NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

emini-watch.com

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one ericbrown with 6 posts (31 thanks)
    2. looks_two RichardHK with 6 posts (36 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Pley with 6 posts (12 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Wipeout with 6 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one RichardHK with 6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ericbrown with 5.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Cloudy with 2.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Pley with 2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 58,375 views
    2. thumb_up 143 thanks given
    3. group 29 followers
    1. forum 61 posts
    2. attach_file 3 attachments

Search this Thread

emini-watch.com

Wipeout 
Springfield, Missuouri

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: SC, NT8
Broker: NinjaTraderBrokerage
Trading: ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 122
Thanks Received: 19

Sorry went off subject I’ll move the prop talk to a more appropriate thread.
I am working on trying the better indicators for a month. Thanks everyone.
Wipeout

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
 Pley 
Yuma, AZ

Platform: Tradestation, NT8, SC
Broker: Tradestation, AMP, Ninja
Trading: MNQ
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 18

Agreed with you guys comments.

Changing trading with new indicators does take time to get used to.
Barry method happens to co-inside the way I trade (get 4 points and out on ES etc, support and resistance etc). The main reason I tried it.

Yes, watch all his videos a few times and see it fits you. His indicators were supporting his way of trading, so you have to be his style to have a good result in general.

Yes, it will take a lot of exploration, time and money to find your style. I have been trading ES on paper for 16 months to solidified my style, still early to test it for real.

Still searching a way or is there a way to better understand the market structure and market profile. Any input on that? What process you do to gain in that area?

Pley 
Yuma, AZ

Wipeout View Post
I’ll move the prop talk to a more appropriate thread.
I am working on trying the better indicators for a month. Thanks, everyone.
Wipeout

I will be interesting to hear your experience

Wipeout 
Springfield, Missuouri

Platform: SC, NT8
Broker: NinjaTraderBrokerage
Trading: ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 122
Thanks Received: 19

Pley View Post
I will be interesting to hear your experience

Jigsaw has a free video series 12 videos sent to your e-mail I think one a day, most of them are short and gives you a chance to look at what they offer for tools it's nice and friendly but still a sales pitch, interesting program I am thinking on it here's the link. https://www.jigsawtrading.com/

Thanked by:
 Pley 
Yuma, AZ

After eight months of on and off using the indicators. I am going to report my experience and opinion. It turns out the consensus of this thread is about right. The indicators do have value, but you need more.

I still hang around Emin Watch material which they are good, but not currently leasing the indicator at $100 a month. I definitely would buy it with a one-time fee. But renting it long term is not an investment for me.

The indicators are useful for seeing and get to know the Emini market actions. But not necessarily make you money since indicator is not an exact science as most season traders already know. As other said, it is part of the winning combination or the just journey to get there.

Currently, the one I use - Sinewave indicator but not the Better Sinewave. Turn out after I dug deeper, the Sinewave indicator is out there on the internet and was created by a Rocket Scientist John Ehlers. That is what Emini Watch sinewave indicator work was based on and with additional work around the signal processing way to analysis Price Chart (signal waveform). Google it would help understand how it works. There are a few books by John Ehlers at Amazon and the TradeStation code of the Sinewave. It is free on the internet along with another one called iTrend are my current favorites in my trading tools.

Emini Watch indicators are Sine, Momentum, Volume, None of them are the holy grail, but they can help with practice for some people with similar goal and objective. Many time, it is too much information and sometimes contradiction if you used them all. Have you second guess the price chart during the trading session. So it opens my eyes. Eventually, a trader needs to develop his own trusted system after using many others like Emini Watch indicators is my current assessment.

Stevea94 
Newbury, UK

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader, Kinetick
Trading: NQ, CL, 6E
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 150

I've released a few of my indicators and was asked a question relating to one of them and referred the person to the Emini-Watch website (I'm not connected in any way). In doing so, I re-read (and re-viewed) some of his material and was reminded of how useful I found it some years ago when I started down this road.

I don't use Barry's stuff, but I have and I think his concepts are really good. They are not the holy grail of course and he doesn't promise that, nor does he promise that trading is easy.

What his site does do however, is provide one of the broadest and yet most detailed overviews of the art and science of his trading style, covering technical and non-technical issues, with lots of detail as to the why's and wherefores. I particularly found this page Manifesto useful as a central hub and I've done every sub-link multiple times.

Re-reading his article on point #2 today just reminded me how insightful and well thought out his methods are, so I just thought I'd share the link here for any new traders out there, rather than posting it on my other threads.

Good luck.

pnguyen720 
Los Angeles

Experience: Beginner
Trading: NQ CL GC
Thanks Given: 11
Thanks Received: 16

Hey fellas -

Thinking about that Better Pro Am indicator but had a question about using them in an automated strategy in Ninjatrader. I heard somewhere that they're DLLs so you can't see the source code. Is that true?
If yes, do the indicators already have a way to integrate to an automated strategy (i.e. exposed public series)?
I wrote Barry and didn't get a response so maybe someone who's tried them can respond.

Thanks!

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,343
Thanks Received: 26,267

pnguyen720 View Post
Hey fellas -

Thinking about that Better Pro Am indicator but had a question about using them in an automated strategy in Ninjatrader. I heard somewhere that they're DLLs so you can't see the source code. Is that true?
If yes, do the indicators already have a way to integrate to an automated strategy (i.e. exposed public series)?
I wrote Barry and didn't get a response so maybe someone who's tried them can respond.

Thanks!

Correct. They are dll's.

It's been a very long time since I used them, but I recall that when I got them, the email had some sort of directions about how to reference them in an indicator, which should apply to a strategy as well. (This is not the most current, leased version. I only used the earlier one where you just bought them. So this may not still be the case.)

Take a look at what Barry sent you and see if there is anything there about this.

Bob.

Thanked by:
Raccoon
New York City, New York / US

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 1

Question to anyone who uses Barry's indicators... I'm seeing major discrepancy in how his charts plot the Better ProAm compared to mine. I'm using the older version on NT/ES. While I am on NT Continuum unfiltered data (Barry uses TradeStation), I've had similar issue in the past utilizing TradeStation as well. I'm pointing this out as a possibility of the data feed being at fault... not sure if it is but then I am perplexed as to what else could be causing such difference...

Barry's recent post with Professional / Amateur activity on top and mine below for the same span of price action. See how my "pros" are all over the place?

Any ideas what's going on here?? Would really appreciate your input...

wcalem 
Georgetown, Texas United State

Experience: Beginner
Trading: ES, 6E
Thanks Given: 20
Thanks Received: 14

You say you are using the older version, so does that mean your chart is just a 500 tick bar chart? I ask because with Barry's latest version he uses multiple time frames on one chart. So, his chart that you posted is showing the bars based on the 500 tick bar chart but the ProAm bars are based on the 4500 tick bar chart. I hope that makes sense. There are many videos about this on his site.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on September 13, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts