NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

how to set up vwap indicator for intra day and swing trades

Discussion in Platforms and Indicators

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one malcolmdavid with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two forgiven with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 chartmojo2 with 1 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 3,538 views
    2. thumb_up 6 thanks given
    3. group 4 followers
    1. forum 5 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

how to set up vwap indicator for intra day and swing trades

malcolmdavid
Oxfordshire

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

Hi all, I have loaded vwap indicator on mt5 however I do not know how to adjust the inputs for intra day and swing trades, I would greatly appreciate any input from yourselves . Regards Malc

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Kinetick
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 706
Thanks Received: 3,854

malcolmdavid View Post
Hi all, I have loaded vwap indicator on mt5 however I do not know how to adjust the inputs for intra day and swing trades, I would greatly appreciate any input from yourselves . Regards Malc

I can only assume you have no replies because nobody understood the question.

Whilst I do not know about MT5 (and this might be a question that directly relates to the MT5 platform, in which case my response is moot) but VWAP is VWAP. There are no inputs to adjust.

--------------------------------------------------------
- Trade what you see. Invest in what you believe -
--------------------------------------------------------
Thanked by:
malcolmdavid
Oxfordshire

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

JonnyBoy View Post
I can only assume you have no replies because nobody understood the question.

Whilst I do not know about MT5 (and this might be a question that directly relates to the MT5 platform, in which case my response is moot) but VWAP is VWAP. There are no inputs to adjust.

Thank you for your input much appreciated.Cheers Malc

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 580

there are only 2 ways i know how to set it up. number 1 is you take the location from the trading day at the close . the next trading day you use the location from the close. it does not change for the trading day ..it is fixed. number 2 you start running it at the open of the NY session it changes as the price action unfolds during the trading day. some traders use areas were both over lap . i am not the worlds leading expert on this subject. Futures trader 71 uses the vwap he knows more than i do . masket delta and investor rt have tons of free info on it too. ask all those folks there more than happy to help . you also have weekly and monthly vwaps. like any thing in trading its not black and white its gray .

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 chartmojo2 
Missioul Montana usa

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader and others
Trading: nq, es, Hype cool runner Ipo's months out short into lockup expirations. UVXY, TSLA options
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 60

Some vwap hints. Vwap is excellent and I use it all the time as follows. Think of vwap as "unwound". I used it along with 50% of the days range indicator. Later in the day they tend to line up. Think of the space between them as having big gravity. When all the longs and shorts unwind they driift to the vwap and or 50% of the days range. Watch how many times price returns to it in a day lingers there before it commits to a new move. Waves off the bottom and top tend to end there as folks target the natural tendency of unwinding to neutral. Especially before 10:30 (session 1) and 1:15 (session 2). Folks like to ease up, lightening up..unwinding to neutral to catch whatever the big players do around those times. They like to jump on whatever they do and i often starts around vwap/50% range. POC and opening 1 min ranges are also good "gravitys". The more confluences you get with those price magnets...the more pull, tug or gravity. Why? Cuz folks know about this tendency and they target it. The more confluencing factors the more traders are there with targets, entries, exits etc. Vwap is king among those if you get familiar with its dynamics. I usually draw an ellipse between the vwap and 50% of the days range where 10:30 will be and 1:15..and watch for the positioning urge of price to head toward that ahead of 10:30/1:15. That is the 80/20 range vs trend tendency %. Intraday if its above vwap its bullish..below.bearish. I'm talking nq es...futures. The etf's usually run the same way. Another hint...think from the open ...not from the close. The entire history of the market is delivered in the first minute and goes from there. Lay in vwap on a 5 min qqq chart and look how many times on a normal day price passes thru there..10..15 . Not a day like Fri of course..it was a trend day. I know very good traders who use vwap, 50% of the days range, the opening 1 min range (also the initial balance 30 min range) and POC..volume profile point of control almost exclusively. Many trade the extreme vwap moves back to it, especially at the end of waves and into certain time zones. Traders see the market, charts differently over time. vwap is a great tool..you will see it differently over time. To some the market looks random to others price is moving from confluence to confluence of price magnets and vwap is one of the best.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on December 22, 2018

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts