NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Anyone heard or trading with Nadex (North American Derivatives exchange) ?

Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one lili with 14 posts (4 thanks)
    2. looks_two drmartinjr3i with 13 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 7 posts (9 thanks)
    4. looks_4 daVinciLite with 7 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one cjforex with 9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two drgnfly8 with 4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 tturner86 with 1.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 111,767 views
    2. thumb_up 57 thanks given
    3. group 168 followers
    1. forum 116 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments

Anyone heard or trading with Nadex (North American Derivatives exchange) ?

daVinciLite
Miami, FL

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 10

All the trading forums are full of crabs that want to pull down any other crab that tries to crawl out of the bucket. They want to drag everyone down. That’s why I seldom post anywhere anymore.

There is a hedging video on the Nadex youtube channel. It gives a quick explanation on hedging. They need to do more stuff on hedging. I only found one video called: "Offsetting Positions"

I can't post links becaue I only have one post.

Good luck,

dVL

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Broker: IB, ToS
Trading: /ES, US Equities/Options
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 2,046
Thanks Received: 9,491

with one post under your belt you have both the right and the experience to judge futures.io (formerly BMT) and it's members. All kinds of crabs here not wanting any other crab to climb out of the bucket...right.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

daVinciLite
Miami, FL

wldman View Post
with one post under your belt you have both the right and the experience to judge futures.io (formerly BMT) and it's members. All kinds of crabs here not wanting any other crab to climb out of the bucket...right.

Well here is a topic that no one knows anything about: Nadex. All the experts come out to give a negative opinion. It happens over and over just as it happened in this thread. Why would anyone post a negative opinion on something they know nothing about? What is the real reason? To help?

I think futures.io (formerly BMT) does a wonderful service - especially with the webinars. I will just keep on the sideline.

Regards,
dVL

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

ask yourself the same question, I guess.

I did not see any overwhelming opinions that where ignorant and negative. Maybe a bit of confirmation bias...people see what they are looking for. Also, how could you possibly know what people "know about" to the point that you could make a statement like that.

The TS asked for opinion. Opinion usually sweeps a wide path covering the full range from nonsense to nonsense the other way.

You get to be the judge..for you. nobody else.

daVinciLite
Miami, FL

wldman View Post
with a pretty rich options background, I wish I'd have though of that.

As with all of my posts with this one especially, please read between the lines.

The only reason I will respond is because there is so precious few examples and information out there on Nadex. A disservice is done when innuendo is done with no facts at hand.

I can only go by what someone posts as to what they know or not know. Separating fact from opinion is the point here so here are some facts.

We had a low of 1384.25 today on the E-Mini contract. If you wanted to go long on Nadex, you would BUY the “Bull Spread” with a floor of 1385. If you were smart and waited until the ES was close to the floor, your maximum loss on the trade was around $50 and you would not have any stop loss to worry about. The ES could drop like a rock, but you would only loose $50. (Assuming you bought 5 Bull Spreads to equal one ES contract).

Lets take the flip side - say you wanted to hedge your long ES position at 1384.25. You could of SOLD 5 Bull Spreads at the same time you went long one ES contract. If you sold a Bull Spread when the price was near a 1385 ceiling, you would have a 10 point stop loss and it would only cost you about $50 – one ES point (depending on conditions). This hedge was not available today because there were no Bull Spreads with a ceiling of 1385, but this is just an example.

Fact - not opinion. Does an “at the money put” costs around $50? If you can get an at the money put for $50 then call me an idiot.

Hope this helps the informed,

dVL

Thanked by:

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Keyboard
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,102

daVinciLite View Post
The only reason I will respond is because there is so precious few examples and information out there on Nadex. A disservice is done when innuendo is done with no facts at hand.

I can only go by what someone posts as to what they know or not know. Separating fact from opinion is the point here so here are some facts.

We had a low of 1384.25 today on the E-Mini contract. If you wanted to go long on Nadex, you would BUY the “Bull Spread” with a floor of 1385. If you were smart and waited until the ES was close to the floor, your maximum loss on the trade was around $50 and you would not have any stop loss to worry about. The ES could drop like a rock, but you would only loose $50. (Assuming you bought 5 Bull Spreads to equal one ES contract).

Lets take the flip side - say you wanted to hedge your long ES position at 1384.25. You could of SOLD 5 Bull Spreads at the same time you went long one ES contract. If you sold a Bull Spread when the price was near a 1385 ceiling, you would have a 10 point stop loss and it would only cost you about $50 – one ES point (depending on conditions). This hedge was not available today because there were no Bull Spreads with a ceiling of 1385, but this is just an example.

Fact - not opinion. Does an “at the money put” costs around $50? If you can get an at the money put for $50 then call me an idiot.

Hope this helps the informed,

dVL

How do you determine the expectancy of your trades?

I understand that I can do this and that, but how do I know that I have an edge in doing something?

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,171
Thanks Received: 6,018

daVinciLite View Post
...We had a low of 1384.25 today on the E-Mini contract. ...

And i had a plan in place: spoo-nalysis

daVinciLite
Miami, FL

Fat Tails View Post
How do you determine the expectancy of your trades?

I understand that I can do this and that, but how do I know that I have an edge in doing something?

I'm not sure about your question? I am writing about the mechanics of Nadex contracts and how they can be used as a hedge to reduce your risk. Trading strategy is another topic all together.

I am an order flow/cumulative delta and market profile trader.

dVL

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

end of thread?

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,171
Thanks Received: 6,018

daVinciLite View Post
...I am an order flow/cumulative delta and market profile trader.

In a curriculum vitae that sounds cool indeed

What do you do in life? 'I am an order flow/cumulative delta and market profile guy'

Last Updated on September 17, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts