NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

FuturesTrader's Journal - Trading ES with Market Profile

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one futurestrader with 102 posts (57 thanks)
    2. looks_two NewKid with 11 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 KJAVED with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 CobblersAwls with 2 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one rahulgopi with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two matthew28 with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 futurestrader with 0.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 NewKid with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 20,298 views
    2. thumb_up 65 thanks given
    3. group 17 followers
    1. forum 121 posts
    2. attach_file 97 attachments

Search this Thread

FuturesTrader's Journal - Trading ES with Market Profile

futurestrader 
Houston, TX

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MarketDelta
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 79
Thanks Received: 176

Greece deal was reached overnight and as of 8:17 am CST Es will Gap open into the upside gap.
9 day balance high is 2083.50 and a possible support. Opening above the gap will target Gap start at 2086.25. Filling the gap closes the Excess and all time high comes into play again.

Gap rules are in play:
Go with any gap that is not filled quickly.
If gap is filled and value doesn't become unchanged then a late rally is possible
The strongest negative response to the gap would be lower value along with
an outside day to the downside.

Watch for confidence at open today - high confidence open suggests getting into the trade quickly. Low confidence open suggests letting the market shake out.

Overnight Hi = 2087.25 2t above top of gap = weak seller
Overnight Low = 2052.00

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
33 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
11 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks

matthew28 
United Kingdom

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

Hi,
I looked at your journal and thought 'that sounds familiar'. Then read your first post. I have just done the recent Summer Intensive. I am looking at crude though as the ES drives me spare. Good luck with your journal and trading.

Thanked by:
 futurestrader 
Houston, TX

ES gapped up today after Greece deal. It was exactly a 10 point gap. Large gaps are difficult to fill. After open it failed to find any sellers and I took long at 85.75, however the tempo was just there. I closed the trade with a loss of 1t. The structural stop was open at 84.75 and this would have been a 5pt+ trade had I help it however given the tempo for the day I doubt I could have held on to the trade.

NYSE volume at 9:00 am was very low. The range, tempo and low volume pointed towards a balance day with upwards skew since value was higher and that was the end result.
ES balanced from B-J period before fianlly breaking out in K period and it closed at the high's 2094.00

Outlook for tomorrow:
Once again 2100 is in focus. Further acceptance above 2083 gap zone targets the all time high that was made in globex session.
Failure above and acceptange back inside the 9 day balance targets teh other end of balance.

POC at 2088.75 is 11 wide, it needs heavy volume to move away from this level.

Thanked by:
 futurestrader 
Houston, TX

Tight overnight range
ONH = 2095.25
ONL = 2090.50
Theoritically ON Inv is short but the range is so tight I am considering it as balance. As of 8:28 am we will open in middle of range. Let market shake out. POC is in play.

futurestrader 
Houston, TX

After open ES attempted selling but didnot find anythign. The rally was sold exactly at yesterday high ONH was a few ticks above. . After observing this mechanical nature I took long at half-back 93.25 with structural stop at open.

I closed the trade after they ran the stops above overnight high. I could have held on with stop below yday high but the prominent POC at 88.75 is untested and likey to be a magnet. Also NYSE volume is very low so there is no conviction in the upside move.

Thanked by:

CobblersAwls 
London, United Kingdom

Platform: N/A
Broker: Bloomberg
Trading: Energies
Thanks Given: 1,089
Thanks Received: 386

Nice journal. I use some similar concepts to you.

Can I ask, do you have a preferred time to trade or will you trade at any time during the session?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 futurestrader 
Houston, TX

CobblersAwls View Post
Nice journal. I use some similar concepts to you.

Can I ask, do you have a preferred time to trade or will you trade at any time during the session?

Thanks CobblersAwls. I avoid trading near news announcements and late in the day. If market is opening in middle of the range I will let the market shake out and wait patiently for the trade to setup.

Thanked by:
 futurestrader 
Houston, TX

Yesterday - I took one trade yesterday which was posted earlier. Rest of the day was a slow grind up, one timeframing higher with inventory adjustment in G period.
There was mechanical buying at lows of D period which left behind an anomaly. Price snapped back to POC in the last period.

2098.50 was the pullback low

futurestrader 
Houston, TX

Overnight inventory was balanced to slightly long. ONH = 2107.50, ONL = 2099.25

Market opened at 2102.25 a tick below settle. Opening inside the range indicated that I had to be patient for the entries and let the market shake out.
Mechanical buyers came it at 2100 level (2099.75) and market continued higher.
B period high was exactly at yesterday high, this showed that market was dominated by day timeframe traders
C failed to take out ONH and came back 2nd time inside yday range. This triggered look above the range and fail trade. However there was no follow through and I closed the trade with 2t loss.

D took out ONH by 1 tick and failed. This was a classic short that I missed. It was difficult to take at the time since we were one timeframing higher
D period then came back inside yesterdays range for the 3rd time. This triggered look above the range and fail trade again. I shorted 2105.75 and closed the trade when E period failed to take out open.

E,F,G,H,I balanced. There were several mechanical buys at the open but the buyers were not getting follow through. When I looked above yesterday high and failed a short was triggered but I missed it. This was a very high risk reward trade with a few tick stop.

K broke the balance and I shorted the break. I closed the trade once the BCDG anomaly from yesterday was repaired. I didn't monitor for continuation, my stop should have been adjusted to A period low, instead I just closed the trade.

K stopped 1t above 7/13 high - another indication of weak buyer, however the POC was 9 wide and the price snapped back to POC again.

I also shorted retest of ONL low in L period but closed the trade with small gain when there was no follow through.

Outlook for tomorrow:
I am seeing daytimeframe traders only and they keep buying every dip. today's liquidation relieved some pressure however we now have 3 back to back wide POC's
Traders will keep doing what works till it doesn't. For now the game is all time high's, if there is no follow through on upside then 2083.25 comes back into play.
ES is one timeframing higherfor last 6 days, this has to stop before there is chance of any meaningful liquidation.

NYSE volume was higher than yesterday but nothing significant.

futurestrader 
Houston, TX

ON Inventory is very long. As of 08:28 we will gap up with a 6 pt gap. Gap rules are in play.
Go with any gap that is not filled quickly. I see 3 high's close together on the upside - possible firecracker effect.

https://www.evernote.com:443/l/Agc6M_qQoiJJZ6t40VxEdSllO4G_BCTY1Cg/

Last Updated on January 28, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts