NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,964 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 45 posts (51 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 46.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,208,177 views
    2. thumb_up 11,974 thanks given
    3. group 6,309 followers
    1. forum 10,635 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Introduce yourself here!

tradekid 
North Bergen, NJ

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NInjaTrader
Trading: ES, CL
Thanks Given: 52
Thanks Received: 22

Thanks Mike for this forum!

I'm Jacques, 30 years old and have been trading on/off for about 10 years now. Started off swing trading daily charts before I knew what that meant. And also dabbled in options. Now I trade a little forex and mostly ES e mini.

I have studied Richard Joyson (Mr Charts), Macks Price Action, and now Al Brooks. I traded full time for a 1 year period twice.

Good luck fellow traders! We share a pain and a journey that only this group will understand.

P.S. luck isn't some event like winning the lottery your first time. But if you play more than most, you'll increase your chances. However, choose your financial instrument wisely and manage your risk. A tip, the lottery is a losing game - trust the numbers.

Trust the process, not the position.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

CookieMonsta 
Singapore

Experience: None
Platform: MetaTrader 4
Trading: Spot Forex
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 58

Hi guys,

I am new on the forum, been trading Forex for a few years, hope to learn more here.

jck411 
orlando florida/usa

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TOS
Trading: ES, CL
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hi everyone, I am from Orlando Fl USA, I am primarily an options trader but getting into futures and joining this forum is my first step (someone recommended it from optionalpha forums)
I will be reading and learning for a while before I jump in but excited to have found this resource
see you around!

RainFarmer
Brampton, Canada

Thanks Received: 0

I'm an experienced FX trader whose been trading Oil futures for approx. 6 months. I'm enjoying crude trading alot due to the volatility. My other passion is Aikido.

winsco
Brisbane Queensland Australia

Thanks Given: 1

Hello Traders,
I am new to the forum environment, a total newbie!
My Trading Platform is SAXO Trader Pro, which is not listed in the platforms mentioned here, hopefully that will not be too much of a problem?
Currently I am trying my had with CFDs, having dab into options in the past.

I too am looking to become a full time trader and hoping to participate and learn from this forum.

Tradeher 
BayShore, New York USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES Emini
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 2

Hi, I have always been interested in how the market works and truly believe market action precedes news. I am a student of cycles and have studied under Walter Bressert in the early 1990's. Prior to that I clerked on the NYMERC where I was introduced to technical analysis. Over the years I have collected information and have modified indicators to my style of trading. The most important piece of information I have learned and constantly relearning that the only holy grail in trading is discipline. I have yet to create an indicator for that so when I'm profitable, I walk away...most of the time.

Thanked by:

Scomax
Albuquerque, New Mexico; USA

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 3

Thanks Mike, glad to be aboard. I've been trading for a while in futures, forex, and stock options. Had a lot of good trades and a lot of bad trades. Made money and lost money, lost more than I care to admit. I hope to work on myself to improve my results. It seems at times that I am my own worse enemy. With some experience I have learned that we must be comfortable with being wrong the majority of the time. By that I mean the times you have a winning trade you say to yourself that your position should have been larger or you took profits too early and left $$$ on the table or on the other side of the coin when you have a losing trade you tell yourself you should have had a smaller position (lots, shares, contracts, etc.) or your stop was too wide. Or I should have entered the trade earlier or waited a bit longer before entering. You will almost always be wrong somewhere in your trading so getting comfortable with being wrong and making money at the same time is where we want to be. To be comfortable with being wrong is not as easy as it sounds. Self sabotage is our enemy. I hope to learn plenty here. Thanks to all.

Thanked by:

kensanlb
Long Beach CA

Hi Big Mike,
I am faily new to trading, like you I have tried to trade on my own without much success... I have experienced the loss of almost blowing up my account several times and now I realize it's not that easy to make consistent income trading futures. I am here to learn from more experienced traders. Would appreciate any pointers.
Currently I am looking into the functionality of Unirenko bars as a way to trade intraday trends. I trade the NQ and ES and would like to learn simple trend indicators for entry and exits within with 2-3 trades per day.
Thank you for reading and successful trading to you!

Kensanlb

Slide588
Perth Western Australia

Thanks Received: 1

To the trader who asked me about Joel Pozen, unfortunately my message count is low and I can't reply privately so here goes.

Perhaps it's time in the market and lack of experience but Joel Pozen wasn't able to teach me to trade profitably in the 20 months I was with him, which included 18 x 90 minute mentoring sessions and getting his daily emails.

While I appreciate his introduction to price and volume, a friend has introduced me to David Weis's work and his book which is excellent. David emphasizes where support and resistance is, where the trades come in and teaches reading charts without indicators, just price and volume alone. I've just started his 12 week mentoring program and learned heaps in a short period of time. This is now the path I'm following.

Cheers

mayankb
Delhi, India

I am a developer. Beginning with my first indicators. Thanks for the help.

Last Updated on March 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts