NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

FIO Journal Challenge - November 2018 edition w/Earn2Trade

Discussion in Feedback and Announcements

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 6 posts (26 thanks)
    2. looks_two PilotTrader with 2 posts (38 thanks)
    3. looks_3 TraderEX with 2 posts (6 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Chippstrader with 2 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Scalpingtrader with 30 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PilotTrader with 19 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Chippstrader with 8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 4.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 9,637 views
    2. thumb_up 181 thanks given
    3. group 19 followers
    1. forum 26 posts
    2. attach_file 4 attachments

Search this Thread

FIO Journal Challenge - November 2018 edition w/Earn2Trade

soumen
Dhaka Bangladesh

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 24

ok count me in. Here is my link:

I am not a chart analyst as said but will try to give some highlight. Its not a trading journal more like my thoughts and analysis. Good luck.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
YGRYGR
Tarzana, CA

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 1

I hope this post isn't rude, but if I show my journal won't people learn how I trade? I don't quite understand why that is a bad thing if people are telling liquid instruments, but it seems people are protective about their edge?

Thanked by:
soumen
Dhaka Bangladesh

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 24

I do simulation and most people here trade real money. I am not in US either. I wish I can trade with real money. Did that answer your question. Please enlighten me and I will try to answer. Thanks.

Thanked by:

Chippstrader 
Randolph+NJ/US
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Stage5/Advantage Futures
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 5,241
Thanks Received: 3,656

Hi @YGRYGR

The big part of these journal challenges is not competing with others but other than your self.

In this process, traders have to be consistent with their own process, trade, and journaling it. Traders will like (Thanks) it based on what they observe about it.

I have tried few of other traders trading methods and never successful. I don't think anybody can do that 100%. You can read my journals from last 3 yrs.

@soumen You can simulate on a simulator or trade with Live with Any markets. The challenge does not says you have to trade with US or EU markets.

--------
Chipps
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
spelaktier
Stockholm + Sweden

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Interesting initiative! I´m still a beginner so I will not participate but I love the idea! Keep the good work up!

PilotTrader 
New Brunswick NJ/USA

Platform: NT7, NT8
Trading: NQ, CL, GC, NG, HG
Thanks Given: 106
Thanks Received: 355

Please accept my entry to the FIO Journal Challenge – November 2018 edition.

Sounds like fun and am excited to share my journal. Hopefully it will be an educational as well as a profitable endeavor.

Brief background: For the longest time, I have always heard from traders here @ FIO, and other venues as well, that using volume/market profile was an important and vital component to trading. However, most, if not all, the VP/MP literature out there seems to be way too complicated, at least for me, to use in my daily trading. And the set-ups are vague and simply not practical, IMO. Then I found Trader Dale’s Volume Profile webinar on YouTube which illustrated a few simple volume profile trade set-ups that made practical sense to me. Note: I provide a link to Dale's YouTube webinar in my journal. And no, am not affiliated with Trader Dale whatsoever.

So, long story short, I applied one of Dale’s set-ups, the Trend Volume Accumulation Setup, to see if might work for intraday trading using uniRenko bars for instruments like CL, GC, and HG. Note that Dale’s trading focus is on Forex and currency futures. I loaded up 6 months of backtesting data and gave it a whirl. Well, my back-test results were pretty good…almost too good to be true, quite frankly.

Okay, so now is a good time as any to prove whether I was simply fooling myself here and give the set-up a test drive in live environment. Hope you will join me and see if all this back-testing effort will work out or simply another ‘egg on my face’ trading exercise, LOL! 😉

If you like what you see here, please give me a ‘Thanks’ vote, thank you.

See you folks on the ‘other’ side, here's the link to my journal:

Blue skies,
PilotTrader

Trade Example:
P.S. *** If you like the content here or my journal, please give this post a 'Thanks' vote. ****

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

TraderTS 
Texas, USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: AMP Futures w/ CQG Data Feed
Trading: ES+MES+TechStocks as of 2022 Previous: ES GC CL [4MES2ES as of 2019MAY] and [4MGC2GC as of 2021JAN]
Thanks Given: 281
Thanks Received: 389

First, I like to thank the following FIO members:
@aquarian1
for helping me with my first journal last year.
@SoftSoap @GFIs1
for inspiring me with their journals.
@kathy11
for teaching me "KISS", and less is more with her beautiful analysis charts!
@Big Mike
for the forum & the challenge…
Get well soon, huh?

Here is the link to my journal:

Ten years in the making, ES-eMini S&P500 Index “Drama Queen” became my “Beloved Queen”.
Wouldn't you like to know my journey?

Every day is a Groundhog Day: Eat, Sleep, Homework, Trade.
Finding ITP-Inflection Turning Point with Harmonic Cypher Pattern is my expertise.
I love to use my favorite tools to draw AB=CD, ABC Triangle, and Fibonacci Levels.
In summary, I am happily trading in a paperless environment that I never thought it's possible.

What’s next??? I would love to buy a new toy using Amazon gift card: RAZER NAGA CHROMA--Mouse That Changes How You Trade.

Don’t forget to vote by pushing "Thanks" button, huh? Thanks a million!

Find the missing piece of the puzzle... Let's be amazing, be awesome in trading today!
iTS
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 planetmoto 
freasno, ca usa

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ninja trader
Trading: forex
Thanks Given: 51
Thanks Received: 85

TraderTS View Post
First, I like to thank the following FIO members:
@aquarian1
for helping me with my first journal last year.
@SoftSoap @GFIs1
for inspiring me with their journals.
@kathy11
for teaching me "KISS", and less is more with her beautiful analysis charts!
@Big Mike
for the forum & the challenge…
Get well soon, huh?

Here is the link to my journal:

Ten years in the making, ES-eMini S&P500 Index “Drama Queen” became my “Beloved Queen”.
Wouldn't you like to know my journey?

Every day is a Groundhog Day: Eat, Sleep, Homework, Trade.
Finding ITP-Inflection Turning Point with Harmonic Cypher Pattern is my expertise.
I love to use my favorite tools to draw AB=CD, ABC Triangle, and Fibonacci Levels.
In summary, I am happily trading in a paperless environment that I never thought it's possible.

What’s next??? I would love to buy a new toy using Amazon gift card: RAZER NAGA CHROMA--Mouse That Changes How You Trade.

Don’t forget to vote by pushing "Thanks" button, huh? Thanks a million!

Many thanks this should be hugely helpful to Newbies, and trading Vets alike

Sent using the nexusfi.com mobile app

Thanked by:
ofatrader
Europe

Thanks Given: 431
Thanks Received: 154

Hi,
Welcome to my one setup journal. The best practice around any methodology that the best professionals will recommend is KISS. This journal is my attempt to find this simplicity in trading, that will maintain my focus in one specific type of trade.

TRADE SETUP:

Break-IL: Bar that breaks an Institutional Level. Attention focused on find Institutional levels based on Size. Any simple time and sales or any other tool are enough to find this block trades. I will trade 1-2 markets, ES and NQ. This is not a mechanical trading, will try to understand the option involved basically reading the potential direction based on price action. This is the subjective part of this SETUP but nothing works 100% and the more I will trade it the more I will understand the better options. This is the intention of this journal, keeping me aware of what will work better or not.

Block trade for ES at 200 level.
Block trade for NQ at 80 level.

When the level has founded I will look for a candle that breaks this level in favor of the Negative (Short) or Positive Bar (Long)

TARGETS:

Will use Fibonacci Extensions Lines

RISK:

Above/Below Bar that Break-IL or below the prior swing point.

CHART:

2000 tick chart

I will add this journal to the actual November contest (The Gauntlet) and I will appreciate any thanks to giving me the opportunity to start a professional journey in this hard world. I will start with a capital of 25.000$. Objective 2500/+2500. Total Drawdown -2500. Daily Risk at -750$ or 3 consecutive loser trades. I will try to don't overtrade these zones. I will start with 1 contract and add 1 more when I will be at 500 of profit. Then I will maintain 2 contracts for the rest of the month.

All is explained. Here is an example of the SETUP:

I will appreciate any vote for my journal. Here is the link if you want to take a look:

msemryck 
Denver, CO

Platform: Bookmap
Broker: AMP, Rithmic
Trading: GC, ES
Thanks Given: 26
Thanks Received: 111

ok, I'm in. 1st contest that I have entered here. Pretty excited about it Mine is just about all video

Matt

Last Updated on December 27, 2018

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts