NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

50K Journey to get funded

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one oneuptrader with 25 posts (8 thanks)
    2. looks_two RDK91 with 11 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 dyst with 6 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 kulu with 2 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one pfsthib with 1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two dyst with 0.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 RDK91 with 0.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 oneuptrader with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 6,772 views
    2. thumb_up 22 thanks given
    3. group 10 followers
    1. forum 48 posts
    2. attach_file 11 attachments

Search this Thread

50K Journey to get funded

oneuptrader
Florida

Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 16

Blew my account out today forgetting that there is a trailing drawdown, plus I went in too heavy with all 6 contracts in a trade in ES at the open. Starting Day 1 over Monday with a reset.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

Brandenton 
Virginia Beach, VA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: TopStep
Trading: YM, MYM
Thanks Given: 755
Thanks Received: 1,557

oneuptrader View Post
Blew my account out today forgetting that there is a trailing drawdown, plus I went in too heavy with all 6 contracts in a trade in ES at the open. Starting Day 1 over Monday with a reset.

Been there and done that. More than once. Best of luck to yah next go round!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
oneuptrader
Florida

Thanks man

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:
 RDK91 
Antwerp

oneuptrader View Post

Better wait until Tuesday since it is President's day Monday.
I would suggest trading just 1 contract in your next attempt, this gives you much more room for error.

oneuptrader
Florida

RDK91 View Post
Better wait until Tuesday since it is President's day Monday.
I would suggest trading just 1 contract in your next attempt, this gives you much more room for error.

Yeah, I may do that. I think my biggest error came with not knowing what my trailing drawdown limit was. My accuracy is normally very high. We'll see what happens this week. I am also with earn2trade, but did not trade much of it this week. I'm up about 400 bucks on that after a couple of days of starting. Did you ever get funded with oneup trader?

RDK91 
Antwerp

oneuptrader View Post
Yeah, I may do that. I think my biggest error came with not knowing what my trailing drawdown limit was. My accuracy is normally very high. We'll see what happens this week. I am also with earn2trade, but did not trade much of it this week. I'm up about 400 bucks on that after a couple of days of starting. Did you ever get funded with oneup trader?

Better be safe than sorry, there is no need to trade the maximum contract size since you only need to make 3K, so why take the risk.

Yes i got funded once with OneUp but i lost the account by mistake.

oneuptrader
Florida

RDK91 View Post
Better be safe than sorry, there is no need to trade the maximum contract size since you only need to make 3K, so why take the risk.

Yes i got funded once with OneUp but i lost the account by mistake.

I shouldn't have taken the trades that I took when I lost. I broke my rules. I have high % when I don't break my rules. That's how I got to 1800.00 on day 1. Two things went wrong:

1.) Didn't follow rules for entry
2.) Totally disregarded the trailing drawdown.

After I make a large profit thats when it becomes critical to take smaller risk because the drawdown is essentially near the starting balance. It's what makes this challenge more difficult than say an earn2trade. This challenge is about consistency. Ive been trading sim for a while and that is my strength. If I see an area of strong support or resistance I will get in a large size if it fits my rules, but once I make a larger sum, its crucial at that point to trade with smaller size due to the trailing drawdown. When I get funded, they force you to scale up to protect account from blowing out quicker. I still will keep the trailing drawdown balance in the forefront of my mind and build account up with enough buffer over the starting balance to be able to trade 6 contracts with lower risk. I appreciate your advice.

oneuptrader
Florida

I think NQ and CL provide some of the best opportunities to scalp small. This is advantageous in funding combines like TsT, OneUp, and E2T. The key is having a system that provides tremendous consistency. Once you have this consistency, you can begin to build wealth relatively quickly. This is just a very simple spreadsheet that shows how an individual can make roughly 8K a month with one contract only making 20 points a day in NQ:

Here's 2 contracts with same scenario:

Thanked by:
oneuptrader
Florida

Just wanted to point out that the ability to understand trend can help one's ability to trade significantly. Note that when retracing the leg that recently took us down to low's around 2315 in E-Mini S&P, we never lost the swing low that took us to the current individual highs. That is a strong bull trend. Until that is lost, there is not reason to look for shorts. You can do this virtually on everytime frame. Even when they bring price down to the swing low, we look for price to hold as those are the scariest times to buy, but offer the best risk-reward. Look at the current trend:

oneuptrader
Florida

Just an addition to "Understanding Trend Part 1", we can see here that trend held the lows within a larger uptrend after a large move up. This is where you find your best risk/reward:

Last Updated on February 28, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts