NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Unofficial NinjaTrader 8 wish list thread (NT8)!

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one NinjaTrader with 96 posts (106 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 81 posts (78 thanks)
    3. looks_3 OpalDragon with 35 posts (12 thanks)
    4. looks_4 AdvancedIndicators with 29 posts (26 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Fat Tails with 5.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two NinjaTrader with 1.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 AdvancedIndicators with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 378,179 views
    2. thumb_up 692 thanks given
    3. group 221 followers
    1. forum 1,036 posts
    2. attach_file 63 attachments

Search this Thread

Unofficial NinjaTrader 8 wish list thread (NT8)!

AdvancedIndicators 
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 29

Optimization: Instead of using optimization types, NT8 would introduce read-write Fitness property within both strategies and indicators, and let traders update it in OnBarUpdate. There's simply no reason to use completely separate class for what is just passing of one single value. This would simplify programming and give traders more flexibility.

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks

optionzen 
Dallas

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ThinkorSwim, Ninjatrader, Multicharts
Broker: Thinkorswim, Ninjatrader Brokerage
Thanks Given: 137
Thanks Received: 106

Does any one know the release ( Approx) date of NT 8 ?

Thanks
OZ

dankoo 
New York

Platform: NT, oQ, MT
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: ES, MES, equity, ETF
Thanks Received: 12

NT8 needs intra bar fill in bt.

dankoo 
New York

Platform: NT, oQ, MT
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: ES, MES, equity, ETF
Thanks Received: 12

and ...

Ability to create more market replay accounts. For example, Replay102, Replay103 ...

Ability to run multiple co-dependent strategies simultaneously in BT and optimizer... as strategies would passes values to/from each other.

Batch download of market replay data. Right now, you can only download one day at a time. It will be great if we can download, let say, the whole contract of ES0911 from 6-11-11 to 9-11-11.

AdvancedIndicators 
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

Code editor: right-clicking on a variable menu offering an option to have the system auto-generate property for it. System would prompt for the name first (default name in the box should be provided). Essentially, to do automatically what we are doing now manually, once we decide to expose some local var as property.

AdvancedIndicators 
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

Code editor: 'NinjaScript generated code. Neither change nor remove.' section should be someplace else and not cluttering the main code file.

Thanked by:

AdvancedIndicators 
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

Global cursor should definitely not act automatically. Synchronizing trigger should be configurable: what keyboard key and/or mouse action should trigger it. For example, keep it inactive while selected, until I press e.g. Ctrl + Shft and left-click on one of the charts - then all other global-cursor-selected should sync. It's a nightmare right now - charts jumping around just because I moved my mouse over one of them while trying reach Excel or Outlook.

Also, global sync should try to move other charts' target bars to be in the same relative position as on the main chart. For example, if I clicked on one chart 1/3 away from the left margin, all other charts should sync and make the target bars 1/3 away from their left margins too. That way, if I want to see what's after and before some bar on the main chart, all synced charts should show me the same. Right now, most of them are just shown right next to the left margin. Feel free to ask for clarification if this isn't clear.

AdvancedIndicators 
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

Code editor: If code region is expanded, it should not be automatically collapsed after recompiling. It's annoying when I'm editing properties and forced to expand and scroll after each compile. Right now, I delete region lines every time I create an ind/strat.

Code editor: Auto compilation and showing errors is not helpful - as soon as I start typing and pause to think, there's an error for there's nothing yet. Unless you can imitate Visual Studio in this regard, just turn off auto-compilation and leave showing errors after I compile. Or leave it as an option (default = off).

Thanked by:

AdvancedIndicators 
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

Code editor: Refactoring: aside from creating properties (one of my prior postings), other nice refactoring feature should be renaming variables. Those two I'd use the most. Renaming shouldn't be as hard to implement with Compiler-as-a-service in .Net 4.0

Marc V
Delray beach, FL USA

Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 6

Imagine if you could take any pattern you want as long as it is within a reasonable amount of bars and with either a copy or paste of the setup or writing it in without code such as. whenever price gaps down at the open then has 5 or more bars in a row that are engulfing bars (solid or almost wickless) that get larger with 1st 3 bars followed by a doji or any stalling pattern you wish....this would be an amazing tool in any market, but especially in stocks where gaps can often offer the most reward in the shortest amount of time, dollar for dollar.

Imagine having 3 present patterns that you would be alerted to and then you could have every day, the 3type bars that made up the previous longest run of the day, to have that automatically ring an alarm if it sets up like that again for that particular stock. And no coding necessary! Thats what I want and in fact will have one day as I slowly assemble my team I write about so often. But if I have to have someone on hand to code it, thats ok too. But for now, being I know no coding, want the 1st request. -)

Last Updated on December 24, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts