NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Cannon Trading Company

Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one CannonTrading with 25 posts (15 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 7 posts (8 thanks)
    3. looks_3 andorre with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 tturner86 with 3 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one perryg with 4.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two DavidHP with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 CannonTrading with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 37,877 views
    2. thumb_up 50 thanks given
    3. group 20 followers
    1. forum 64 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments

Search this Thread

Cannon Trading Company

CannonTrading   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 77
Thanks Received: 183

Sorry for late reply!!

Most FCM's do NOT like option sellers. Higher risk and lower profitability.
One of our advantage is being a independent introducing broker so we do work with a few FCM's.

My preferred FCM for options sellers is OEC/ Gain Capital. Excellent, free software, the desk uses common sense and works with us the brokers who in turn work with the client.

I must say upfront that not all option sellers are "created the same" and by that I mean there are more than a few factors that go into the pricing of commissions for option sellers. Trading behavior, margin responsibility, account size, trading volume and more.

Our published commissions on the website apply for FUTURES. When it comes for options a conversation or email communication with perspective broker will help you quite a bit in getting an exact pricing for selling options and margin policy etc.

In general though, I honestly think that Cannon can offer probably the best set up for a few reasons, one of the main ones is that you will deal with a licensed broker, many of us with over 15 years experience, who will understand the risk of options and be able to asses rather than just simply restrict you.

PM with any questions about Cannon Trading (800) 454-9572 (310) 859-9572. Trading commodity futures, forex and options involves substantial risk of loss. The recommendations contained in this post are of opinion only and do not guarantee any profits. These are risky markets and only risk capital should be used. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
CafeGrande
St Paul, MN, USA

Thanks Given: 131
Thanks Received: 207

I signed up for a demo and must have been added to a mailing list. I liked today's market memo from the big cheese at Cannon:
Hello Traders,

Today I don't have anything of value to share from the trading aspect, so will wish everyone a great evening and a good trading day tomorrow!

Levels and reports are listed below and 4th of July trading schedule is already posted on our site at:

I appreciate the honesty and brevity and wish more analysts, reporters and pundits would do the same. A lot of times there just isn't much news so they fill space fabricating reasons for why ABC went up and XYZ went down.

Thanked by:

Haverchuck 
California

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT
Trading: Index Futures
Thanks Given: 88
Thanks Received: 93

Ilanlm View Post
RCG says they are in the process of getting Rithmic but my speculation is it will be weeks and not days over at RCG.

Hello Cannon/Ilanlm,

Any update on the possibility of RCG supporting Rithmic?

Thnx

@Haverchuck unfortunately Rithmic will not be supported by RCG, at least not in the near future. Will definitely keep you updated if any other news comes up regarding Rithmic and RCG.

Haverchuck View Post
Hello Cannon/Ilanlm,

Any update on the possibility of RCG supporting Rithmic?

Thnx

PM with any questions about Cannon Trading (800) 454-9572 (310) 859-9572. Trading commodity futures, forex and options involves substantial risk of loss. The recommendations contained in this post are of opinion only and do not guarantee any profits. These are risky markets and only risk capital should be used. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.
 effective 
Richland WA/USA

Platform: tws, tos
Trading: RUT, GC, CL
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 20

Ilanlm View Post
Sorry for late reply!!

Most FCM's do NOT like option sellers. Higher risk and lower profitability.
One of our advantage is being a independent introducing broker so we do work with a few FCM's.

My preferred FCM for options sellers is OEC/ Gain Capital. Excellent, free software, the desk uses common sense and works with us the brokers who in turn work with the client.

I must say upfront that not all option sellers are "created the same" and by that I mean there are more than a few factors that go into the pricing of commissions for option sellers. Trading behavior, margin responsibility, account size, trading volume and more.

Our published commissions on the website apply for FUTURES. When it comes for options a conversation or email communication with perspective broker will help you quite a bit in getting an exact pricing for selling options and margin policy etc.

In general though, I honestly think that Cannon can offer probably the best set up for a few reasons, one of the main ones is that you will deal with a licensed broker, many of us with over 15 years experience, who will understand the risk of options and be able to asses rather than just simply restrict you.

I recently opened account with Cannon for futures option selling. I must say that I am very impressed with the service. When I did my first trade, I noticed that OEC added a fee to my transactions. Ilan immediately took care of it by reducing his commission rates to compensate for it.

Thanked by:
 meyer99 
Charlotte NC

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Charts:TOS, execution:TOS
Broker: TOS
Trading: SPX, RUT. TQQQ, Stocks, /YM
Thanks Given: 99
Thanks Received: 122

effective View Post
I recently opened account with Cannon for futures option selling. I must say that I am very impressed with the service. When I did my first trade, I noticed that OEC added a fee to my transactions. Ilan immediately took care of it by reducing his commission rates to compensate for it.

Effective,
A few Q about cannon:

Which platform do you use?
Span margins or close to it?
What are the all in fees?

CafeGrande
St Paul, MN, USA

Thanks Given: 131
Thanks Received: 207

About a month ago I opened an account at Gain/OEC with Cannon Trading as the introducing broker.

My experience to date is that they use SPAN minimum margins. Earlier today I checked sample short trades (both puts and calls) in Silver, Soybeans, Soybean Oil, Natural Gas and Sugar. Using OEC Trader's POSITION window and adding "initial margin" to "option value" the result was 100% of the "initial margin" figure displayed in the CME SPAN tool (the Excel application that DudeTooth created).

I did not compare figures for trades that comprise a spread. Based on the above, I think/hope the offsets used by Gain/OEC would be very similar to what's permitted by the SPAN rules.

Haverchuck 
California

Platform: NT
Trading: Index Futures
Thanks Given: 88
Thanks Received: 93

Hello Cannon/Ilanlm,

Do you offer CQG QTrader as an option with RCG?

Thanks

Hello @Haverchuck! We do offer CQG QTrader with 3 different clearing firms (Ironbeam, Dorman and RCG). Please feel free to call in the office and any broker or myself can assist you.

Haverchuck View Post
Hello Cannon/Ilanlm,

Do you offer CQG QTrader as an option with RCG?

Thanks

andorre 
Cologne/Germany

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: FDAX, YM
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 9

Hi,

Is it correct that NT chart software goes only with Dorman?
Or could one get NT with RCG as well?

Thanks

Last Updated on September 18, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts