NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

MotiveWave - experiences?

Discussion in Platforms and Indicators

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Blonde with 16 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two ch123456 with 15 posts (12 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ScottyA with 12 posts (5 thanks)
    4. looks_4 SBtrader82 with 11 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one jmflukeiii with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two yolo778778 with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ch123456 with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 ScottyA with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 88,990 views
    2. thumb_up 61 thanks given
    3. group 63 followers
    1. forum 159 posts
    2. attach_file 32 attachments

Search this Thread

MotiveWave - experiences?

ScottyA 
Dallas, TX

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MotiveWave, NinjaTrader
Broker: InteractiveBrokers, AMP Clearing
Trading: NQ, ES, GC (sometimes RTY, NG)
Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 9

Been a MotiveWave Ultimate Edition user for 2 years (CQG and IB data). Running Parallels to host NT8, MZpack and Jigsaw. With combination of all these tools, if I can't make money here then I need to find a new gig.

As a day trader primarily trading NQ, I can't speak highly enough about my experience with MW. I'm an oddball 1/2 Elliott Wave counter - 1/2 Order Flow trader, so with all the latest updates to MW, I'm a happy camper.

The absorption prints in the MotiveWave Volume Imprint Study are very similar to those in the MZpack Footprint.

Also unless you are proficient in Elliott Wave, the Auto Wave Analyze is worthless. I have yet to find it accurate. Then again, I haven't used it for almost two years.

Anyone know of a place to pick up new MW studies? On NT8, indi's are a dime a dozen, but with MW, they are hard to come by.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

ch123456 
Houston+Texas/United States

Platform: Ninja Trader, Motivewave
Broker: NinjaTrader, Oanda, TD Ameritrade
Trading: CL GC
Thanks Given: 116
Thanks Received: 110

ScottyA View Post
Been a MotiveWave Ultimate Edition user for 2 years (CQG and IB data). Running Parallels to host NT8, MZpack and Jigsaw. With combination of all these tools, if I can't make money here then I need to find a new gig.

As a day trader primarily trading NQ, I can't speak highly enough about my experience with MW. I'm an oddball 1/2 Elliott Wave counter - 1/2 Order Flow trader, so with all the latest updates to MW, I'm a happy camper.

The absorption prints in the MotiveWave Volume Imprint Study are very similar to those in the MZpack Footprint.

Also unless you are proficient in Elliott Wave, the Auto Wave Analyze is worthless. I have yet to find it accurate. Then again, I haven't used it for almost two years.

Anyone know of a place to pick up new MW studies? On NT8, indi's are a dime a dozen, but with MW, they are hard to come by.

I haven't found a good place yet either. I started a thread here in Futures.io to share studies. There are only 3 on it right now, but I know I will be adding more to it. hopefully others will as well.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

idolum 
Los Angeles

Platform: MotiveWave, ThinkOrSwim
Broker: TradeStation, TD Ameritrade
Trading: Denarius
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 22

I absolutely love MotiveWave's modern and highly customizable interface. Translucent gradients on channels/bands and TPO value areas make the charts really easy on the eyes.

The charting tools are also a joy to use. A very powerful and well designed software.

FYI an upcoming 6-day long 'year end blowout sale' is already being advertised on MotiveWave's website.

AnvilRob 
Smithfield, VA
Legendary Options Mando

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tasty Trade, TradingView
Broker: Tasty Trade
Trading: Futures: Everything
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 347
Thanks Received: 966

I've been using the charts for three years. Don't let the name fool ya. It's a full featured charting package! Not just eliottwave.

I've used allot of platforms. Hands down my favorite.

Sent using the https://nexusfi.com/NexusFi mobile app

My trading plan: Anvils 2024 Trading Plan
Journal 2024 first trade: Link to first 2024 trade entry
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 Japhro 
Canada

Platform: Sierra
Broker: AMP/Rithmic
Trading: NQ, ES, YM, UB
Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 195

TradeTheLevel View Post
I've been using the charts for three years. Don't let the name fool ya. It's a full featured charting package! Not just eliottwave.

I've used allot of platforms. Hands down my favorite.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

It's an excellent charting package and has been improving steadily for the last few years. I would say that it is finally, perhaps, worth the money they ask for the full pull version. As a trading platform, there are still some issues I have with it, perhaps they will start attacking these deficiencies shortly.

AnvilRob 
Smithfield, VA
Legendary Options Mando

Japhro View Post
It's an excellent charting package and has been improving steadily for the last few years. I would say that it is finally, perhaps, worth the money they ask for the full pull version. As a trading platform, there are still some issues I have with it, perhaps they will start attacking these deficiencies shortly.

The platform keeps getting better and faster. If your a manual trader, this is just a great platform designed for technical analysis. Most people only need the trade edition which is very affordable. Once you have that you can trade with plenty of brokers at the same time without having to change platforms. This is great for USA traders that want to add spot FX to their trading while wanting to trade stocks and futures on the same platform. Now if your into algo trading, this really isn't the best choice. Another great thing they did recently is its now available for TopStep trader. Which I think gives you a discount to motivewave if your in the topstep program.

The only other platform I have really enjoyed is the full version of tradingview. The cloudbased charting is fast and fluid and for the price you cant beat that as well. For the longest time I traded through that platform on a linux desktop. Just so I can nerd out a bit.

idolum 
Los Angeles

Platform: MotiveWave, ThinkOrSwim
Broker: TradeStation, TD Ameritrade
Trading: Denarius
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 22

TradeTheLevel View Post
The platform keeps getting better and faster.

I agree. I am using a Mac Pro with multiple monitors which makes running any software in a virtual PC environment less than optimal. MotiveWave really excels on larger workstations and on a Mac with Sierra 10.12.6 it runs as efficient as a macOS native app.

If you use it on a laptop with only 4GB it might not be the best choice. My computer has 64GB of memory and MotiveWave is automatically allocated 1/4 of it (16GB), however, it only uses a fraction of the allocated memory. You can check how much memory is allocated by opening the log files which can be found under ‘Support’ / ‘Log Files’ in MotiveWave's top right menu. With 16GB everything is handled with great ease.

The DOM can definitely be improved but everything else is really well thought out. The integration of the Market Profile with charts is handled quite elegantly. Little things like crosshair synchronization over multiple timeframes on all monitors as well as magnetic alignment with volume bars are really nice.

I would not recommend MotiveWave if you are a DOM scalper but it’s hard to beat as an analytical tool for intraday swing trading and beyond. If there is something you don't like chances are you can customize it. It's the most flexible platform I have ever used.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Motive.jpg
Views:	955
Size:	428.5 KB
ID:	244967  
Thanked by:
 xiixexe 
Los Angeles, CA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader, TOS
Trading: Emini ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 2

I'm a new MW owner. Been trying to figure out how to merge current future contracts with previous contracts, does anyone know how to do it?

AnvilRob 
Smithfield, VA
Legendary Options Mando

xiixexe View Post
I'm a new MW owner. Been trying to figure out how to merge current future contracts with previous contracts, does anyone know how to do it?

You want a continuous chart? Usually there's a symbol for that based on what data feed your using I believe. With my futures broker the symbol is @E6 for the E6 etc.

Here's a link to IQFeed contentious contract look up. Look for the cont contract check block Hope it helps.

https://ws1.dtn.com/IQ/Search/

My trading plan: Anvils 2024 Trading Plan
Journal 2024 first trade: Link to first 2024 trade entry
Thanked by:

Leatherneck 
Minneapolis Minnesota

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Tradestation/ Interactive
Broker: Interactive Brokers/ Tradestation
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 30
Thanks Received: 12

How difficult would it be to maintain ten years of data for S&P 500 stocks and five years of data for twenty to thirty stocks between Italy and the Budapest exchange with motivewave.

Last Updated on August 26, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts