NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,965 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (52 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,235,615 views
    2. thumb_up 12,002 thanks given
    3. group 6,317 followers
    1. forum 10,643 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

theoldwolf
London

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Honestly I am not sure about my membership to this forum, but I suppose that is how a "newcomer" might feel like.
I have been dwelling in trading for a number of years unsuccessfully, and I know I have lost a fair bit, too much to think of.
But I have a clear aim to make a leaving out of it and some good notion that I need to change the "doing it all on my own" nature of my approach so far, so I think that a forum of support could give me that, some support that is.
Unfortunately I am also, apparently on the higher spectrum of "Introversion", according to some bio-metric personality scale (Big 5) so that means that I do not easily take part in group networks and I struggle with manifesting any enthusiasm in general and in group activities.
But I am old enough to know that it is time to risk looking like a fool, since I now suspect that it is the only way to really learn anything.
Thank you for reading this and any reply from any other member will be welcome

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
27 thanks
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,424
Thanks Received: 26,276

theoldwolf View Post
But I am old enough to know that it is time to risk looking like a fool, since I now suspect that it is the only way to really learn anything.

I have found this to be true.

Welcome.

Bob.

omega70 
Arizona

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TOS
Trading: NQ, ES
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

Greetings.
I haven't spent much time on this website, but at Big Mike's urging, I'll do my first post.
I've been studying and trading options for about 10 years, and trying to day trade NQ futures on & off for about 2 years. So far, it's been educating/captivating, but not that rewarding. Would have been much better off if I had just bought SPY 10 years ago & not spent the thousands of dollars & hours of time trying to become a trader.
Attended a traders expo in Nov. 2017 in Las Vegas right after I had lost @$5,000 stubbornly holding unto a short /NQ position for a couple of extra days thinking it was bound to retrace...it didn't. At that workshop, listened to Linda Raschke tell her paying attendants that the dirty secret is that 90% of traders fail or give up & that on only a small % of the 10% who don't give up are actually profitable to any significant degree. However, I'm stubborn & still trying to find success.
Best of luck to all of you who are still in the game!

stve
edmonton Alberta

Hi,

I am steve, started trading about a year ago without any financial background or computer skills... Its been a way harder journey then i had forseen. Oh and also I hated computer and had lost everything i owned. Being the way i am, i thought here why not learn how to master something i hate so much but is so convenient these days and age and its winter so why not take that time to learn. So I found this laptop while binning and its been my best friend since. thru the winter i managed to teach my self enough to be able to handle most hickup that a computer can make me deal with and more. a couple months ago i was able to pay for trading class and i actually never expected that there was so much more to learn but there isnt much i havent tried in life and considering my goals and dreams trading is what can make it work the way it will. so i blew an account because i passed out with trades on no stop loss or anything and fomo id say almost took another one. Im building my wokstation on tt platform and start trading futures which is also a lil bit intimating coming from mt4.

I am here to learn from experience and be able to be experience myself one day.

thank you

Thanked by:

CrudeDude 
Phoenix Arizona

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Global Zen Trader
Broker: GFF Brokers
Trading: Crude CL
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 80

ELche View Post
You don't just buy OTA pro picks , you buy an enrollment/membership into a school that teaches one or different asset classes . Expect to pay upwards of $20K. then you get pro picks with it. I'll sell you mine.. or ...check this site posting of OTA and come back to me.

I am game for getting something I can use on the CL for set up‘s. I am getting the mental part of the game down already, but I do not have a simple easy to follow set up plan for entries with decent probabilities.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

ayngannrand
Tirana

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 5

I am from Albania, BSc in Quantitative Finance. Started my trading journey 5 years ago. Given that I was a broke student, clearly I had no capital thus any money I made in my business (as ghost writer for master theses and research papers), I put into FX trading given the low minimal capital required. You can imagine what a disaster that was because instead of focusing on learning, I was focused on making money LOL. End result, I gathered a lot of bad habits from my first year which took me a while to undo.
I gave up on FX and started to focus on futures and equities. I have been doing swing trading in equities and options for the past 2 years for which I get paid based on performance, which is OK, but the dearest to my heart is futures trading.
I love to sleep at night knowing I have no open positions. After a lot of trial and error I have discovered that NQ is the instrument I have the best relationship with and CL is the second best.
The sweet spot for me is 2-3 trades a day, anything more than that and I am in for big emotional and capital losses. I like pyramiding and I use the 55-144 tick chart (to signal my entry), 1-5-30 min chart for the general view, Orderflow and VWAP. I have no problem cutting losses and I let winners run. My biggest problem is OVERTRADING, losing money in a SIDEWAYS MKT and SMOKING (which makes my anxiety disorder worse)
I am looking forward to sharing with you guys and learning from each and everyone!

Thanked by:
johnny2018
Xiamen china

Glad to join,thanks!

Thanked by:
 amitus 
Netanya, Israel

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: Futures
Thanks Received: 0

Hi Mike, Hi Traders

I'm Glad and exited to join this awsome communitee. I hope we will learn and share great ideas with each other.
Wish us all green days

Thanks,
Amit

gato1076 
Buenos aires Argentina

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 6

Hello everyone,
I have been a member for a few months, but haven't posted anything.

This is me introducing myself. I've been trading stocks and options for a couple of years but lately I've been focusing on the futures market, mainly ES & RTY on the first two hours after the opening. Unfortunately, not successfully yet.

Anyway, I 'm still working on my discipline and stop hesitating when I see a set-up. In the meantime, I'll keep on reading you all to pick up some new ideas.

Very glad to be part of this community. Happy trading to all of you!

Thanked by:
 juris 
ashfdord

Platform: esignal
Trading: indices
Thanks Given: 5

Hi all

I have been trading for several years and have only recently realised I am overtrading massively, often to take my mind off, usually due to fear of missing out on trades.

I am now trying to address this but still have lapses regularly, without realising it.

Juris

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 15, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts