the reasons why the cloud product excludes these features. Is it a design choice, a brand choice, a technical limitation within HTML5? Something you plan to add in the future?

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

MarketDelta 
Chicago IL/US

tturner86 View Post
Very nice, got a demo earlier and playing with it. Seems pretty fast and easy to use. Only thing I don't like is I can't draw on the charts (or I haven't figured that out yet.) So no trendlines or harmonic butterflies...

@tturner86 Drawing on charts is coming soon...it's not in the product yet.

Thanked by:

MarketDelta 
Chicago IL/US

Devil Man View Post
got my interest...I'd like to give it a spin if my brokers support it.

MarketDelta Cloud will work with any broker or FCM that supports CQG and there are 100's of them. While we haven't yet contacted them all, it technically can be made available to them any of them within a day or so if they contact us. They just need to enable your login for MarketDeltaCloud.

Thanked by:

MarketDelta 
Chicago IL/US

tturner86 View Post
I only see time based bars, no Vol or Tick. Chart studies are prepackaged, you can adjust settings on them but limited to what is available. (which is quite a bit, from MAs to RSI and everything in between.) I don't see anyway to mark on the charts, lines, boxes, text ect. Also seems hard to select how much data to load on the chart. Like NT I can set it to load 5 days or 5 months. I also couldn't find a continuous contract (probably there, just hard to find) to view a yearly/multi year timeframe.

Overall it seems solid, but these limitations make it hard to use as my main chart.

Time based charts for now but more on the way. All the drawing tools will be coming soon as well. It is a very solid platform that covers all the bases for the average user, but sophisticated or power users will have wait for their feature sets.

People use cloud apps everyday because of their easy of use, accessibility, and the fact they aren't bloated with years worth of features they will never use, let alone figure out. That's what we are doing with the MD Cloud. Hope you enjoy!

Thanked by:

MarketDelta 
Chicago IL/US

TraderFish View Post
Got the email and tried to sign up for a sim account but keep getting errors :-( Not a good start. Have sent them a tweet about it so wait and see.

@TraderFish - try again. The launch was overwhelmingly successful and we ran out of demo logins which is the error you saw...No kidding!

Just log back into the app, visit the Broker Login page under your initials, and click Request Demo.

Thanked by:

MarketDelta 
Chicago IL/US

Big Mike View Post
Hi Trevor,

I'm curious as to the reasons why the cloud product excludes these features. Is it a design choice, a brand choice, a technical limitation within HTML5? Something you plan to add in the future?

Mike

This is a brand new product from the ground up. We are pushing the limits of technology no doubt, but somebody has too! At MarketDelta we firmly believe the cloud holds the future of trading and how people want to access the markets. We excluded the Footprint, TPO Profile, and other features only because they serve a small portion of the overall trading community.

For the cloud we focused on what brings the most value to the average trader and are providing it within a platform (the cloud) that is very cost effective and will provide easy access to the markets on any device, anywhere.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 2, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts