NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

What kind of work can I put in to earn a mentor?

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one CrudeDude with 10 posts (5 thanks)
    2. looks_two secondchance4now with 10 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 snax with 6 posts (19 thanks)
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 5 posts (26 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 5.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two TheBenefactor with 4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 sstheo with 3.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 snax with 3.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 20,111 views
    2. thumb_up 151 thanks given
    3. group 38 followers
    1. forum 75 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

What kind of work can I put in to earn a mentor?

addchild 
Bay Area California

Experience: None
Platform: TT T4
Broker: Phillip Capital
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 926
Thanks Received: 898

CrudeDude View Post
Yes that is funny. Apparently the market price action is controlled by computers and not traders. And the richest people in the world did not want him revealing this truth to the public. So they stalked him for three years trying to stop him. But apparently he is the winner because he is still selling his videos online.

Sent using the nexusfi.com mobile app

I'm not totally sure if you're joking, but that guy is off the freaking reservation. Please don't give him your money.
Here's a link to his review thread:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks

CrudeDude 
Phoenix Arizona

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Global Zen Trader
Broker: GFF Brokers
Trading: Crude CL
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 80

addchild View Post
I'm not totally sure if you're joking, but that guy is off the freaking reservation. Please don't give him your money.

Here's a link to his review thread:

Thank you for the reply, I read the thread and it’s pretty much a consensus that the guy is a nut job.

But I do like the idea of a simplistic approach and an uncluttered chart.

Is there a chance that someone could take what he has done and make something decent out of it?

Also if his concept is so useless why isn’t it posted on the Internet for entertainment purposes?

Is it a copyright thing that people do not post the stuff that they have paid for?

Sent using the nexusfi.com mobile app

CrudeDude 
Phoenix Arizona

With respect to the OP, are used to think all I needed was a mentor to teach me the ropes.... and I would be all set.

I paid a guy 20K to mentor me and teach me the ropes, but all I got was access to a crappy trading room where the guy was taking trades that he could not explain.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,442
Thanks Received: 26,277

CrudeDude View Post
Thank you for the reply, I read the thread and it’s pretty much a consensus that the guy is a nut job.

But I do like the idea of a simplistic approach and an uncluttered chart.

Is there a chance that someone could take what he has done and make something decent out of it?

Also if his concept is so useless why isn’t it posted on the Internet for entertainment purposes?

Is it a copyright thing that people do not post the stuff that they have paid for?

I couldn't tell you how many people out there are using totally or almost totally uncluttered charts, nothing but price and sometimes an MA. There are a number of traders on FIO with minimal charts. If you check them out, they will usually steer you to some original source material -- book, website, etc. -- for more info.

Bob.

Thanked by:
Huaba
munich bavaria germany

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 23

I wonder when people finally stop to worry about their charts and start working towards an edge in the market. All I use is a price ladder, a ticker tape and thats it. I look at a chart probably once a week.

I thought u guys were discussing mentoring and not system sellers...

Thanked by:

CrudeDude 
Phoenix Arizona

Huaba View Post
I wonder when people finally stop to worry about their charts and start working towards an edge in the market. All I use is a price ladder, a ticker tape and thats it. I look at a chart probably once a week.

I thought u guys were discussing mentoring and not system sellers...

OK. Mentor us. I like your approach. I don’t look at charts either

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

secondchance4now
Jersey City, NJ

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 11

Why am interested in trading?
Because of the money, and because of the freedom. I work my own schedule, don't answer to anyone else, etc. Let's say I make a trade at the opening bell and it hits my price target within an hour, then the rest of my day is free -- that's pretty damn awesome.

Why a mentor?
I've made every mistake you can trading in the past (years ago), so having some guidance would be nice. However, I do get what everyone else is saying with mentors. I've started a paper trading journal.

I see some people are telling me to paper trade for a few weeks just to get a feel for things, then start trading with real money (a small amount like $1,000 to $2,000) to get some skin in the game and see how things really are. Well, I'll see about that. Right now my strategy is swing-trading the Micro futures, so I might only make or 2 trades a week.

I do understand what everyone says about you having to learn this on your own since it's a personal thing for everyone, and I hope that's something I can accomplish. I also appreciate everyone's input. People have been pretty respectful to me here, but also realistic, which is awesome. On some other futures trading forum I've basically been told to eff off until I've become profitable trading stocks.

sstheo 
Holladay, Utah, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Multicharts
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: MES, MYM, MNQ, M2K
Thanks Given: 198
Thanks Received: 1,490

secondchance4now View Post
Because of the money, and because of the freedom. I work my own schedule, don't answer to anyone else, etc. Let's say I make a trade at the opening bell and it hits my price target within an hour, then the rest of my day is free -- that's pretty damn awesome.

Why a mentor?
I've made every mistake you can trading in the past (years ago), so having some guidance would be nice. However, I do get what everyone else is saying with mentors. I've started a paper trading journal.

I see some people are telling me to paper trade for a few weeks just to get a feel for things, then start trading with real money (a small amount like $1,000 to $2,000) to get some skin in the game and see how things really are. Well, I'll see about that. Right now my strategy is swing-trading the Micro futures, so I might only make or 2 trades a week.

I do understand what everyone says about you having to learn this on your own since it's a personal thing for everyone, and I hope that's something I can accomplish. I also appreciate everyone's input. People have been pretty respectful to me here, but also realistic, which is awesome. On some other futures trading forum I've basically been told to eff off until I've become profitable trading stocks.

How much time to you have to trade each day between 7 am NY time and 2 pm NY time?

I applaud you for trading the micros at this stage. But it seems to me that 2 micro trades per week is a bit skimpy, but if they are huge winners then things will certainly add up quickly.

Check out my micro journal where I am trying to make 1% per day using those same micros.

There are several other traders using the Micros successfully now and they also have journals on FIO. Check them out too.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Huaba
munich bavaria germany

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 23

secondchance4now View Post

Why a mentor?

I hate to break it to you but that is not the motivation that carries you through the valley of tears my friend.

You are already free to do whatever you want and if you aren't completly retarded you will always make enough money to support your freedom. I think you'd be more free if you bought a one way ticket to Hawaii and worked as a bartender at the beach.

The only reason why you should trade is because you want to trade. You need to chase the work and not the money. If you do not enjoy the tinkering and the research and do not have the drive to compete with others you will not make it, period. Trading is like going to the mines every day, long hours tons of stress, bad for health. I suffer from chronic gastritis and have to live on a special diet. But I also trade 24/7 (hello crypto).

Think about this very long and hard. Do you really enjoy the process? Do you really enjoy being miserable for a couple of months when you don't make a dime?

Giving up does NOT make you a loser or a worse human being, it's just that there are better ways for you to make a living than trading and it would be a shame to waste a couple of years of your life just to find that out.

Thanked by:
secondchance4now
Jersey City, NJ

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 11

Huaba View Post
I hate to break it to you but that is not the motivation that carries you through the valley of tears my friend.

You are already free to do whatever you want and if you aren't completly retarded you will always make enough money to support your freedom. I think you'd be more free if you bought a one way ticket to Hawaii and worked as a bartender at the beach.

The only reason why you should trade is because you want to trade. You need to chase the work and not the money. If you do not enjoy the tinkering and the research and do not have the drive to compete with others you will not make it, period. Trading is like going to the mines every day, long hours tons of stress, bad for health. I suffer from chronic gastritis and have to live on a special diet. But I also trade 24/7 (hello crypto).

Think about this very long and hard. Do you really enjoy the process? Do you really enjoy being miserable for a couple of months when you don't make a dime?

Giving up does NOT make you a loser or a worse human being, it's just that there are better ways for you to make a living than trading and it would be a shame to waste a couple of years of your life just to find that out.

Well then I suppose I am completely retarded. Too bad there isn't any medication I can take to fix that.

Last Updated on April 20, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts