NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Back in the Markets and Pivoting from Opts to E-Minis - To Profitable Trading!

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Lady with 22 posts (13 thanks)
    2. looks_two Thxo with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 matthew28 with 1 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one TraderFish with 1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two rmejia with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 matthew28 with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Lady with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 5,181 views
    2. thumb_up 17 thanks given
    3. group 8 followers
    1. forum 29 posts
    2. attach_file 36 attachments

Search this Thread

Back in the Markets and Pivoting from Opts to E-Minis - To Profitable Trading!

Lady 
Medellín, CO

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Playing with eMinis, coming from Options
Thanks Given: 14
Thanks Received: 43

Cool thank you! They sinc across the board now! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
35 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
19 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
14 thanks
 Lady 
Medellín, CO

I am still in ToS, On Demand, Thanks to rmejia, we are correlated across the board.

Order One:
Finally can do OCO Brakets! AND have them show up on all monitors.

Going for a 2 point scalp, on second bar after a bullish cross of the EMA. Adjusted to 2 ticks above Break Even at the close of second bar. The order flow looks favorable for my 2 points/8 ticks. The volume is low, I got stopped out at 2 ticks above break even. Mixed order flow. It's toying with going into range. I will take my ticks and wait. (+$25)

Trade Two:
Waiting for half bar on return to EMA on second bear candle. Heiken Ashi momentum slowed, and low and lagging volume. Good chance for a nice bear down move to EMA, still early for a trend of any kind.. The Entered at 2105.5 with 4 tick stop and 8 tick profit, just below the EMA, which is horizontal at this time.

Watching Level II tutorials while I wait for the market to move.

After the second candle closed, moved stop to break even. It's 8:50, more participants, and the bar is getting more action. Moved the stop to 2 ticks above break even at 1000 on the third bar. Resisting the urge to move the Cover for a longer run. While typing I got filled to cover. ($100)

EMA is flat. Candles going for a run.

Trade Tree:
Waiting for a bullish reversal or a nice solid, Below EMA candle to confirm a continuation of the trend. This far orders are more bullish. I'll hang, creeping the market ;-)

The market is not looking like it is going to be a trend day. We are pointing to a mixed range market, unless there is something that changes that once more people come in around 9:30.

Looking to enter bullish once the candle at 9:21 closes, we are mixed and far from EMA. Entered on 2101 with a 6 tick limit 4 tick stop. Filled at 6 ticks in 1 minute. (+$75)

Trade Four:
Too choppy for my tolerance. Entered at 2102.75. Order entry bad. Stopped out at 2102.25. My bad. (-$25)

Trade Five:
Wide 6 tick and 8 tick entry. Got stopped out. (-$75)

Trade Six:
Wide spread entry again at 2097.5 after some chop and dojis below EMA. Adjusted my stop to break even after the prices went up 3 ticks. The market rallied then got stopped out for as it turned. (+$37.50)

Trade Seven:
I have a support / resistance level at 2102. Entered short on that with a wide spread. Adjusted stops at increments of 3 with a 5 tick lead way. Rallied down and got filled to cove at 10 ticks. ($125)

Trade Eight:
Looking to go short, but we broke thorough the 2102 resistance line and might scalp once it tries to retest the trend for second entry. I have a resistance again at 2105.5. Went short at 2105, got covered at 2104 30 seconds later Having trouble with OCO. ($50)

Trade Nine:
Went short at 2104.75 and hit my limit at 2103.25 ($75)

Trade Ten:
Got stopped out as soon as I entered order. Have to find and change presets to OCO. They are too tight and I'm not quick enough. (-$0)

Trade Eleven:
Due to chop waited for confirmation of downturn on second candle, then entered short. In at 2107 took a while, a lot of back and forth, but exited at 2105.5, I did tighten my stop to 2 ticks above entry to minimize loss if it went agains me because it spent so much time moving with the bulls. (+75)

Trade Twelve:

There are 4 bars on top of EMA that is flattened out. Patterns say that it should go up and continue the trend, but EMA is flat with chop, does not feel good. HUGE 5th bar is bullish after intermittent chop, then breakout, looks like it may just run. It did the same thing at 10:20 with a bit of a reversal that rally up. Entered and got stopped out above by 2105.5 resistance line. (-$75) Should have set out, Looking for a red bar of a nice sized green bar. Repeat for 10:20?

Trade Thirteen:

Nice reversal pattern at the bottom, nice wide range of prices, below the EMA but flirting with it. Took the 2105 bullish entry. Moved the stop to 1 tick below, then break even then 2 ticks above. My Limit on 2107. Since it was past my 11:30 trading day, and it took forever to get filled, I flirted with cutting the range down and seeing where I could exit. closed at 2107.00 ($100)

Profit/Loss:
$487.50 for the day. Not bad. But chop took a lot of profit for stoppages. Overall:
Neg 3 -$175
Pos 9 $662.50
Br Ev 1 $0

P/L 3.00
Success 75.00%

Learnings:

- You see chop. Walk away.
- TOS can decide to cut out and shot down. Then refuse to open. Be ware. Maybe a good idea to restart computer.
- Wider limits take significantly longer to get to the target.
- Work on resisting the urge to adjust.

Thanked by:
 Lady 
Medellín, CO

I got slammed with real world making money so had no chance to run the SIM on Wednesday. Decided, even though I was still slammed, to run the SIM anyway on a different laptop while I worked. Not the best superrest idea. (Although I might do Spanish audio learning while I trade in the future and running training videos for TOS and NT was not too bad, actually helped with not obsessing over trades). Had the urge to restart it and try again, but resisted the desire since there are no redos on real trades.

I got stopped out of 8/10 trades and -$350. Have to go through and look at the chart as soon as I get a break.

P/L got a little testy today, but I think, either my presets are not good or i'm not using them right, or something has yet to click.

Trades thus far:

It looks that since I stopped placing single trades, my returns have gone down, or maybe I got lucky before or maybe my presets are no good or I don't know how to use them yet. PLEASE ADVISE.

A 8/4 tick and a 10/6 tick P/L order fulfillment presets, was using the 8/4 tick exclusively today.

ALSO, Totally need to work on my running risk management and pepper in budgeting, if I'm to put in $2000 have to try to work within the risk tolerance of that when trading SIM

Lady 
Medellín, CO

Want to be learning and running through sims but current responsibility is getting in the way. Looking forward to be done with moving and hiding in my tower so I can focus. Day 3 without proper attention to the market :-( Realizing that it's not only a job but a lifestyle.

Lady 
Medellín, CO

Finally got a day off and got a chance to get back and trade. I think I was away for so long I went to "every trade", or as I like to call it crazy bunny trading. Needless to day, did not go too well. Better than the 3rd, but still a loss and my P/L is not looking stelar.

The plan was to scalp 2 ticks per trade to try to get the account up. The problem was I would get in and get stopped. 26/50 trades were stops. I think I'm having a loss management system issue. Not wide enough to let them run and not bounce. I think Al and Mack need to have some quality time together. And I'm limiting myself to 10 trades tomorrow.

Thanked by:
 Lady 
Medellín, CO

Still really busy. Got slammed with work Tue into Wed and had to run errands with crazy amount of appointments squeezed into one day today. If no new work in AM I can devote time to my 8:30-11:30 trade slot.

Fun stuff today:
When I used to do consumer behavior focused marketing, I used to utilize services of a neuroscience focused psychologist/lecturer/professor to help me design behavior stimulating messages. I decided to pepper him in to help in developing self directed approach to become a "boring" profitable trader. From what I have been reading on some of the successful traders, focus a lot on the "mind game" and reducing exposure to stresses and distractions and have an almost athlete like performance focused approach to trading. Had a chance to talk to him today and the the discussion focused heavily on Active and Passive mind states and also on autistic spectrum individuals. Passive and Active mind states may be evolution throw back to caveman's need to focus on task at hand but always having a risk factor in predators and environment, creating an ever active but passive mind that is alert to threats and distractions in the periphery. With autistic individuals their anti social traits being a benefit to eliminating societal pressures and distractions and having laser focus on optimal solution to the problem at hand and a subconscious ability to see patterns. Found it fascinating. Will try to see if I can add that to my approach. I'm a believer in the brain being an ever evolving organ (mainly cause it actually is always adding new and removing useless neuro-pathways). Advertisers do that to you all the time

Lady 
Medellín, CO

I appreciate the honor in price action but at the moment I need to trade to get with the market, while i study price action, and not get wiped out(called it for morale). So I was playing around with indicators.

I went down to 1000 tick chart with 21 bar EMA (21 is a multiple of 3, may play around with a 27 which is perfect).

I also added a Woodies CCI and Stochastic Fast.

I did changed Fast K to green and Fast D to red, and i traded based on which color is on top AND double peaks or gorges with CCI and TCCI, Those both have to be in place, Typically CCI's lead Fasts. Enter on a 8/6 P/L then adjust and the movement is in my direction. It gives me confidence to stay in a trade longer.

The goal today is 10 trades or less $200 - $500 profit.

Doing pretty well at 9 am with a range market. Took 5 positions, one of them I got stopped out at 6 ticks loss, one at break even on adjustment, and one I lowered my limit when it went for correction having just come out of the break even stop to take 3 tick profit (could and should have let it run, but working on the confidence bit).

Then things got a little messy and I recovered at the end of the time (want to go back and mark up the chart, started doing it in the end but have to do the whole day):

I did trade over what I wanted and ended up doing 21 trades. $37.5 for the day. My P/L is 1.098039216 which is long

Some morning entries on time bars

Ended up stopping out of that one at 2 ticks, The trend reversed at 2099.5 and then continued down.

Double peaks and a cross over. For short, nice 7 tick move to close ( did move the limit one bar and moved up my stops)

Lady 
Medellín, CO

So today i was forced by ToS to put my Big Girl Panties on and move to NJ cause no back data was loading. Having been still trading 8th and 9th of June with intention to trade 10th today and not being able to figure out how to turn on the June contracts data I jumped into the 22nd data.

Here is a quick summery, I will load the exciting trading videos for the past three days tonight, as well as my self analysis and journals. I know you will have tons of fun watching me fall on my face trying to enter orders on NJ and totally making a mess of it Otherwise I am very glad to say I am a boring boring trader!

Lady 
Medellín, CO

It's annoying to have like 4 videos and trade journals needing to be loaded and no time to do them. Real world money calling.

Mode: Keep squeezing it in...

Lady 
Medellín, CO

Ok, so all the crazy moving to another country done and now have residency! Time to get back in the game!

Q:

A local university said I can come by and use their Bloomberg Desk... Anyone played with it lately... Good to learn or no longer relevant?

Last Updated on April 29, 2018

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts