NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

OneUp Trader Evaluation ($50,000) - Lead's Trading Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one lead with 24 posts (23 thanks)
    2. looks_two TheDaxTrader with 5 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 area with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 matthew28 with 2 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one matthew28 with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two lead with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 mrphr with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 TheDaxTrader with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 13,220 views
    2. thumb_up 31 thanks given
    3. group 14 followers
    1. forum 44 posts
    2. attach_file 17 attachments

Search this Thread

OneUp Trader Evaluation ($50,000) - Lead's Trading Journal

lead
Lagos/Nigeria

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 23

Today monday was quite exhausting for me since I had my first setup after 5 intensive hours of staring at the screen (I know )

Anyway, I started the day by 8:02 am WAT (London session) and wrapped it up by about 2:52pm (Just after the start of New york session).

I waited for about 5 hours before I could see a high probability setup based on my trading system. I took only one trade for the day considering it is monday (snail pace and filled with so much uncertainty, guess traders are yet to get over their weekend break).

My entry from the chart below is based on 2 basis

1. The break of a bullish trendline. I waited for all the bullish bars to form and the reason for the wait is because I could not vouch for any high probability buy trade based on my setup. And another reason why sentiment was bearish is because price was close to the high of Last friday.

2. Second entry pullback - This setup is really good but it requires patience. At times, the new trend may not give one a clear opportunity to join other traders ride the trend.

During the weekend, I tried to understudy order flow. Quite interesting I must say. So in today's trade, I put on the SuperDOM to have a feel. Though my trades were not based on the information I could perceive from the order flow data, I believe it is a very useful tool if one have a proper understanding of its implementation.

I'm considering adding it to my trading arsenal once I get a good grasp of the concept of order flow setup.

I stopped trading for the day because I realized I was having a bad migraine and entering a trade after 7 hours of staring at the screen may not be a good idea.

Result: +15 ticks

Wishing you all the best in your trades.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 08-17 (800 Tick) 2017_06_19.png
Views:	276
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	236155  

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
36 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
21 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
19 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
lead
Lagos/Nigeria

Today being tuesday, I expected traders to have figured out where their trades would be placed. I envisioned a momentum today because of yesterday's Newyork session.

It was a typical day and I executed 2 trades for the day.

Trade 1:

The trade was based on a break of a bullish trendline (This bullish trend was more like a retracement based on the primary trend which is bearish in nature). The probability of that setup was increased because of the bearish nature of last night. I entered the trade at about 10:29am WAT and exited at about 11:41am WAT. My exit was facilitated because of the price action proximity to the low of the day. So I felt it was advisable to exit at that point. The market actually moved more than 90 ticks after my exit.

Am I disappointed about this? Not really. I have come to accept that the market has numerous opportunities to offer. Some will be caught and some will slip through one's fingers and even some opportunity will betray you. The most important thing is sticking to my rule.

Trade Result: +15 ticks

See chart below

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 08-17 (800 Tick) 2017_06_20.png
Views:	267
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	236210  
Thanked by:
lead
Lagos/Nigeria

I tried to look for a comfortable pullback based on my SL after the break of the day's low.

I couldn't find any that meets my trading setup. Guess the bears were so ferocious. Once I noticed the momentum has greatly slowdown ( I know this by the number of bears and bulls present), I was on the lookout for a small retracement since the probability of reaching my TP (of +20 ticks) have greatly diminished.

I managed to scalp +8 ticks. Time of Entry - 11:33 am WAT, Time of Exit - 11:41am.

Trade result: +8 ticks.

See chart below...

Wishing you all a good trade day.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 08-17 (800 Tick) 2017_06_20 B.png
Views:	305
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	236211  
lead
Lagos/Nigeria

Today was another interesting day, I must say.

I started the day at about 7:59 am WAT.

Entered a sell order at 9:06 am my time after a retracement and exited at about 9:22 am with +3 ticks win. An error occurred while placing the trade due to my internet connectivity. My Stop order could not be filled, so I had to use market order. The moment I clicked the market order, both the stop and market order were filled, meaning I'm now trading 4 contracts instead of the usual two. I must admit my internet service is quite poor.

Result: + 3ticks.

Chart below

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 08-17 (800 Tick) 2017_06_21.png
Views:	259
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	236298  
Thanked by:
lead
Lagos/Nigeria

Trade 2:

Entered a sell order at about 14:09 pm my time because of a break of the bullish trendline. I exited at 15:00 with a -10 ticks loss. The trade was virtually in an equilibrium state because of high anticipation of the traders as a result of the incoming crude oil inventory news.

Result : - 10 ticks.

Trade 3:

Now this is my first attempt of trying something like this. I traded the news with a buy stop since from my findings (research), I believe there will be an initial strong bullish sentiment because of the Iranian news (that was released 2 hours back). My bullish sentiment was also backed by the news event of last week. Last week during the news, the bulls were in charge for like say 10-15 seconds, this spike can be very profitable if you're in the winning end.

I'm not a fundamentalist but the sentiment was too strong to ignore. I did set my TP of 40 ticks and SL of 10 ticks at about 15:28 my time (2 minutes before the news). The trade lasted barely 10 seconds and I was out with a +40 ticks.

The secret to this trade is that I set my mind for a loss while placing this trade, so I believed that helped me to face any outcome whatsoever.

Result : + 40 ticks.

Chart below for Trade 2 and 3

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 08-17 (800 Tick) 2017_06_21 B.png
Views:	251
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	236300  
lead
Lagos/Nigeria

Yet another interesting day. Started trading at about 7:58 am my time and closed for the day at about 3:06 pm.

Followed my setup but broke a few rule that cost me.

The third trade was filled rage, so the trade was emotionally placed. I pray to be very disciplined soonest. But I will give kudos to myself for accepting the loss and went on to call it a day.

All trades occurred in the space of 1 hour. So that's a red flag there.

Trade one was based on a based on the break of a bullish trendline. The SL used was 12 ticks. This factor was considerate for me to have ignored the trade. As you might have rightly guessed, it was a lost trade. My rule could have saved me if only I adhere to it.

Trade two was a retest to the broken bullish trendline. This setup was okay but I guess the bulls were really hitting on cylinders. I managed to scalp out 4 ticks.

Trade three was a revenge trade. I am disappointed in myself but at the same time, I give myself kudos to stop when I ought to stop. I bought a break of the support line. I lost 10 ticks in this trade.

General trade outcome = - 18 ticks.

The market took back some of my profits of yesterday . Well, tomorrow is another day.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 08-17 (800 Tick) 2017_06_22.png
Views:	266
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	236382   Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 08-17 (800 Tick) 2017_06_22 B.png
Views:	268
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	236383  
lead
Lagos/Nigeria

As we all know fridays can be

I was in the market as early as 7:52 am my time (WAT). From my observation of the market, I decided I was going to scalp out the little the market has to offer

Anyway, Here goes the summary.

After waiting for about 5 hours, I traded my first by 1:01 pm. I will encourage anyone reading this to try to sit in front of their computer screen for at least 3 hours to see how the market plays out. The market is the best teacher out there, spending quality time with it will aid your learning.

I know for CL, the volatility set in between 8:30 am EST - 10:30 am EST (Newyork time) but still I insist trading from the London open down to when the market is at its peak.

The amount of information you can get from this practice is immense. This act will

1. Strengthen your resolve to remain disciplined. Imagine staring at the screen for 5 hours without placing a single trade. Now think about that.

2. The hours you spend viewing and analyzing the chart consciously or unconsciously build your patience attribute.

3. You are building the professional trader trait. Let me let you on a secret. Professional traders can spend all the whole day viewing the chart without placing a trade for that day. I hope to get their someday.

Trade one: It was a rangy today, so I targeted sell setup at the top with the aim of scalping between 4-10 ticks.
The first trade ended by 01:11 pm with a +6 ticks scalp.

Trade two: Entered at about 1:54 pm and exited at about 14:01 pm with a scalp of +4 ticks.

Total ticks: +10 ticks.

This week was good and I am getting closer to my objective (Profit target)

My aim next week is to improve on my trading skill and learn from the shortcomings of this particular week.

Do have a great weekend ahead.

Quote form Stoicism

Practice yourself, for heaven's sake in little things, and then proceed to greater. Epictetus

Chart is attached below

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 08-17 (800 Tick) 2017_06_23.png
Views:	267
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	236445  
Thanked by:
lead
Lagos/Nigeria

I opened up my chart at about 8:03 am WAT. All the trade setup are pullbacks.

The approach today was based on scalping rather than waiting for my TP to be hit. I will like to state here that on modays and fridays, I prefer a TP of 15 ticks if TP were to be hit.

A total of 4 trades were taken today and all were based on sell setup. No need going through all trades in details because they are all based on the pullback setup.

Trade 1: I took this trade in a haste considering the signal bar used to enter the trade is not much of a reversal bar (and it is even bullish in nature). My SL was hit then after 2 ticks or so, it continued in the predicted direction.

Entered at about 10:04 am and SL was hit by 10:07 am

Trade outcome = - 11 ticks

Trade 2: Entered at about 5 minutes after the first trade. The market moved 12 ticks my way then showed a strong sign of reversal, so I exited with +4 ticks.

Trade outcome = + 4 ticks

Trade 3: Pullback setup , supported by a break in a strong bullish trendline. Exited with a +11 ticks profit

Trade 4: Based on pullback and a retest of a resistant zone. Scalped out +7 ticks

Total Trade Outcome - + 11 ticks.

Because the trades were much in my own definition, proposed commission of $5 by OneUp Trader reduced my profit margin drastically. But I'm grateful for what the market was able to give me today.

I have included a chart showing all trades since the trades occurred frequently.

Quote for the Start of the Week

Proverbs 21:5 - The plans of the diligent lead surely to advantage, But everyone who is hasty comes surely to poverty.

Have a great day.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 08-17 (800 Tick) 2017_06_26.png
Views:	262
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	236535  
lead
Lagos/Nigeria

If you did trade the Crude Oil today or still at it, I believe you have an ideal of how erratic the market was today. Not an impressive day I must admit but that says alot about the fluidity of the market.

I started the day by 8:01 am.

Had only one trade. It was taken at 2:00pm and exited with a small scalp of 3 ticks at 2:35pm

Trade outcome: + 3 ticks.

It is far better than a losing day if you ask me.

Chart attached...

Believing tomorrow will be better.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 08-17 (800 Tick) 2017_06_27.png
Views:	237
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	236599  
lead
Lagos/Nigeria

I could have just walked away
I could have just stick to my rule
Well, my wish can not rewrite my mistake
Next time, I should remain grateful.

Anyway, after making my last post, that inner voice that represents the negative charge of we human being whispered.

I choose to write this so anyone can learn from it especially myself.

I opened my chart back to see if an opportunity exist after calling it a day. It took me less than a minute to put in trade. The result ofcourse is deserving.

God and nature were merciful to me cos the ATM strategy was not selected so I was only trading 1 lot size.

The market in less than a minute moved 27 ticks against my direction.

Trading is simple but never easy. I hope my journal entry will remind me of my pitfalls and help me to climb to being a professional trader soonest. This is roughly my 5th year in the futures market.

I know the technicalities but not having a proper psychological stance could prove detrimental.

The market went 27 ticks against me because there was no SL considering I did not use my ATM strategy for entry.

Well that is it for now. And yes, I'm calling it a day.

Au revoir for Now

Chart attached...

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 08-17 (800 Tick) 2017_06_27.png
Views:	270
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	236607  
Thanked by:

Last Updated on January 7, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts